Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why we run this board a certain way.....

Started by SPAL, June 22, 2017, 11:23:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

I often get asked why this board is the way it is. I get accused of censorship and playing favorites or removing things simply because I don't agree with it.

Wilson made a great point. He said we run this board the way we do because it's what our regular reader/lurkers have come to expect. Really, that's the only objective we have. That's the agenda.

But sometimes, I get a message that tells me we are doing things right. Sometimes, I'm encouraged. Today, was one of those days. I like to send messages to new people to let them know we are glad they are here...today I got a response from one of our newer posters and I wanted to share it so that people get a feel for why we moderate EI differently than other boards......the following is a message from a new poster.

This means a lot to me because you and a couple others are the major reason for me turning into a really huge baseball fan this year.  You have made me really appreciate and respect the game while also given me a much deeper understanding of baseball.

I mean I have always been a diehard Hog fan growing up in Springdale and then graduating from the UofA, but mainly just followed football and basketball closely.  So as you can imagine, I just could not handle the idiotic and childish behavior in Jump Ball or MMQB so I just chose not to post hardly at all.

So with that said, you also played a large role in me going from a Hogville lurker to someone who started posting quite regularly all because of the culture that I immediately was drawn to when I first came into EI at the beginning of the season and just had to be a part of it.  Sometimes it is just nice to see that there are other good hearted fans out there.

So thank you for everything you do to make EI the best forum around, as it has positively impacted my entire life in more ways than you could imagine!

This is why EI will always be the way it is. Thanks for helping make this board what it is. I'm proud to be a small part of it. It's a baseball thing.

PintailKiller

This poster speaks the truth.  We done SPAL and all the posters in EI.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

bosshog84

Totally agree! I spend way more time in EI than in Jump Ball and MMQB. I always followed hog baseball, but I think this year I was more into it than ever because of mods like you SPAL and also a couple of posters with great insight such as UCA, JHicks, Jry, Razorbacks #1 just to name a few. You guys make the EI forum very enjoyable! Just keep doing what you do!

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hogs49ers

After seeing the greatness here in EI this season, I plan on spending a lot of time here over the next 50 years or so.  I hope it never changes and that the torch is passed over from generation to generation.
SCREW Vandy!

TebowHater

As always, thanks for all y'all do! High quality forum and information.

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

tophawg19

it is a big help because i wasn't able to follow the games closely or watch much . this was my source most of the time. thanks
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

JHicks3636

Great story and post. I wish they would hire me as the Voice of Razorback baseball. I would be the ultimate homer and make no apologies for it. I can get as mad as anyone else about our play sometimes, but the Hogs are and will always be my team. I just want the best for them. I am so excited for the next two or three years with who I expect to show up on campus. I say load up the band wagon now.

NoogaHog

Thanks for what you do and the effort that goes in to it. WPS!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"