Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My opinion on the HOGS

Started by synthartist69, September 20, 2017, 11:04:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

Like most everyone here, I was really upset by what happened against TCU . But, I don't think we are as bad as it appeared. Missing two easy field goals, catching passes out of the end zone was deflating. We were in it most of the game, we beat ourselves. AS much as I want to blame the coaches, they were not the ones kicking field goals or throwing passes over a receiver's head, nor were they dropping catchable passes. The play calling doesn't fix those things. I think the offensive line should be improved and it doesn't seem to be and that is definitely coaching. I know we had better win this Saturday or all hell is going to break loose in Razorback land. That's why you need to win the winnable games, so that you are not in a must win position and TCU was very winnable. Go Hogs

porkrindjimmy

Who did you blame for Auburn last year? Mizzou? VA Tech? Who recruited said kicker that missed chip shots? Who was responsible for calling those 3 plays from the two before last said missed chip shot? Austin?

We don't get some motivation, some teaching, some preaching, some soul searching and some plain old meanness...it is every bit as bad as it looks...

PRJ

synthartist69

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 20, 2017, 11:07:20 pm
Who did you blame for Auburn last year? Mizzou? VA Tech? Who recruited said kicker that missed chip shots? Who was responsible for calling those 3 plays from the two before last said missed chip shot? Austin?

We don't get some motivation, some teaching, some preaching, some soul searching and some plain old meanness...it is every bit as bad as it looks...

PRJ
It's one game, darn happens, look at LSU

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: synthartist69 on September 20, 2017, 11:11:32 pm
  It's one game, darn happens, look at LSU

Ain't concerned about LSU...unless you are referring to what they did to us last year.

Seriously, it isn't just one game. It is the Auburn game. It is the LSU game. It is the Mizzou game. It is the VA Tech game...and it is the TCU game. There are certain things that show up in every single one of those games. Bret assures us they are correctable but they keep reappearing. Things that have become concerning.

I say this knowing that more than likely, Bret is here for at least two more years and I say Arkansas will win Saturday...

PRJ

bphi11ips

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 20, 2017, 11:07:20 pm

PRJ

So PRJ - I have a question, an honest question, for you.  When I first signed in to Hogville around the South Carolina game in 2006, you had some real estate staked out here already.  You and Notshavin and a whole crew of Darksiders were preaching a gospel I hadn't heard before because I'd been away from home for a long time and didn't have much time for or interest in the internets.  For example, I didn't know Reggie Herring called Gus Malzahn "high school", and I had never heard about "I called that play, brutha".  I read the DemGaz on-line every day and watched every football game I didn't go to, but that was it.  All I really wanted to know was why Houston Nutt benched Mitch Mustain.  Cuz that was one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen a coach make it any sport.  And I watch a lot of sports.  Anyway, I would up sticking around and have been here ever since.

So here's my question.  You write well and know football and the Razorbacks.  Do you ever have anything good to say or just show up here to talk about who should start at right guard, or do you just show up when you sense a crowd gathering?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 20, 2017, 11:24:35 pm
So PRJ - I have a question, an honest question, for you.  When I first signed in to Hogville around the South Carolina game in 2006, you had some real estate staked out here already.  You and Notshavin and a whole crew of Darksiders were preaching a gospel I hadn't heard before because I'd been away from home for a long time and didn't have much time for or interest in the internets.  For example, I didn't know Reggie Herring called Gus Malzahn "high school", and I had never heard about "I called that play, brutha".  I read the DemGaz on-line every day and watched every football game I didn't go to, but that was it.  All I really wanted to know was why Houston Nutt benched Mitch Mustain.  Cuz that was one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen a coach make it any sport.  And I watch a lot of sports.  Anyway, I would up sticking around and have been here ever since.

So here's my question.  You write well and know football and the Razorbacks.  Do you ever have anything good to say or just show up here to talk about who should start at right guard, or do just show up when you sense a crowd brewing?

Cmon man...you and I have talked and communicated quite a bit.

I have had plenty of good to say overy the years. I consistently have quality things to say about Mike Anderson for instance.

I spoke up against Houston because he was a mean and cruel man, to 18 year old kids, to friends of mine...to anybody that disagreed with him. We hire Bobby and things were swell for a time...I guess what I am trying to say is this message board ebbs and flows. I don't participate in love letters, I don't participate in group think. I read this board daily even when I am not active in posting.

