Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We might still have a Chance at 8+ wins this year

Started by Keldeo1997, September 16, 2017, 06:22:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Keldeo1997

Everyone but Bama, LSU and maybe Miss ST look to be terrible this year.

A&M is obvious, Old Miss is in trouble with the NCAA , Auburn has a ever worse Offence than we do/struggled vs a FCS team and Missouri just got blown out at home to a 3-9 team.  Idk about USCe .  The only games that are sure losses are Bama and Lsu.

Tusks

Quote from: Keldeo1997 on September 16, 2017, 06:22:41 pm

A&M is obvious, Old Miss is in trouble with the NCAA , Auburn has a ever worse Offence than we do and Missouri just got blown out at home to a 3-9 team.  Idk about USCe .  The only games that are sure losses are Bama and Lsu.

Then there is the BB factor.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Biggus Piggus

Don't want the Hogs to be bad enough to win less than 8 against this schedule, but it might happen.
[CENSORED]!

lakecityhog

I have said 6 and he could win 7 plus a bowl would put us at maybe 8-5. After TCU's defensive performance today it would make losing that game even worse! Another season with a chance to win 9 games and to maybe be relevant again down the tubes.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Dark Helmet Hog

September 16, 2017, 06:29:24 pm #6 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 06:47:59 pm by Dark Helmet Hog
A decent season is still possible but... We could win as few as 3 for the year if we continue to play like last Saturday.

SugarHillGaHog

I honestly think it's wide open to be runner up to Bama this year.  I've not been impressed with any SECw teams so far.  Now watching LSU/MSU and it's early.  Hopefully the Hogs can get it together and stun us along with everyone else.

Biggus Piggus

Some of the talent on the field in the LSU-MSU game is scary.
[CENSORED]!

PonderinHog

Yeah, LSU didn't waste much time responding to MSU's drive.

Poker_hog

Bert is coaching for his job next weekend.  Beat A&M and it's hard to see us not winning 6.  Lose to A&M and a losing record becomes a real possibility. 

Right now I think we're probably better than A&M, mizzou and maybe ole miss.  Also think we got a decent shot at USCe and state at home.  So yeah if everything goes perfectly we could win 8.  Of coarse were paper thin on defense.  An injury or 2 and we could go 4-8.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Bubba's Bruisers

A&M is obvious, Old Miss is in trouble with the NCAA , Auburn has a ever worse Offence than we do/struggled vs a FCS team and Missouri just got blown out at home to a 3-9 team.  Idk about USCe .  The only games that are sure losses are Bama and Lsu.

Except that it's essentially a coin toss for us against all those terrible teams.  Because, you know, we're terrible too.  We're not winning all the coin toss games.  We're not winning 8.  I'm guessing 6 at best. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

cosmodrum

Yet, we won't win an SEC game. We are THAT bad.

I hate this. It just sucks the life out of CFB for me. Didnt watch a single game. Didn't care.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 16, 2017, 07:14:34 pm
Bert is coaching for his job next weekend.  Beat A&M and it's hard to see us not winning 6.  Lose to A&M and a losing record becomes a real possibility. 

Right now I think we're probably better than A&M, mizzou and maybe ole miss.  Also think we got a decent shot at USCe and state at home.  So yeah if everything goes perfectly we could win 8.  Of coarse were paper thin on defense.  An injury or 2 and we could go 4-8.

3-9, right now, is the greatest possibility.
Go away, batin'

hobhog

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 16, 2017, 07:14:34 pm
Bert is coaching for his job next weekend.  Beat A&M and it's hard to see us not winning 6.  Lose to A&M and a losing record becomes a real possibility probability. 

Fixed that for ya.   But the Aggies are better than we are.  We are the worst I have seen since BB first year here.     Most likely scenario is we win no more than 5 games this season.

Poker_hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 16, 2017, 07:21:56 pm
Except that it's essentially a coin toss for us against all those terrible teams.  Because, you know, we're terrible too.  We're not winning all the coin toss games.  We're not winning 8.  I'm guessing 6 at best. 

Actually 6 would be the worst thing in my book.  Bert get another year that he doesn't deserve in that scenario.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 16, 2017, 07:33:57 pm
Actually 6 would be the worst thing in my book.  Bert get another year that he doesn't deserve in that scenario.

Me too.

Poker_hog

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 16, 2017, 07:33:54 pm
Fixed that for ya.   But the Aggies are better than we are.  We are the worst we have seen since BB first year here.     Most likely scenario is we win no more than 5 games this season.

I'm really looking forward to see what the opening line is tomorrow.  I feel like we should be the favorite but I wouldn't be shocked to see us as the dog.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 16, 2017, 07:36:02 pm
I'm really looking forward to see what the opening line is tomorrow.  I feel like we should be the favorite but I wouldn't be shocked to see us as the dog.

I'm thinking we'll be a 10 point underdog. 

