Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Identity Theft of Mitch Mustain

Started by Sed76, June 09, 2017, 11:55:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Athog

Quote from: McGloin on July 02, 2017, 04:58:19 pm
OMG can we put all this Mustain crap in the HDN time capsule and just frickin bury it?  Its been a decade people, time to move on.   

Amen!! Who cares!

bphi11ips

Quote from: Athog on July 03, 2017, 08:37:02 am
Amen!! Who cares!

You cared enough five days ago to take a swipe at Mustain in this thread. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

GTOWNHOG

Thanks to Mike Irwin for all of the inside information.  As a life long University of Arkansas fan, I am so disappointed in the actions of Houston Nutt.  Arkansas wasted a LOT of football seasons and a lot of $$$$ on Houston Nutt.  No wonder that he has been unable to land another Coaching job after the Ole Miss debacle.   :( :o ::)
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2017, 08:54:17 am
I think he backhanded it to him.  Turned left and handed it to him with his right hand, behind his back.  Very well executed.

A-ha!!  So he WAS the better "Hander Offer"!  Total vindication!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

PonderinHog

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 04, 2017, 10:43:13 pm
A-ha!!  So he WAS the better "Hander Offer"!  Total vindication!
Hootie jealous...

Peter Porker

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 29, 2017, 09:22:24 am
What might have been...

So poorly handled by the "adults" in the room.   :-[

But if Mustain had stayed, would Mallett ever make it to town?

No, and he said as much. That's why he enrolled at Michigan.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: riccoar on June 29, 2017, 09:08:10 am
Much like the wrap around delay to Felix against USC.  Smooth as hell
That was actually a Nutt play. He ran that early in his tenure here.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 30, 2017, 10:23:10 am
Is the theory that Marcus Monk ran the wrong route intentionally on the interception?

Hard to tell from the replay.

GuvHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 05, 2017, 10:01:27 am
No, and he said as much. That's why he enrolled at Michigan.

Actually what he said was he signed with Michigan because he didn't want to be involved in all of the mess that was going on at Arkansas at the time. Once Houston Nutt and the mess was gone, coupled with Mallett's HC being fired from Michigan, He was Arkansas bound even if Mustain had stayed because he had always wanted to be a Hog.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 30, 2017, 10:23:10 am
Is the theory that Marcus Monk ran the wrong route intentionally on the interception?

Looking at that replay it is difficult to say what happened. It did appear that the ball "sailed" a bit over his head but it also didn't appear that he made much of an attempt to go up after the ball. Of course, maybe he wasn't expecting it to be that high either and was caught off guard and unable to react accordingly.
Go Hogs Go!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: McGloin on July 02, 2017, 04:58:19 pm
OMG can we put all this Mustain crap in the HDN time capsule and just frickin bury it?  Its been a decade people, time to move on.
I don't know how significant it is in the grand scheme of things but if you ever listen the Sports Animal radio show out of Tulsa every so often the idiot Pat Jones will make some off-hand comment about Nutt and his time at Arkansas.  And it will be these completely uninformed half-intelligible statements about Mustain, and "parents" that destroyed Nutt.  Of course Jones only source of information is Nutt himself.  Or maybe Danny Nutt.  but the guy does have a platform and 10 years later he still lies about the Nutt situation at Arkansas.

I wish Mike Irwin had time to call their radio show every day and call Jone's bluff about what he thinks he knows about Nutt.

Peter Porker

Quote from: GuvHog on July 05, 2017, 10:11:56 am
Actually what he said was he signed with Michigan because he didn't want to be involved in all of the mess that was going on at Arkansas at the time. Once Houston Nutt and the mess was gone, coupled with Mallett's HC being fired from Michigan, He was Arkansas bound even if Mustain had stayed because he had always wanted to be a Hog.

No, he said if Arkansas signed Mustain then he wouldn't come to Arkansas because Mustain was Gus' protege. That's when we went all in on Kodi Burns. Plus, Burns fit Gus' offense better.

GuvHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 05, 2017, 11:33:01 am
No, he said if Arkansas signed Mustain then he wouldn't come to Arkansas because Mustain was Gus' protege. That's when we went all in on Kodi Burns. Plus, Burns fit Gus' offense better.

That isn't what he said. Besides, Gus wasn't the QB coach anyway. Once the mess was gone (including Gus) and a new coaching staff hired, Mallett would still have transferred to Arkansas whether Mustain stayed or not. He wanted to be a Hog.

