Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCar will be a very tough out....

Started by Al Boarland, September 02, 2017, 04:26:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Boarland

Arkansas Fan

longpig

Yeh they will , after having a pretty good last season loaded with underclassmen and playing well today,  I have no idea why anyone would think otherwise.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Al Boarland

HamSammich

I only watched like three of their games last year. They are a hellova lot faster and bigger than I thought. I think we are a lot deeper though so let's see what the SEC schedule does to the rosters before we worry about it.

ChicoHog

They are my sleeper pick this year.  I took them today on the money line and also bet them over 5.5 wins for the season.  I think they win at least 6, maybe 7 games. Hopefully we are not one of those victories. I think they will score a lot of points but their defense is suspect. 

Al Boarland

Quote from: HamSammich on September 02, 2017, 04:50:38 pm
I only watched like three of their games last year. They are a hellova lot faster and bigger than I thought. I think we are a lot deeper though so let's see what the SEC schedule does to the rosters before we worry about it.

I'd have to look up the recruiting rankings. I'm not convinced we are that deep.

Biggus Piggus

South Carolina gives Arkansas a chance to get a very respectable road win.
[CENSORED]!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 02, 2017, 04:56:11 pm
I'd have to look up the recruiting rankings. I'm not convinced we are that deep.

Well, we obviously ain't deep in the OL.  Or LB.  Not sure about DL.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Sed76

All I have heard on here all off season is how South Carolina and TCU will be easy wins. Would think most here would have figured out a long time ago easy wins for the Hogs are few and far between.

HamSammich

Guys we are actually pretty darn deep imo .. I don't think there is a huge drop off with our second string at Ol and lb.... which might be a bad thing but I dunno.

I've watched our first game many times now. I was surprised with our depth after being initially negative about the game.

Hawg Life

South Carolina has had months to prepare for an overrated NC ST. game. There's a reason The Chickens are picked to go 6-6 or 7-5. Muschamp has never been called a good coach. I like our chances.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Sed76 on September 02, 2017, 05:00:09 pm
All I have heard on here all off season is how South Carolina and TCU will be easy wins. Would think most here would have figured out a long time ago easy wins for the Hogs are few and far between.

I literally LOL'd.  Good one.  You must be pretty new around here. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hawg Life on September 02, 2017, 05:01:42 pm
South Carolina has had months to prepare for an overrated NC ST. game. There's a reason The Chickens are picked to go 6-6 or 7-5. Muschamp has never been called a good coach. I like our chances.

Yes, Muschamp is the equalizer.  He's not a HC in my opinion.

NCST isn't bad at all.  USCE is playing a very quality opponent the first week. Quality coach too.  Win or lose today, we will have our hands full with USCE.

Al Boarland

We've been picked to win 6/7 games. There's a reason for that as well, no?

longpig

Quote from: Sed76 on September 02, 2017, 05:00:09 pm

I feel your pain.

longpig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 02, 2017, 05:05:11 pm

I dislike Muschamp as much as the next guy, but USCe could do worse.

TheRazorback500

Henre' will have his hands full with Edwards.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 02, 2017, 04:26:05 pm
Solid football team.

Oh yeah...not.

They've given up 457 yards and gained 250 0ffensively. Limit penalties, don't turn the ball over and I'm not worried.
Go Hogs Go!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: longpig on September 02, 2017, 05:10:21 pm
I dislike Muschamp as much as the next guy, but USCe could do worse.

Well yeah.  Same for us.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 02, 2017, 05:33:19 pm
Oh yeah...not.

They've given up 457 yards and gained 250 0ffensively. Limit penalties, don't turn the ball over and I'm not worried.

I'll bet they're at least improved.  There's no doubt in my mind it will be a coin flip type game for us.  I mean it's not like our team is the only one capable of fixing first game mistakes and improve as season moves along.

Kevin

I know why Williams left. They don't use the rb at all
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Kevin on September 02, 2017, 05:41:56 pm
I know why Williams left. They don't use the rb at all

That is one of the reasons why South Carolina will have trouble winning a lot of SEC games this season.

That and the fact that Muschamp couldn't head coach his way out of a paper bag.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 02, 2017, 05:44:34 pm
That is one of the reasons why South Carolina will have trouble winning a lot of SEC games this season.

That and the fact that Muschamp couldn't head coach his way out of a paper bag.

Can't argue with that.

HamSammich

We will beat south caddilacky because they are super thin all over their roster. We are not.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 02, 2017, 05:06:00 pm
We've been picked to win 6/7 games. There's a reason for that as well, no?

Yes, we have been predicted to win 6-8 games, and that's realistic. This thread makes it sound like S Carolina is a good team, and they are mediocre without factoring in Muschamp, and Boom is a definite disadvantage.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 02, 2017, 05:41:29 pm
I'll bet they're at least improved.  There's no doubt in my mind it will be a coin flip type game for us.  I mean it's not like our team is the only one capable of fixing first game mistakes and improve as season moves along.

