Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kurt Anderson

Started by BrickTwnHog, September 20, 2017, 09:01:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrickTwnHog

Can we agree that a minimum Kurt Anderson will "find another job" at the end of the year?

I know a lot of our problems are deeper than the OL coach but it just seems to me a lot of our problems on offense begin with the OL and started in the last couple years. I could be way off and completely wrong, I just have a hard time believing that we missed on all those highly touted linemen. I have doubts as to how well they are being coached up. Possibly even a personality conflict with players/posistion coach, I have no clue really. I just think if we can get the production from the OL we have 3 or 4 years  ago we might have won the last 3 losses.

LZH

He gone. May not even be a bad idea to do it within the next few weeks.

Al Boarland

Quote from: SpaHog1986 on September 20, 2017, 09:01:34 pm
Can we agree that a minimum Kurt Anderson will "find another job" at the end of the year?

I know a lot of our problems are deeper than the OL coach but it just seems to me a lot of our problems on offense begin with the OL and started in the last couple years. I could be way off and completely wrong, I just have a hard time believing that we missed on all those highly touted linemen. I have doubts as to how well they are being coached up. Possibly even a personality conflict with players/posistion coach, I have no clue really. I just think if we can get the production from the OL we have 3 or 4 years  ago we might have won the last 3 losses.

More coaching staff turnover under CBB? That's the kind of stability we are looking for right there.

PorkRinds

If I had money on it he'll still be here. No clue how it turns out though.

BrickTwnHog

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 20, 2017, 09:04:22 pm
More coaching staff turnover under CBB? That's the kind of stability we are looking for right there.

i said I may be way off, I just gave a opinion. what's yours to fix it?

Al Boarland

Quote from: SpaHog1986 on September 20, 2017, 09:05:33 pm
i said I may be way off, I just gave a opinion. what's yours to fix it?

Cruitin'

PonderinHog

Quote from: SpaHog1986 on September 20, 2017, 09:05:33 pm
said I may be way off, I just gave a opinion. what's yours to fix it?
Hit 'em where they ain't.  But nobody asked me.   

LZH

Someone tell me why it is that Bielema seems to always hire good coordinators but sub-par position coaches.

Hawgphish

Is his brothers named Arn and Ole?

Wildhog

Kurt Anderson is to Bret Bielema what Bret Bielema is to Jeff Long.  O_o
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Poker_hog

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 20, 2017, 09:08:09 pm
Cruitin'

We got blue chip cruits riding the pine with 2 star linemen starting. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

presidenthog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 20, 2017, 09:04:27 pm
If I had money on it he'll still be here. No clue how it turns out though.

This. He got his 1 year audition money. Bert praised how much better skip got. Then went on to claim he might be one of the best o line coaches he has ever had.

It comes down to the fact that he is not going admit he made a bad hire after Pittman snubbed him the way he did. His ego is as large as he is. On another note the only bad comment I've ever heard about any coach is about Anderson on a personal level. Dude seems like a family guy sometimes, then comes across as a smug a hole.

buldozer

Quote from: LZH on September 20, 2017, 09:03:17 pm
He gone. May not even be a bad idea to do it within the next few weeks.

Exactly! If CBB wants to keep his job, he would fire the guy right now and take over his duties personally for the remainder of the year while he lines up a top notch replacement. But he won't do it because he is way to lazy at this point to actually come to work every day and face actual coaching duties. This guy is so lazy he doesn't even engage the players on the sidelines during games, he sure enough is not going to do it on a daily basis!

Al Boarland

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 20, 2017, 09:21:54 pm
We got blue chip cruits riding the pine with 2 star linemen starting.

Not all blue chips pan out. That's why you stack them up every recruiting cycle.

Hoggish1

If you have no clue, you are most likely way off and completely wrong—as you admit...

A word of advice:  Do something else with your time.

MuskogeeHogFan

I think it is way too early to make a semi-accurate guess. Revisit this after we've played more than half the season.
Go Hogs Go!

HogFoo

Sorry.  Dude has had plenty of time.  He needs to be gone.  I mentioned this before and some didn't like it.  But the fact of the matter is, OL is the absolute most important position there is in a Bielema offense, or team and he hired a complete unknown who only had 7games experience as head position coach and pretty ZERO experience as a recruiter!   I'm sorrry, but WTH!???     There is no improvement!  We have 2 walking and a former DLine player as our starters?   We have 3 highly rated 4* guys riding the bench??   I'm sorry, but, Anderson needs to go..   somebsaid, oh well Anderson is a good developer...  really, well where is the development at?!  I sure don't see it!   What we should have done is  as I said before.  Went down the list of top 15 OL coach/recruiters.  Then offered to pay whatever it took to get them to come to Fayetteville!  You don't mess around when it comes to the most important position coach on the team!!! Yet, here we did.  If there is one fault I find in Bielema it is that he hired Anderson for this position.  I've been a Bielema fan since he got here,  and I want him to succeed, and for him to do that he needs to get a better OLine coach!  He really should take over the position himself and dump Anderson now..  He did with Markuson after 2 games at Wisky.  And it looks just as bad now.   I truly believe had Pittman not left, our OLine would have been filled with talent and we probably would have been at 10wins already.  But, he left and it was a huge kick to the nuts!   The sting wouldn't have been as bad if we could have got the next best guy... But we didnt..  we got probably the 130th best guy.. haha.. seriously.  We got a guy who had about zero recruiting experience and had as mentioned 7games exp.  I'm sorry, but we could have got any of the OL coaches from any of the lower division schools and it would probably have been a better hire than Anderson because at least they would have had experience in recruiting and coaching!   But, no, we go get big doors to be our coach!   Anyways... I agree.   Dude is done... definitely needs to be let go at end of season if not sooner!  A great hire at OL position would immediately change the direction of this team and probably save Bielema's job !

