- wins 2 SEC games
-gets an extension and the largest buyout in school history

- Starts the season 1-3 with loses to Texas Tech and Toledo at home

- loses 56-3 to Auburn
- wins 3 SEC games

- loses to TCU 28-7

Overall record 26-27
SEC record 10-22

Worst football coach in Arkansas history, yes he is.

HF#1

Technically speaking, I would give that title to John L Smith or Jack Crowe.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GoHogsGo2017

Well they didn't really have time to build a program like Bert did.

twistitup

Be careful with all those facts OP - university trolls will be by shortly to tell you that you aren't a real fan.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HF#1

Quote from: GoHogsGo2017 on September 19, 2017, 12:11:27 pm

We can call it a three way tie. But I do agree with you for the most part. He's pretty terrible at this coaching stuff.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BigSexyHog

Those numbers are hard to argue against.  Really no defending him at this point based on the numbers alone.  Obviously there are some good things that you didn't point out but the overall scope is bad. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

GoHogsGo2017

As a fan I want to be able to get excited about Arkansas football games on Saturdays again, we haven't had that in years.

hogcard1964

Quote from: GoHogsGo2017 on September 19, 2017, 11:55:37 am
- blows a 4th quarter lead to Rutgers
- loses 8 SEC games in a row

-blows leads to A&M, Alabama, and Missouri
- wins 2 SEC games

- loses 56-3 to Auburn
- wins 3 SEC games

- loses to TCU 28-7

Overall record 26-27
SEC record 10-22

Out of 28 coaches that have coached more than 1 season, he's technically the 8th worst overall and the 3rd worst coach within the conference.

In regards to these numbers, I didn't realize how good Holtz and Nutt actually were.  Especially Nutt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arkansas_Razorbacks_head_football_coaches

GoHogsGo2017

Hopefully Biggus Piggus doesn't see this and delete it or have things changed around here?

go hogues

- wins 2 SEC games

- loses 56-3 to Auburn
- wins 3 SEC games

- loses to TCU 28-7

Overall record 26-27
SEC record 10-22

Bold is the strongest argument and all that really needs to be said.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

East Clintwood

Quote from: HF#1 on September 19, 2017, 12:05:25 pm

Who knows?  We didn't give either of them a fair chance to recruit all of their own players.  We should have given them 7 years with a huge buyout to ensure their job security.  Maybe if they'd had that they could have sat back and relaxed without worrying about doing the job they were hired to do.  I wouldn't take much for either to be much better than the current guy.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

elksnort

Those who argue against these facts are akin to the former Iraqi war minister that kept claiming that the Iraqi army was holding their own against the U.S. forces.

I am sure someone has this GIF.

Too funny.

But Razorback football is not too funny.

twistitup

Quote from: GoHogsGo2017 on September 19, 2017, 12:23:53 pm
Hopefully Biggus Piggus doesn't see this and delete it or have things changed around here?

Don't hold your breath - it will prob get mysteriously deleted....being realistic is not appreciated around here. Everyone loves to wear rose colored trifocals until CBB gets fired, then they will absolutely destroy him

Hindsight 20/20
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hogcard1964

Quote from: twistitup on September 19, 2017, 12:29:37 pm
Don't hold your breath - it will prob get mysteriously deleted....being realistic is not appreciated around here. Everyone loves to wear rose colored trifocals until CBB gets fired, then they will absolutely destroy him

Hindsight 20/20

+1000

That's why I can't wait to see the reaction here.  The gloves are actually starting to come off now.

Pig in the Pokey

Never beaten Aggy either. If he loses this one, that'd be 6 straight to Aggy for the Hogs, 2 games under .500 for bert, and a 31% sec record.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

elksnort

Hindsight 20/20
Or until his firing is eminent. This board and statewide media is like Lord of the Flies in a way.

GunnerHawg70

Bingo!!!  Yahtzee!!! Checkmate!!! Uno!!! Jackpot!!!

DLUXHOG

what?  you suggesting that they should have been kept around?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

gchamblee

Quote from: GoHogsGo2017 on September 19, 2017, 12:23:53 pm

So you are a new account with 4 posts, but know who Biggus is and what his habits are. What name were you using when you got banned?

GoHogsGo2017

No they shouldn't of been kept around, I never said anything like that. Stop deflecting ... you suggesting Bert should've been?