All teams are going to improve to some degree. At this point however, I'm not worried about S. Carolina. That may change but we will see.
Go Hogs Go!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hawg Life on September 02, 2017, 05:48:45 pm
Yes, we have been predicted to win 6-8 games, and that's realistic. This thread makes it sound like S Carolina is a good team, and they are mediocre without factoring in Muschamp, and Boom is a definite disadvantage.

Shoot, We may be mediocre too.

Piney Woods Rooter

We will beat USC east by three touchdowns

Dwillhog66

Quote from: Hogless on September 02, 2017, 05:54:08 pm
We will beat USC east by three touchdowns

I wasn't impressed with SC. I think we win as well. Their D appeared weak today.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hawg Life on September 02, 2017, 05:48:45 pm

Disadvantage to a guy that lost to Toledo and Texas Tech?

ChicoHog

NCST isn't bad at all.  USCE is playing a very quality opponent the first week. Quality coach too.  Win or lose today, we will have our hands full with USCE.
But he's a great rercuiter and that matters just as much or more. 

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 02, 2017, 06:18:26 pm
But he's a great rercuiter and that matters just as much or more. 

I wouldn't say great.  He is, however, in a much more furtile recruiting region than UA.

And talent is THE life blood of any program.  Just have to have a staff that can coach them.  Don't trust him to be that guy with any consistency.

MuskogeeHogFan

I'm not going to go to that length at this point. I don't care how good of an opponent you are playing the first week of the season (aside from Alabama) you had better be able to give up less than 504 yards to your opponent and generate more than 246 yards of total offense.
Go Hogs Go!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 02, 2017, 06:24:44 pm
I'm not going to go to that length at this point. I don't care how good of an opponent you are playing the first week of the season (aside from Alabama) you had better be able to give up less than 504 yards to your opponent and generate more than 246 yards of total offense.

Yes, probably not correctable.  Like our OL woes are probably not correctable either.  So again, a 50/50 proposition.

HamSammich

factchecker

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 02, 2017, 06:12:46 pm
Disadvantage to a guy that lost to Toledo and Texas Tech?

Muschamp lost to Georgia Southern (at Florida) and South Florida last season.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HOGINTENNESSEE

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: factchecker on September 02, 2017, 06:40:22 pm
Muschamp lost to Georgia Southern (at Florida) and South Florida last season.

Have to go with advantage CBB on that one

hogcard1964

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 02, 2017, 06:42:55 pm
Have to go with advantage CBB on that one

Lol.  That's about like arguing who sucks worse.  You aren't making much of a case for BB when trying to compare him to Muschamp.  But yes, I like BB over Muschamp.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 02, 2017, 06:26:58 pm
Yes, probably not correctable.  Like our OL woes are probably not correctable either.  So again, a 50/50 proposition.

Read more my friend, I already said that things are correctable.

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 02, 2017, 05:52:46 pm
All teams are going to improve to some degree. At this point however, I'm not worried about S. Carolina. That may change but we will see.
Go Hogs Go!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 02, 2017, 06:51:47 pm
Read more my friend, I already said that things are correctable.

It was sarcasm, friend.  Both teams have plenty of crap to clean up.  To suggest USCE is nothing to be concerned with is awesome.  Especially given our history the last 5 seasons.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 02, 2017, 06:59:03 pm
Sc has no run game.

Sure doesn't look like it.  Not good for an offense as the season progresses.

While the yards were not aligned with who won the game today, I have worried about us winning at SC this year all along and today didn't change my mind.  Funny how many on here can easily see how the other teams coach cannot coach a lick but sees us as having a real genius for planning, conditioning, adjusting attitudes and game planning out the hiney. 

SC gave up too many yards and didn't roll up enough yards themselves.  But somehow they still won.  Lotta luck and maybe some coaching involved. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 12247 on September 02, 2017, 07:16:31 pm
While the yards were not aligned with who won the game today, I have worried about us winning at SC this year all along and today didn't change my mind.  Funny how many on here can easily see how the other teams coach cannot coach a lick but sees us as having a real genius for planning, conditioning, adjusting attitudes and game planning out the hiney. 

SC gave up too many yards and didn't roll up enough yards themselves.  But somehow they still won.  Lotta luck and maybe some coaching involved. 

Living in a vacuum does that to fans.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 02, 2017, 07:10:01 pm
It was sarcasm, friend.  Both teams have plenty of crap to clean up.  To suggest USCE is nothing to be concerned with is awesome.  Especially given our history the last 5 seasons.

My mistake, I didn't read the "sarcasm" into your comment.
Go Hogs Go!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 02, 2017, 07:33:13 pm
My mistake, I didn't read the "sarcasm" into your comment.

Eh, no worries.  Enjoying the debates.