Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Nation

Started by Sed76, June 29, 2017, 09:19:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sed76

Watched the news tonight and saw where the Razorback Nation reports have been rebranded The Pig Trail Nation. Anyone know why the name change after several years?

Sivad

A trademark/copyright issue perhaps?
At least it's not the "Pig Trail, Fayetteville Nation" ala the DemGazette.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Sed76

Kinda odd it took 5 plus years for the lawyers to come out.

razorback121

I don't know the issue, but it looks like they removed all of the names and symbols that are trademarked/copyrighted by the university.  They were either in violation of the copyright or they could have been licensing the use from the university and chose not to renew their contract.

MuskogeeHogFan

I guess these guys are next. Game film for your viewing pleasure.

The Triangle Razorbacks from Denmark. Scroll down the page to watch the game.

http://www.americanfootballinternational.com/denmark-copenhagen-towers-v-triangle-razorbacks/
Go Hogs Go!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 30, 2017, 01:16:35 pm
I guess these guys are next. Game film for your viewing pleasure.

The Triangle Razorbacks from Denmark. Scroll down the page to watch the game.

http://www.americanfootballinternational.com/denmark-copenhagen-towers-v-triangle-razorbacks/

That is one nice looking logo they have there in Denmark. Not sure what the copyright laws are over there.

http://razorbacks.dk/

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 30, 2017, 01:22:17 pm
That is one nice looking logo they have there in Denmark. Not sure what the copyright laws are over there.

There's more:

Fursty Razorbacks

http://eurofootball.online/team/fursty-razorbacks/

Or these guys? Zhytomyr RAZORBACKS (Russia) Who knew?
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

So can they ban all these teams from use of the name "Razorbacks"? I think I would be flattered by anyone who adopted the name "Razorbacks" and helped promote the brand, like T.V. stations who want to use the name of "Razorback Nation" which also helps promote the brand.

I remember a few years ago that the University of Miami wanted to not allow Union High School in Tulsa to use a similar helmet sticker to that of Miami(different color scheme), saying that they needed to change that helmet sticker that they had used for 20 or more years now? Not sure how that ever ended up.
Go Hogs Go!

Mike Irwin

Quote from: razorback121 on June 30, 2017, 01:05:05 pm
I don't know the issue, but it looks like they removed all of the names and symbols that are trademarked/copyrighted by the university.  They were either in violation of the copyright or they could have been licensing the use from the university and chose not to renew their contract.
We were never in violation of their copyright. They allowed us to use that name. Recently we both decided to go in different directions. It's business. No big deal.

Hawghiggs

Kinda like the black uniform.

factchecker

Here is different take on the Razorback logo from a German football team:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on June 30, 2017, 07:19:10 pm

Well, the mascot certainly looks tough.
Go Hogs Go!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 30, 2017, 06:38:11 pm
We were never in violation of their copyright. They allowed us to use that name. Recently we both decided to go in different directions. It's business. No big deal.
Kinda like Jim Chaney and Robb Smith   :D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Looks like a mammoth, but I dig it
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 30, 2017, 07:54:05 pm
Looks like a mammoth, but I dig it

It does kinda, doesn't it? Still, they escape the copyright infringement, if it even applies in Europe.
Go Hogs Go!

go hogues

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 30, 2017, 08:16:55 pm
It does kinda, doesn't it? Still, they escape the copyright infringement, if it even applies in Europe.
I taught some schwasted fans at a West Sydney Razorbacks game how to call the hogs a few years ago.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

factchecker

Quote from: go hogues on June 30, 2017, 08:54:38 pm
I taught some schwasted fans at a West Sydney Razorbacks game how to call the hogs a few years ago.

That's pretty cool.

Someone tweeted this cool video of teaching kids the hog call from a bible school in South Africa:

https://twitter.com/tamitaylorfarr/status/874231357458829313

Sadly, they call the Hogs better than some of our fans.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

This logo feels like the FCS/Div II Version of the razorback lol

lechon

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 30, 2017, 06:38:11 pm

Really, too good for the Razorbacks eh?
40/29 here I come............
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

ChicoHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 30, 2017, 06:25:59 pm
So can they ban all these teams from use of the name "Razorbacks"? I think I would be flattered by anyone who adopted the name "Razorbacks" and helped promote the brand, like T.V. stations who want to use the name of "Razorback Nation" which also helps promote the brand.

I remember a few years ago that the University of Miami wanted to not allow Union High School in Tulsa to use a similar helmet sticker to that of Miami(different color scheme), saying that they needed to change that helmet sticker that they had used for 20 or more years now? Not sure how that ever ended up.
I never did understand that "U" thing for Miami.  There's probably 50 schools that are the"U" of something.  They should have some sort of UM together type logo.  Then it's only them, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan, etc., that the school could be mistaken for!  Or they could put that stupid looking bird mascot on their helmets.  That has nothing to do with hurricanes either.   What a mess! 

sowmonella

Quote from: go hogues on June 30, 2017, 08:54:38 pm

The South African kids calling the hogs is awesome. Kudos to everyone involved.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

twistitup

Quote from: ChicoHog on June 30, 2017, 10:23:38 pm
I never did understand that "U" thing for Miami.  There's probably 50 schools that are the"U" of something.  They should have some sort of UM together type logo.  Then it's only them, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan, etc., that the school could be mistaken for!  Or they could put that stupid looking bird mascot on their helmets.  That has nothing to do with hurricanes either.   What a mess!

It worked... from a marketing perspective- The U

Everybody knows who The U is - it's branding perfection.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Mike_e

Are we tired of the NATION thing yet?

I mean really, everybody is a nation.  Let's stand out.

We might take a hint from the mongols and call ourselves a Hoard.

Or maybe a Scourge, Brigade or Legion.

Maybe even a Squad, a smaller unit something like being a smaller State, but Hog Squad sounds pretty good.

Whatever, it's just that Arkansans are an extraordinary group of people and I think that we shouldn't accept an ordinary tag.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Mike_e on July 01, 2017, 07:52:38 am
Are we tired of the NATION thing yet?

I mean really, everybody is a nation.  Let's stand out.

We might take a hint from the mongols and call ourselves a Hoard.

Or maybe a Scourge, Brigade or Legion.

Maybe even a Squad, a smaller unit something like being a smaller State, but Hog Squad sounds pretty good.

Whatever, it's just that Arkansans are an extraordinary group of people and I think that we shouldn't accept an ordinary tag.

The best is Sand Lizard Nation  8)

https://www.facebook.com/Sand-Lizard-Nation-345017938993816/

Dr. Starcs

The Uncommon sports show

texas tush hog

Quote from: Sivad on June 30, 2017, 02:35:28 am
A trademark/copyright issue perhaps?
At least it's not the "Pig Trail, Fayetteville Nation" ala the DemGazette.

Doesn't that torque your butt. Don't know what those jerks are trying to prove.

gchamblee

wow i really like that

Sivad

Quote from: texas tush hog on July 01, 2017, 08:52:09 am
Doesn't that torque your butt. Don't know what those jerks are trying to prove.
If you're talking about the DemGazette's ridiculous adding of "Fayetteville" to every Razorback mention, indeed it does.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: factchecker on June 30, 2017, 08:56:55 pm
That's pretty cool.

Someone tweeted this cool video of teaching kids the hog call from a bible school in South Africa:

https://twitter.com/tamitaylorfarr/status/874231357458829313

Sadly, they call the Hogs better than some of our fans.

Pretty sad when S African kids can do the call without injecting the wolf sound. Good job to the teachers for teaching it properly.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"