Bubba's Bruisers

I said earlier that this situation is beginning to feel like the Nutt situation sans all the personal hatred between Nutt and so much of he fanbase.  I mean BB is at least a likeable dude.  Someone you want to see succeed even when you have little confidence he can.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

cosmodrum

Quote from: hobhog on September 16, 2017, 07:30:35 pm
Good grief......grow a pair.

What does a set of nuts have to do with the fact that we will be underdogs to garbage football teams? I think he'll win a game or two he shouldn't and we go 4-8 or 5-7.

We SHOULD be able to go 8-4 or 9-3 with this schedule, but we are apparently rebuilding still. 5 years.
Go away, batin'

PossumFan

So you're rooting for a Hogs loss, right?

Pecos Hog

Quote from: PossumFan on September 16, 2017, 07:43:52 pm
So you're rooting for a Hogs loss, right?
In the long run, it's the best thing for our program.   It's called The Darkside.   

cosmodrum

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 16, 2017, 07:46:03 pm
In the long run, it's the best thing for our program.   It's called The Darkside.   

You're an idiot. Well done.
Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

Pecos Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 16, 2017, 07:47:06 pm
You're an idiot. Well done.

I wish rooting for a team actually helped.    I'll just have to sit back and watch this season implode.   

a0ashle

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 16, 2017, 07:46:03 pm

Anyone rooting for failure is not a hog fan, full stop.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

grayhawg

8 wins sounds good to me,  but which 5 SEC teams do we beat assuming we don't lose another non conference game?

cosmodrum

Quote from: grayhawg on September 16, 2017, 07:54:47 pm
8 wins sounds good to me,  but which 5 SEC teams do we beat assuming we don't lose another non conference game?

To think we can win 8 games is insane.
Go away, batin'

a0ashle

We will be 10x the dumpster fire after CBB if he isn't successful to some degree. Established coaches are going to see failure of CBB as a sign that it can't be done here. We're gonna be relegated to hunting for a flash in the pan up and comer. We will likely churn through young gun coaches like 2 for 1 night at the catfish hole.

We all better hope that CBB does enough to show that we can be a top team, or I'm afraid we'll be considered a stepping stone job forever.

grayhawg

BB teams seem to always start the season slow and then finish slow.  There in the middle he'll usually win 1 or 2 that surprises you.  Horrible as we are, we might pull 6-6 regular season if most of the SEC sucks way more than usual.  I have always said that our success greatly depends on many of the teams we play having bad teams in the same year.  This could be the year but I see no reason to believe we have anything to take advantage of it.  I expect nothing but hot air, empty promises, horrible coaching and continued employment form BB. 

woodrow hog call

Quote from: grayhawg on September 16, 2017, 07:58:56 pm
Yep it is, no way we win 5 SEC games.

Then why don't you cosmo and the rest of you go away and come back next year?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

a0ashle

Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 16, 2017, 08:14:01 pm

They have a irrational need to spread their misery to others. It would make hogville more bearable if they would pound sand.

Tarheelhawg

As I watch the Clemson/ Louisville game, I am reminded of the fire in the belly that those winning coaches have.  It is contagious for the players.  A coach with that kind of fire and intelligence could easily win 8 games with this team and this schedule.  Oh yeah, take your pick Dabo or Petrino. 

hoglady

Purdue is better than you think.
They would beat a lot of SEC teams this year - they have a good offense with really good QB play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogPharmer

It's bad when your reason that we "have a chance at 8 wins" isn't because of any potential good performance by our team, but rather that our competition is THAT bad. Not arguing with your point (although I don't see us coming close to 8 wins). But that's nothing to be proud of.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Pecos Hog

Apparently some people here still embrace mediocrity.   I don't.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 16, 2017, 08:21:17 pm
Apparently some people here still embrace mediocrity.   I don't.

Maybe, just maybe, some of us still think we have a lot of season ahead of us and didn't get the memo that all the remains games were already Losses.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

grayhawg

Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 16, 2017, 08:14:01 pm
We express our opinions same as the sunshine pumpers. This is a message where people share their opinions both positive and negative

a0ashle

a0ashle

Quote from: grayhawg on September 16, 2017, 08:26:26 pm
We express our opinions same as the sunshine pumpers. This is a message where people share their opinions both positive and negative

So what's your point? You didn't like his opinion that you should go elsewhere?

Poker_hog

hobhog

LETS GO! Can not WAIT to beat Aggies ass.....

There's lots to play for. 🐗🐗🐗

hobhog

sickboy

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 16, 2017, 07:56:34 pm
To think we can win 8 games is insane.

It's not insane. We have the talent. It's just hard to see through the woods right now.

Poker_hog

Quote from: a0ashle on September 16, 2017, 07:58:10 pm
We will be 10x the dumpster fire after CBB if he isn't successful to some degree. Established coaches are going to see failure of CBB as a sign that it can't be done here. We're gonna be relegated to hunting for a flash in the pan up and comer. We will likely churn through young gun coaches like 2 for 1 night at the catfish hole.

We all better hope that CBB does enough to show that we can be a top team, or I'm afraid we'll be considered a stepping stone job forever.

We've won before Bert and we'll win after him. 

Other coaches know Bert has never won without alverez and probably never will.