Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's an unpopular thread

Started by lakecityhog, September 17, 2017, 10:26:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

My season prediction was 9-3 for the regular season with the bowl game as a toss-up.
After the TCU game I melted down like a lot of this board.
Watching some of the games last night and yesterday afternoon I still believe that we win 6 and quite possibly 7, but our whole season rides on the outcome of the ATM game. Lose it and we could well implode, win and we could see a jump start like in previous years.
Win that one and we have our shot at a bowl, probably a lower tier bowl, but a bowl.

Current-----------1-1
ATM---------------2-1
NMSU-------------3-1
USCe--------------4-1  We have 2 games to get the Offense figured out, score 3 TD's and we win this game
Bama-------------4-2
Auburn------------4-3  Somehow win this game and the season starts to look like a real winner
OM-----------------5-3  No Depth and by this time in the season they may be ready to throw in the towel.
CoastC-------------6-3
LSU----------------6-4  Their lack of O actually gives us a chance win this game and 8-4 is a real possibility!
MSU----------------6-5  They are a better team than us, period!
Mizz----------------7-5  Lose this game and we don't deserve to go bowling!!!

As a matter of full disclosure, I'm still not sure that I would be truly happy. I am so tired of this split personality of a team. Show up and look like we forgot how to play football, get reamed by the fans and knuckle down and start playing like an SEC team should and then inexplicably drop another head-scratcher.

I honestly feel like BB is the personality type that needs a strong, assertive boss to keep him on track. Without that he tends to coast until things go south. Not sure that he will grow out of that ever. Your personality is your personality and seldom changes.

Kevin

blueprint is out there

run blitz us on early downs.
crossing routes, screens, roll outs in the passing game

run right at our defense.

I just don't see us getting to 6 or 7 wins
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22