Oh and to the detractors. Sorry, Anderson been here long enough.  No results!  The season will prove it, unfortunately!  Hopefully the Hogs can still figure out ways to win even without  having a great OLine or OLine coach!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: HogFoo on September 21, 2017, 06:22:57 am
Sorry.  Dude has had plenty of time.  He needs to be gone.  I mentioned this before and some didn't like it.  But the fact of the matter is, OL is the absolute most important position there is in a Bielema offense, or team and he hired a complete unknown who only had 7games experience as head position coach and pretty ZERO experience as a recruiter!   I'm sorrry, but WTH!???     There is no improvement!  We have 2 walking and a former DLine player as our starters?   We have 3 highly rated 4* guys riding the bench??   I'm sorry, but, Anderson needs to go..   somebsaid, oh well Anderson is a good developer...  really, well where is the development at?!  I sure don't see it!   What we should have done is  as I said before.  Went down the list of top 15 OL coach/recruiters.  Then offered to pay whatever it took to get them to come to Fayetteville!  You don't mess around when it comes to the most important position coach on the team!!! Yet, here we did.  If there is one fault I find in Bielema it is that he hired Anderson for this position.  I've been a Bielema fan since he got here,  and I want him to succeed, and for him to do that he needs to get a better OLine coach!  He really should take over the position himself and dump Anderson now..  He did with Markuson after 2 games at Wisky.  And it looks just as bad now.   I truly believe had Pittman not left, our OLine would have been filled with talent and we probably would have been at 10wins already.  But, he left and it was a huge kick to the nuts!   The sting wouldn't have been as bad if we could have got the next best guy... But we didnt..  we got probably the 130th best guy.. haha.. seriously.  We got a guy who had about zero recruiting experience and had as mentioned 7games exp.  I'm sorry, but we could have got any of the OL coaches from any of the lower division schools and it would probably have been a better hire than Anderson because at least they would have had experience in recruiting and coaching!   But, no, we go get big doors to be our coach!   Anyways... I agree.   Dude is done... definitely needs to be let go at end of season if not sooner!  A great hire at OL position would immediately change the direction of this team and probably save Bielema's job !

Oh and to the detractors. Sorry, Anderson been here long enough.  No results!  The season will prove it, unfortunately!  Hopefully the Hogs can still figure out ways to win even without  having a great OLine or OLine coach!
That part cant be argued. Dan enos came in, quarterback instantly became an NFL draft prospect. Joel Thomas came in, running backs immediately got better at ball security. Even with paul rhoads we saw an improvement with coverage in the defensive backfield. Good coaches make in immediate and noticeable impact. Im not saying I want anyone to lose their job, but the performance of the offensive line post pittman hasn't been up to SEC standards. Austins 30 something sacks last season is indicative of that
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hawgon

Yeah, but who is going to replace Enos after he bolts at the end of the year?

Ironhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 21, 2017, 05:33:56 am
I think it is way too early to make a semi-accurate guess. Revisit this after we've played more than half the season.

^^^^This^^^^

I'm skeptical of his ability to get the job done, but Anderson has only been here one season and two games.  I'll wait until the rest of the season plays out before I make up my mind about him.

WilsonHog

September 21, 2017, 07:10:01 am #20 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:34:39 am by WilsonHog
You're asking for agreement on his departure in one sentence, yet in another admit you have no clue as to what the problem is?

One other point of order: since whether Anderson is our offensive line coach next year will be his and Bret Bielema's decision to make, the utility of a bunch of message board posters agreeing among themselves that he won't be seems...

Can y'all help me find the right word here?

PonderinHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 21, 2017, 07:10:01 am
You're asking for agreement on his departure in one sentence, yet in another admit you have no clue as to what the problem is?

One other point of order: sense whether Anderson is our offensive line coach next year will be his and Bret Bielema's decision to make, the utility of a bunch of message board posters agreeing among themselves that he won't be seems...

Can y'all help me find the right word here?

jkstock04

What's funny is I've seen the "experts" on here in the offseason constantly tout Anderson as a much better coach and technician than Pittman. I've never been that sold on the guy.

