Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gator LB Ventrell Miller & WR James Robinson, busted in on-campus housing

Started by jbcarol, August 26, 2017, 06:47:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

The Fulmer Cup‏ @TheFulmerCup

2 Florida players, LB Ventrell Miller & WR James Robinson, busted with marijuana in on-campus housing

QuoteTwo University of Florida football players, one of whom was already suspended for the team's opener against Michigan, were cited this week for having marijuana in their on-campus apartment, a UF Police report says.

Ventrell Miller and James Robinson were charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana on Monday.

The police report says a residential assistant walking outside of the Keys residential complex on campus smelled a "strong odor of burnt cannabis emanating in the air" around 12:30 a.m. Monday. He called University police who found the apartment and knocked on the door. A suite mate identified Robinson as the person who occupied the room that the odor was coming from.

Once inside the room, officers found a cloud of smoke and a styrofoam cup that police say appeared to be used as an ash tray. Robinson and Miller were in the room.

Officers asked Robinson where the cannabis was and he said it was in his top drawer.  There were two small bags of marijuana and Robinson and Miller admitted to each owning one of the bags, the report says.

Both players were issued a notice to appear and an on-call dean was notified.

Miller is a freshman outside linebacker who was already suspended for the team's opener against Michigan after his involvement in a scheme involving seven players who used university issued credit cards to buy electronics and other items, then sell them.

First Coast News reached out to the school's athletic department. They issued a short statement saying "Coach McElwain is aware and it has been dealt with."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

kodiakisland

And isn't Robinson the one who got in trouble at Ohio State during a recruiting trip for marijuana?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

jbcarol

Quote from: kodiakisland on August 27, 2017, 02:09:16 am
And isn't Robinson the one who got in trouble at Ohio State during a recruiting trip for marijuana?

Florida WR signee James Robinson will 'always regret' getting in trouble at Ohio State

QuoteA week after his trip to Florida, Robinson was cited for marijuana possession while visiting Ohio State. Gators coach Jim McElwain and wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon II kept recruiting Robinson, but the the university administration stepped in and prevented Robinson's signing just two days before his announcement.

However, McElwain convinced the administration to let Robinson join the football program and gave him the green light on signing day.

"It meant the world to me. Florida was my dream school," Robinson told SEC Country. "With all the things Coach Mac and Coach Dixon did for me, you can't go wrong with a staff like that."

He regrets his slip-up at Ohio State. Robinson said there was a negative perception about his character before that visit, and the incident further damaged his image.

"Just my appearance and how I was looked at, people always thought I was a bad kid," Robinson said. "When I got in trouble, people were like, 'I told you so.' I'll always regret that."

Q: What was the biggest rumor about you that wasn't true?

"That I was gang-banger. I started hearing it toward the end of my sophomore year, going into my junior year. I won't say his name, but a coach started the rumor. I just stopped hanging around people and stayed to myself. But I've never been in a gang."

Q: What's the biggest secret you kept during the recruiting process?

A: "I always knew I was going to Florida. I grew up a Florida fan and when they first offered I was going to commit. I texted my brother and sister to let them know, and they told me I should wait."

Q: What is the funniest thing any head coach said to you during the entire recruiting process?

A: "Coach Mac was like, 'Man, you grow every time I see you.' That was the funniest thing."

Q: Which school disappointed you the most during recruiting?

A: "Florida..."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net