Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conspiracy Theory a la The Dale

Started by NaturalStateReb, August 03, 2017, 03:27:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

Ole Miss and The Dale have dirt on each other, and everyone knows that Ole Miss' chatter isn't what's keeping The Dale from landing a new gig. Nobody is going to want the discovery on this thing, so why file it?

Here's a theory--to raise his profile in Arkansas.

It's no secret that Dale wants in the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame very badly. It's also no secret that he's been slowly, if quietly, raising his profile in the state in an effort to repair his damaged reputation here. What if this lawsuit is really just another step in that quest?  He'll take on a Robin Hood persona against a conference rival, causing most casual fans to cheer him on and let him be known again for something positive.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Bubba's Bruisers

I never once thought about easing up on my loathing of Nutt during his spat with Ole Mi$$.  Not one time.  But yeah, he's definitely trying to at least maintain any reputation he might have.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hawgboy64

I thought that Nutt had been permanently castrated.
Hall of Fame oh heck no.
Hall of Shame, 1st ballot entry.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Porked Tongue

He's not doing this for AR.

I think he makes the AR HOF.

NoogaHog

That would be the worst way to do that. Yes, Arkansas fans are delighting the apparent roosting of Ole Miss's chickens, but NO WAY he comes out clean in this. He looks as arrogant, sleazy, and now vindictive as ever. If he wants good will in the state, and to get back into coaching, he should do some volunteer work, or take a low salary at a small college in the state to coach or be a "special consultant" a la Danny Ford.

Heck, go work at the school for the deaf. The press and everyone else would love the coming full circle. 
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

ricepig

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 03, 2017, 03:27:02 pm
Ole Miss and The Dale have dirt on each other, and everyone knows that Ole Miss' chatter isn't what's keeping The Dale from landing a new gig. Nobody is going to want the discovery on this thing, so why file it?

It's no secret that Dale wants in the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame very badly. It's also no secret that he's been slowly, if quietly, raising his profile in the state in an effort to repair his damaged reputation here. What if this lawsuit is really just another step in that quest?  He'll take on a Robin Hood persona against a conference rival, causing most casual fans to cheer him on and let him be known again for something positive.

It's a theory, about all you can say about it.

DLUXHOG

When his, and Ol Missus crimes fall out of the closet, and are exposed to the light of day,  no state will lay claim to him..... not Arkansas (unfortunately his place of birth), Oklahoma (place he ran to to not play college ball because he didn't get the starting nod at Arkansas), or Mississippi....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

longpig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 03, 2017, 03:40:19 pm

Hootie will have to suffer a very loooooong string of horrible misfortune and bad luck to garner the pity that would land him a HOF entry. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Steef

For what?

What in the world did he do for Arkansas that was outstanding enough for HOF?

"Longest butt kissing streak?"

longpig

Quote from: ricepig on August 03, 2017, 03:43:41 pm
It's a theory, about all you can say about it.

Have to admit it appears to be how HDN thinks, but I'd give it hypothesis level accuracy.  Theory level is a stretch.
Don't be scared, be smart.

NoogaHog

Continuing my thought above about building good will in the state, he should become an advocate for high school football in his home town. It desperately needs an advocate. His "Right Reverend" persona would be great at getting schools to invest in football, getting moms to let their babies play football, and getting boys to come out for the team.

Give coaches clinics to help the quality of coaching in central Arkansas (I know...I know)

Take some of that money he's gonna get from Ole Miss and buy equipment for a youth league. He is probably still well connected in LR. He probably could raise money for youth and high school football fairly easily.

Now that would build good will and get him in the HOF.

GolfnHog

As long as HDN may live he'll never be worthy of  custodial duties of the AR HOF's bathrooms. Now if they could flush him down those toilets then maybe...
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

southeasthog

So now Ole Miss has dirt on Nutt? I guess they have been taking the high road all this time. Good for them.

ricepig

Quote from: NoogaHog on August 03, 2017, 04:15:53 pm
Continuing my thought above about building good will in the state, he should become an advocate for high school football in his home town. It desperately needs an advocate. His "Right Reverend" persona would be great at getting schools to invest in football, getting moms to let their babies play football, and getting boys to come out for the team.

Give coaches clinics to help the quality of coaching in central Arkansas (I know...I know)

Take some of that money he's gonna get from Ole Miss and buy equipment for a youth league. He is probably still well connected in LR. He probably could raise money for youth and high school football fairly easily.

Now that would build good will and get him in the HOF.

Fitz has already beat him to it.

https://twitter.com/ARFBALLRANKINGS/status/893174801686290432

NoogaHog

Inhogswetrust

I know a guy on the Board of the Arkansas Sports HOF and IF nutty makes it that will jeopardize our friendship.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GolfnHog on August 03, 2017, 04:19:49 pm
As long as HDN may live he'll never be worthy of  custodial duties of the AR HOF's bathrooms. Now if they could flush him down those toilets then maybe...

They would have to allow him to be doing a phone interview while flushing. I'm not sure they allow that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

sickboy

Must not take much to make the AR HoF.

grayhawg

Quote from: sickboy on August 03, 2017, 06:28:34 pm
Must not take much to make the AR HoF.
Who else do we have that beat Bama two times?

Sivad

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on August 03, 2017, 03:35:50 pm
Hall of Fame oh heck no.
Hall of Shame, 1st ballot entry.
Wish Plaintiff Houston Dale Nutt the best with his lawsuit and hope he soils Ole Miss even further and extorts a bunch of money from them.
But Nutt's slime quotient has not been reduced one bit. Stay out of, and away from Arkansas Hootie.

Bkhardicars

I'm no longer upset with Nutt. I'd like to see him get another chance somewhere and redeem himself.I like a good redemption story.

Steef

Quote from: Bkhardicars on August 03, 2017, 07:21:44 pm
I'm no longer upset with Nutt. I'd like to see him get another chance somewhere and redeem himself.I like a good redemption story.

I hope he never has another opportunity to negatively influence any young man (or girl) ever again.

jmark

the DORK wouldn't make the Easter seal hof

pos hof, ...he's already in
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 03, 2017, 03:27:02 pm

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 03, 2017, 03:31:41 pm
I never once thought about easing up on my loathing of Nutt during his spat with Ole Mi$$.  Not one time.  But yeah, he's definitely trying to at least maintain any reputation he might have.

For a bunch of people around here that hate Houston so much there sure sure are a large number of the same bunch that want to credit him with some pretty high level scheming.

It's silly. They bad mouthed him past what he rightfully deserved, he had nothing to lose and the opportunity to get paid (and payback). Simple as that.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.