When it comes to who should start at right guard, I probably don't participate as much as I should but I gather info from several sources as well as trusting well informed posters and connected posters such as Biggus, Okla, Muskogee, fanofthehill, Ched, Richard Davenport, Rice, fact checker, Wilson, Mike Irwin and of course yourself. You teach me plenty of history that was before my time..you will notice that almost every poster that I just mentioned dislikes me and disagrees with me most of the time...doesn't matter, I trust their opinions and learn valuable information from them.

So...I am here all the time. Just because I am not posting about who should be holding for PAT's doesn't mean I am not engaged or do not know what is going on....

Besides, you and I have conversated enough you know I lean toward the Outlaw spectrum of things.

PRJ

bphi11ips

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 20, 2017, 11:39:07 pm
Cmon man...you and I have talked and communicated quite a bit.

I have had plenty of good to say overy the years. I consistently have quality things to say about Mike Anderson for instance.

I spoke up against Houston because he was a mean and cruel man, to 18 year old kids, to friends of mine...to anybody that disagreed with him. We hire Bobby and things were swell for a time...I guess what I am trying to say is this message board ebbs and flows. I don't participate in love letters, I don't participate in group think. I read this board daily even when I am not active in posting.

When it comes to who should start at right guard, I probably don't participate as much as I should but I gather info from several sources as well as trusting well informed posters and connected posters such as Biggus, Okla, Muskogee, fanofthehill, Ched, Richard Davenport, Rice, fact checker, Wilson, Mike Irwin and of course yourself. You teach me plenty of history that was before my time..you will notice that almost every poster that I just mentioned dislikes me and disagrees with me most of the time...doesn't matter, I trust their opinions and learn valuable information from them.

So...I am here all the time. Just because I am not posting about who should be holding for PAT's doesn't mean I am not engaged or do not know what is going on....

Besides, you and I have conversated enough you know I lean toward the Outlaw spectrum of things.

PRJ

Okay.  Truly meant it as an honest question.  Always enjoy good posters.  We were on the same page with HDN and for the same reason.  Just wish some of the better posters would join in to discuss football.  We ain't talkin' football now, we's talkin' lynchin'.  Never been much on lynchin' myself.

I say give the man some time.  This team appears to be like a box of chocolates.  Maybe we ate all the solid dark chocolates and there's some raspberry bon bons and Gran Marnier truffles left. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 20, 2017, 11:47:46 pm
Okay.  Truly meant it as an honest question.  Always enjoy good posters.  We were on the same page with HDN and for the same reason.  Just wish some of the better posters would join in to discuss football.  We ain't talkin' football now, we's talkin' lynchin'.  Never been much on lynchin' myself.

I say give the man some time.  This team appears to be like a box of chocolates.  Maybe we ate all the solid dark chocolates and there's some raspberry bon bons and Gran Marnier truffles left. 

I am not wanting a lynching either, just wanting a football program that you and I both hold dear to get on the right path.

I think Bret is a good man. I have nothing against Bret Bielema the man. I wish I had some elixir that could make him snap out of the funk that IMO, he is in. But I can't...as you and I have discussed before, I am afraid he is in over his head and no amount of time here, in this conference, will change that.

As far as players, I don't trust his player development. Brandon Allen is the one guy that I can point to that drastically improved from one year to the next, but I attribute that to Dan Enos and Brandon himself...

T.J. Hammonds should be getting at least 10 touches a game. I know, I know, I am not speaking glowingly.

As always, have enjoyed our talks about music...

PRJ

synthartist69

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 20, 2017, 11:21:18 pm
Ain't concerned about LSU...unless you are referring to what they did to us last year.

Seriously, it isn't just one game. It is the Auburn game. It is the LSU game. It is the Mizzou game. It is the VA Tech game...and it is the TCU game. There are certain things that show up in every single one of those games. Bret assures us they are correctable but they keep reappearing. Things that have become concerning.

I say this knowing that more than likely, Bret is here for at least two more years and I say Arkansas will win Saturday...

PRJ
I know it's frustrating, I was the first to bash him, before he even coached his first day, but I think we win saturday