Hogs add ND to schedule

Started by ricepig, July 06, 2017, 11:34:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Awesome.  I hate Notre Dame.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Why the five year break?  We'll probably never get that return game, ha.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

RME

Oklahawg

Cue complainers and whiners: directional schools not good enough, but now, gasp, ND is too good.

I can't wait.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wildhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 06, 2017, 11:40:23 am
Cue complainers and whiners: directional schools not good enough, but now, gasp, ND is too good.

I can't wait.

I think those are different crowds.  Personally, I'd rather start a 10 year series with Kansas.  :)
1909/1964/1965/1977

Mr. Porkleone

Wow. Can't wait to go to South Bend.

RME

I can't wait.

To hell with program exposure! Fire Long!

Wildhog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on July 06, 2017, 11:42:30 am
Wow. Can't wait to go to South Bend.

Yeah, that'll be a fun trip.
1909/1964/1965/1977

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2017, 11:35:51 am
The 2020 game was to balance the 2021 Texas game and 2025 is the first time the schedules matched up again

Wildhog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 06, 2017, 11:44:00 am
The 2020 game was to balance the 2021 Texas game and 2025 is the first time the schedules matched up again

Gotcha, thanks.
1909/1964/1965/1977

jacobp

If I'm still here in South Bend in 2020, this should be a fun time. Love or hate Notre Dame, their home game day atmosphere is pretty awesome

Jborohog09

2021 is because the Hogs are hosting Texas.  2022, 23, and 24 Notre Dame already has 5 road/neutral site games scheduled so I guess they didn't want to have only 6 home games those years.

Deep Shoat

First item on my bucket list. 

See y'all in South Bend.
All Gas, No Brakes!

247Hog

This will be fun playing against Bob Stoops and the Irish  :P ;) :)
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Wildhog

Quote from: 247Hog on July 06, 2017, 11:49:25 am
This will be fun playing against Bob Stoops and the Irish  :P ;) :)

We'll have a second-year head coach against their third-year head coach.
1909/1964/1965/1977

RME

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2017, 11:50:02 am
We'll have a second-year head coach against their third-year head coach.

For 2020 or 2025?  ;)

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

GoHogzzGo

Love it! Hope JL put a big ole buyout clause in there though lol.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Steef

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2017, 11:35:11 am
Awesome.  I hate Notre Dame.

True that.

I can't wait.

Only complaint I have is this...

Cinco de Hogo

I can't wait.

Why do we get the two years they are slated to win the NC, Geez!

ARtillahog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2017, 11:42:19 am
Personally, I'd rather start a 10 year series with Kansas.  :)

You need to be on the scheduling committee.  A power 5 team and almost assuredly a win every year? Sign me up.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 06, 2017, 11:42:49 am
To hell with program exposure! Fire Long!
That's the spirit, Mr. Positive. :puke: :puke: :puke:

Arkansas Fan

Maybe Notre Dame will have a new HC in 2020 and 2025 so we can beat them. Even one victory over Notre Dame would look good on Arkansas' history.

RME

Seebs

Wonder how many National Titles we will have by then?  CBB will be 50 and 55 years-old when this ends basking in the glow of his many Arkansan children and successes on the Hill. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on July 06, 2017, 12:22:18 pm
Maybe Notre Dame will have a new HC in 2020 and 2025 so we can beat them. Even one victory over Notre Dame would look good on Arkansas' history.

We already have a victory over them in Basketball!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

Quote from: Seebs on July 06, 2017, 12:33:13 pm
Wonder how many National Titles we will have by then?  CBB will be 50 and 55 years-old when this ends basking in the glow of his many Arkansan children and successes on the Hill.
I was wondering if ND would be good again by then.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I do think it's interesting to discuss who might be coaching the Hogs and Irish in both 2020 and 2025.

For 2020 we still have 3 seasons of FB to play before then, a lot could happen for both schools.  Right now BK is on more of a hot seat than BB.  I'd say chances are better than 50-50 that ND has a new coach in 2020 and right around 50-50 for Arkansas.

2025 I'd say 100% chance that both schools do not have the same coach they have today.  ND could be on their second coach post BK.  I know some mentioned Stoops.  I'm thinking this will be PK Fleck's next stop.

Now about the 5 year gap.  It's interesting that the Jerry World deal runs out the year before or 2 years before.  I'm not sure on the exact details but I'm sure someone on here knows.

After it runs out Arkansas and A&M both want that conference game back on campus.  So does Arkansas want to keep a regular or semi regular presence in Dallas?  I know this would be a marquee game for DWRRS but the attention it would draw in Dallas would be huge.  Also I'm sure Jerry would love the game there and knows it would be a hard sellout with ND.  I'm guessing he would be willing to pay a nice sum to get the game.

Either way will be great exposure for the program.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

litmachog

ND fans gotta be excited.  Teams always get much better between the time we schedule them and the time we play them.

ricepig

Quote from: litmachog on July 06, 2017, 12:44:08 pm
ND fans gotta be excited.  Teams always get much better between the time we schedule them and the time we play them.

Except for TCU.....

HogCzar1

presidenthog

Vantage 8 dude

PonderinHog

Quote from: litmachog on July 06, 2017, 12:44:08 pm
Didn't USC suck when we scheduled them?

BigSexyHog

Pretty cool.  Think I would like to make this trip
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HF#1

Now lets hope they don't pull a Michigan.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rljjr

Quote from: HF#1 on July 06, 2017, 01:05:10 pm
Now lets hope they don't pull a Michigan.

ND isn't afraid to play us AND Michigan, so kudos to them.

Scott Marshall

"It's remarkable to think our historic programs have never met, but we are excited that this will change in the near future as we add the University of Notre Dame to our football schedules in 2020 and 2025," said Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Jeff Long. "This series will benefit our football program, our University and the Southeastern Conference, but more importantly it is an opportunity for our football student-athletes to compete against one of college football's storied programs while providing a premier match-up for our fans. This series will provide a once-in-a-lifetime road trip and another memorable football Saturday at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

Read all quotes and full story here --->>>> http://bit.ly/2uOVt7m

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

July 06, 2017, 01:19:15 pm #43 Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:25:47 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: rljjr on July 06, 2017, 01:12:10 pm
ND isn't afraid to play us AND Michigan, so kudos to them.

Man wouldn't it be great if we were to beat them and Michigan lose to them!

Wildhog

If anyone was wondering when Notre Dame football would return to national prominence...

...the answer is 2020.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ADavisTheGOAT

Looks like I'll be making a trip to South Bend in 3 years.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Steef

Quote from: Wildhog on July 06, 2017, 01:20:32 pm
If anyone was wondering when Notre Dame football would return to national prominence...

...the answer is 2020.

One of two things will be true by then.

1. Bret will have us on track in his 8th year.

or

2. Bret won't be our coach.

Tsarcasm

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Steef

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgzzfan1152 on July 06, 2017, 01:39:17 pm
Irish fans don't seem to like it.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/notre-dame-football/322771-nd-adds-arkansas-20-25-a.html

This guy doesn't seem too scared of Bielema.

"For 2020 it should work out, unless Big Brett Bielema has some heart issues in the meantime. Petrino at Arkansas would scare the crap out of me though."
1909/1964/1965/1977