All in all if you think about it the offensive line has been the biggest disappointment of the Bielema era. It's mind boggling to me that we have not at least been slightly above average here. At the very best our offensive line has overall been average, and that's being nice. I really thought under Bielema we would have strong, dominant O-lines.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 21, 2017, 07:24:44 am
What's funny is I've seen the "experts" on here in the offseason constantly tout Anderson as a much better coach and technician than Pittman. I've never been that sold on the guy.

All in all if you think about it the offensive line has been the biggest disappointment of the Bielema era. It's mind boggling to me that we have not at least been slightly above average here. At the very best our offensive line has overall been average, and that's being nice. I really thought under Bielema we would have strong, dominant O-lines.
Well, we did in the beginning
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Al Boarland

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 21, 2017, 07:24:44 am

They aren't experts. They are fans. Experts don't automatically expect drastic improvement year 1 to year 2. Fans do every pre-season. Not only do they expect improvement from their team, they expect everyone else will stay the same or be worse. Experts don't expect the next guy up will step right in with no drop off. Fans think they will reload because the guys behind them have been developed.

TDHawgs

Quote from: hawgon on September 21, 2017, 06:57:37 am
Yeah, but who is going to replace Enos after he bolts at the end of the year?
Who will want Enos after this year? Have you watched our Offense lately?

PorkRinds

Quote from: buldozer on September 21, 2017, 03:48:22 am
Exactly! If CBB wants to keep his job, he would fire the guy right now and take over his duties personally for the remainder of the year while he lines up a top notch replacement. But he won't do it because he is way to lazy at this point to actually come to work every day and face actual coaching duties. This guy is so lazy he doesn't even engage the players on the sidelines during games, he sure enough is not going to do it on a daily basis!

Well, that and because it would be ignorant AF for him to do that.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 21, 2017, 04:12:03 am
Not all blue chips pan out. That's why you stack them up every recruiting cycle.
Thank you for explaining this to that guy...sometimes HS talent doesn't translate over to college level talent...

hawgon

Quote from: TDHawgs on September 21, 2017, 08:15:23 am
Who will want Enos after this year? Have you watched our Offense lately?

Which is why he leaves.  He is getting out of town before he gets the blame. 

sowmonella

We've still got about 85% of the season left. One bad 2017 game might be a tad early to make a decision.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HamSammich

Quote from: LZH on September 20, 2017, 09:13:53 pm
Someone tell me why it is that Bielema seems to always hire good coordinators but sub-par position coaches.

Someone tell me about these good coordinators who are continually "asked to find another job"

Robb smith? The one time hogville hero turned scapegoat?

Give it time, fans will trying to run enos out of town before the end.

Captain Morgan

Kurt Anderson should have been fired after Mizzou game.
Kurt Anderson should have been fired after the belk bowl.
Kurt Anderson should have been fired after TCU.
But here we are discussing a coach that should be at Butler County Community College

FANONTHEHILL

He's not going anywhere.   
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgon

Another reason Enos will be leaving.  He didn't hire Anderson.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Captain Morgan on September 21, 2017, 08:45:09 am
Kurt Anderson should have been fired after Mizzou game.
Kurt Anderson should have been fired after the belk bowl.
Kurt Anderson should have been fired after TCU.
But here we are discussing a coach that should be at Butler County Community College
I actually googled to see if that was a real school lol

King Kong

Quote from: hawgon on September 21, 2017, 09:05:30 am
Another reason Enos will be leaving.  He didn't hire Anderson.

Enos was on board with the Kurt Anderson hire.

IMO Anderson's is to technically for the college game. His stuff works with Pro that all they do is football. But in the college game with the minimal time, experience and limited physical tools is too much to make a consistent line

PorkRinds

hawgon

Quote from: King Kong on September 21, 2017, 09:09:34 am
Enos was on board with the Kurt Anderson hire

I'm sure he said so. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: King Kong on September 21, 2017, 09:09:34 am
Enos was on board with the Kurt Anderson hire

Heck wasn't Enos the only one that actually knew Anderson?

King Kong

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 09:12:34 am
Heck wasn't Enos the only one that actually knew Anderson?

From what I gathered yes.

justmakeit2thebcs

We are 2 games into his second year.  We lost our best RB, 2 of the 3 that play weren't here in the spring.  Austin Allen lost of of his receiving targets,  he has no timing connection with the new guys right now and he has always had the propensity to hold on to the ball too long.  These thing can make a OL look worse than they really are.

I will fault Anderson for failing to develop much needed chemistry.  Technique/footwork are good. How well do they know the playbook? not sure.  That's why some with seemingly more ability are on the sidelines.   We run a pro-style offense with many protections/calls, maybe too many. 

As far as missing on OL prospects.  Coaches have very little to go on with HS offensives these days, game tape is almost worthless.  You have to get them in camp, otherwise you look at their frame, feet, see how well the bend.