Locutus_of_Boar

Technically speaking the only Arkansas coach, permanent or temporary to never win a game was Reggie Herring's 0-1.

Excluding temporary coaches the worst performances were:

Otis Douglas 1950-1952 9-21 30% Former Philadelphia Eagles assistant fired and returned to NFL assistant.
Jack Crowe 1990-1992  9-15 37.5% OC Arkansas 1989 fired and became longtime Jacksonville St. HC
Frank Longman 1906-1907 6-8-3 44.1% coach resigned and HC Notre Dame 1909-1910
Danny Ford 1993-1997 26-30-1 46.5% Clemson 1981-1989 - Fired and retired.
Fred Thomsen 1929-1941 56-61-10 48.0% Assistant at Arkansas - bought out and served in WWII and HC Missouri State
Bret Bielema 2013-? 26-27 49.1% HC Wisconsin - ?

Everyone else is over 50%

Bret Bielema 2013-? 26-27

elksnort

Quote from: gchamblee on September 19, 2017, 12:37:16 pm
So you are a new account with 4 posts, but know who Biggus is and what his habits are. What name were you using when you got banned?
Your posts make you seem like Hogville's verbal gestapo.

gchamblee

Quote from: elksnort on September 19, 2017, 12:39:24 pm
Your posts make you seem like Hogville's verbal gestapo.

Only because you and I do not share the same opinion on most subjects. We are much more critical of those that we disagree with.

hog.goblin

The extension came on the merit of 47 - 0 against LSU and Ole Miss, with competive losses to strong Ms St and Missouri teams before and after.  Jeff was playing Arkansas Hold'em and went all in.  He thought Bret had turned the corner and there some evidence there.  But he bet too much and barring a miraculous turnaround he lost.

The Rutgers loss was telling.  So was 0 - 8 regardless of the talent level.  So was the Toledo loss, but then turned around and had a winning SEC record for only the 7th time 25 years.

In a vacuum the TCU loss doesn't bother me as much as it could.  They are a good team.  Within the context of our last 3 D1 games it's very frustrating.  All this talk after the bowl game about making changes either reveals the changes ineffective or never implemented.

He has to beat A&M and win 4 SEC games or he is a lame duck coach until the buyout is affordable.  But he will be here through 2018 so I'm going to support him and hope figures it out.  I don't think he will but would love to be wrong.

DeltaBoy

He walked into a BAD Situation but not done enough to fix it for me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bhogs05

I have been a Brett supporter but I am starting to think he probably isn't the man for the job..but I'm not ready to say the season is lost just based on the TCU game. If we only win 5-7 games this year then I think he should be fired but probably won't be just b/c of the buyout.  I actually think we will play well and win on Saturday but if we look like we did against TCU then yes it's going to be a long year. 

gchamblee

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 19, 2017, 12:44:22 pm
The extension came on the merit of 47 - 0 against LSU and Ole Miss, with competive losses to strong Ms St and Missouri teams before and after.  Jeff was playing Arkansas Hold'em and went all in.  He thought Bret had turned the corner and there some evidence there.  But he bet too much and barring a miraculous turnaround he lost.

The Rutgers loss was telling.  So was 0 - 8 regardless of the talent level.  So was the Toledo loss, but then turned around and had a winning SEC record for only the 7th time 25 years.

In a vacuum the TCU loss doesn't bother me as much as it could.  They are a good team.  Within the context of our last 3 D1 games it's very frustrating.  All this talk after the bowl game about making changes either reveals the changes ineffective or never implemented.

He has to beat A&M and win 4 SEC games or he is a lame duck coach until the buyout is affordable.  But he will be here through 2018 so I'm going to support him and hope figures it out.  I don't think he will but would love to be wrong.

This is a healthy point of view

elksnort

Let me say that the 47-0 deal vs Ole Miss and LSU provided me with great hope for the future. There have also been some very fun games in CBB's time there, for instance the Ole Miss game of 2015.

But in year 5 to not have it all together, or at least mostly together, makes me lose faith in CBB getting it done here at Arkansas.

I still have hope that this season will turn out well. For me 8 wins in regular season or no worse than 7.

Anything worse, and I would love to see him go away..

I don't start a lot of threads because most stuff is covered, but I can't help and think that Oklahoma State can have the program that they are having, then so should Arkansas.