I believe had Mustain stayed, he would have been the starter in 2008 and 2009 with Mallett taking over in 2010 then staying for his Senior year in 2011. Tyler Wilson would have gone to Tulsa.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Peter Porker

Quote from: GuvHog on July 05, 2017, 11:51:13 am
That isn't what he said. Besides, Gus wasn't the QB coach anyway. Once the mess was gone (including Gus) and a new coaching staff hired, Mallett would still have transferred to Arkansas whether Mustain stayed or not. He wanted to be a Hog.

I believe had Mustain stayed, he would have been the starter in 2008 and 2009 with Mallett taking over in 2010 then staying for his Senior year in 2011. Tyler Wilson would have gone to Tulsa.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2008/01/14/mallett-arkansas

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/09/23/mallett-threet-robinson-different-paths-success-run-michigan.html

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-fbc-mallett-and-nutt-102209-2009oct22-story.html

http://www.espn.com.au/college-football/preview09/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4417463

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/11/15/meet-our-ryan-mallett/

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 05, 2017, 10:41:36 am
Looking at that replay it is difficult to say what happened. It did appear that the ball "sailed" a bit over his head but it also didn't appear that he made much of an attempt to go up after the ball. Of course, maybe he wasn't expecting it to be that high either and was caught off guard and unable to react accordingly.

I used to believe there was no way Monk would have intentionally ran the wrong route. However, after watching how he handled his brother's BB recruitment, I now think it's entirely possible.

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 05, 2017, 10:41:36 am

It is difficult to tell.  Mustain had good protection and had his feet set.  He appeared to throw the ball exactly where he was looking.  It's not clear whether Monk ran an out route or a flag route because you cant see him make his cut.  He appears to be open for a first down if Mustain leads him towards the sideline, but it doesn't appear Mustain is looking and setting up to throw there.  He looks like he is expecting Monk to run a flag.  On the other hand, it seems like an out route is better suited to the third and 7 situation presented on the play, and Monk ran just beyond the stakes as a receiver would in that situation. If it was an out route, Mustain not only threw high, he threw behind Monk.  Maybe Monk ran the right route and Mustain thought he was running a flag.  Who knows?

The simplest answer is the one Mustain himself gave.  He just threw the ball high.  If that isn't what really happened, then credit Mustain either way for taking the blame.  Whether he should have been pulled and benched for the rest of the year is a different question.         

PonderinHog

The first time I saw Mustain play was in a high school AA game.  He sailed several that day, so maybe that one just got away from him.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 05, 2017, 01:32:22 pm
It is difficult to tell.  Mustain had good protection and had his feet set.  He appeared to throw the ball exactly where he was looking.  It's not clear whether Monk ran an out route or a flag route because you cant see him make his cut.  He appears to be open for a first down if Mustain leads him towards the sideline, but it doesn't appear Mustain is looking and setting up to throw there.  He looks like he is expecting Monk to run a flag.  On the other hand, it seems like an out route is better suited to the third and 7 situation presented on the play, and Monk ran just beyond the stakes as a receiver would in that situation. If it was an out route, Mustain not only threw high, he threw behind Monk.  Maybe Monk ran the right route and Mustain thought he was running a flag.  Who knows?

The simplest answer is the one Mustain himself gave.  He just threw the ball high.  If that isn't what really happened, then credit Mustain either way for taking the blame.  Whether he should have been pulled and benched for the rest of the year is a different question.         

Hard to say from that angle but it looked like it went right over Monk's hands and again, he didn't appear to try to make much of a play on the ball. Sometimes QB's don't throw perfect balls and in that case, if you can't catch the ball, the WR is expected to go up and become a Defender, knocking the ball down. Again, hard to tell from that angle but it looked like Monk's vertical leap on that play was about 6" and it looked like he was at a dead stop. So, who knows?
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on July 05, 2017, 10:32:03 pm
I know it was caught by the other team.

A Mustain propensity.

Hey, Pro, can you name this QB? 

He led the NFL in passing yards in 1977 and in TDs in 1975.  At one time he held the NFL record for consecutive starts by a QB at 107.  He threw for 29,817 career yards as a professional. He also threw 196 career TDs and 209 career INTs.

Who is it?

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 05, 2017, 11:20:21 pm
Hey, Pro, can you name this QB? 

He led the NFL in passing yards in 1977 and in TDs in 1975.  At one time he held the NFL record for consecutive starts by a QB at 107.  He threw for 29,817 career yards as a professional. He also threw 196 career TDs and 209 career INTs.

Who is it?
Without looking it up I'm gonna guess Joe Ferguson.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

bphi11ips