007 License To Squeal

Mr. Multiple account man speaks.......
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

gchamblee

hobhog

I'm sure everyone hopes we lose Saturday so there can be multiple posts exactly like this one continue all year. its so refreshing.

Please beat A$M.

MountieDawg

CBB is the only coach in Arkansas football history to win less than 30% of his conference games and coach more than 3 years at the UofA.  Plus, he is pretty much guaranteed a 6th year.
SEC!

bphi11ips

Hindsight 20/20

You're one of my favorite regulars here because you have good sense but don't take a party line one way or the other.  Check out the post I just made in the Research Project thread and look at the current situation from 30,000 feet.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hobhog on September 19, 2017, 01:09:36 pm
I'm sure everyone hopes we lose Saturday so there can be multiple posts exactly like this one continue all year. its so refreshing.

Please beat A$M.
No.
If we lose Saturday, there will just more "moral victory" posts, more "You are not  a real fan" posts, more "What do you expect, we're little ole Arkansas" posts, and more "No other coach would come to Arkansas" posts.....from all the low standard posters and low achievers.

Dominicanhog

yep good catch.. though many on here have several accounts.. good and bad.. doesn't change his facts though...

hobhog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 19, 2017, 01:17:01 pm
No.
If we lose Saturday, there will just more "moral victory" posts, more "You are not  a real fan" posts, more "What do you expect, we're little ole Arkansas" posts, and more "No other coach would come to Arkansas" posts.....from all the low standard posters and low achievers.

Doubtful. We lose Saturday it will be armegeddon. Let's just win and see what happens?

gchamblee

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 19, 2017, 01:20:54 pm
yep good catch.. though many on here have several accounts.. good and bad.. doesn't change his facts though...

Didnt dispute his facts. He just found the 237th way of saying the same thing that has been posted here for the last couple of weeks. So instead of rehashing the same subject, I decided to point out his incredible insight into the habits of an admin on a board he is "new" to. I found that to be much more interesting. I apologize if it triggered you.

GoHogsGo2017

that's what's wrong with Arkansas fans. We ignore facts and try to find other things to point fingers at like each other

gchamblee

Quote from: GoHogsGo2017 on September 19, 2017, 02:33:59 pm
that's what's wrong with Arkansas fans. We ignore facts and try to find other things to point fingers at like each other

We point fingers at those that ignore our facts, while ignoring their facts. Facts are similar to opinions in that when presenting an argument you can leave out facts that contradict the opinion you are selling. If you want to criticize the underlying problem, I would start with honesty.

GoHogsGo2017

So what the facts supporting Bielema doing a good job here?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: GoHogsGo2017 on September 19, 2017, 02:42:17 pm

Those facts of which he speaks will not include winning football games...they will be of the "off the field" type things...

Michael D Huff AIA

The only thing that CBB doesn't have in common with Smith or Crowe is that CBB is still employed at UA.

gchamblee

Quote from: GoHogsGo2017 on September 19, 2017, 02:42:17 pm

If I wanted to argue that he is doing a good job I would cherry pick games that were good wins for us. There are a few really good ones. If I were wanting to argue that he is doing a bad job, I would use his overall record and lack of progress against him.

GoHogsGo2017

Ok so his records bad and he's doing a bad job. We agree

gchamblee

Quote from: GoHogsGo2017 on September 19, 2017, 02:54:36 pm
Ok so his records bad and he's doing a bad job. We agree

I didn't agree with you. Don't be so desperate for approval.

DoctorSusscrofa

Excuses, excuses.  They didn't get the chance because they didn't earn the chance. Neither coach had Rose Bowl experience or anything else on their resume's worth giving them more rope.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

GoHogsGo2017

I can't figure out what your arguement is then?

Spikes

Overall record 26-27  26-28
SEC record 10-22   10-23   after this weekend
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

hogcard1964

Quote from: Spikes on September 19, 2017, 03:19:20 pm
Overall record 26-27  26-28
SEC record 10-22   10-23   after this weekend

I don't agree.

I think this is more of a must win game for Bert.

AirWarren

- wins 2 SEC games

- loses 56-3 to Auburn
- wins 3 SEC games

- loses to TCU 28-7

Overall record 26-27
SEC record 10-22

Get a life.