Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

Ranked #14 (5 star) in latest Scout rankings

Hawg Red

What was the highest Portis got? #13?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Swinesong1 on June 08, 2017, 03:32:07 pm
Ranked #14 (5 star) in latest Scout rankings

That's No. 14 according to Scout, No. 23 according to Rivals, and No. 9 according to HoopSeen -- all 5-star ratings.

ESPN (No. 24) has him one spot outside of being a 5-star ... and inexplicably, 247Sports has him ranked No. 56.

Currently, his composite Nat'l ranking -- effectively an average of the 4 major services compiled by 247Sports -- is No. 34. That will jump once all the services update. I expect Perry to break into the Top 20 in the composite at some point, but my opinion is firm that he should be Top 10.

litmachog

Is he one and done?

I can't wait to see him play along side Gafford. 

HogBeliever625

I haven't watched either play in HS outside of highlights. Who's better coming out Reggie Perry or Bobby Portis?

Hawg Red

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 08, 2017, 09:59:39 pm
I haven't watched either play in HS outside of highlights. Who's better coming out Reggie Perry or Bobby Portis?

I believe Reggie Perry.

Kevin McPherson

I'm giving the edge to Perry because at same stage he is a better defender, plus he's got better handles and court awareness. More versatile.

hogwood

I am getting really excited about this kid! With Perry and Gafford, CMA & Co. could be making a name for themselves with bigs. With Portis and Kingsley on the resume, it could get easier from here to attract other big men - I would hope.

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

I believe Perry is more polished. Portis shot from under his chin (which got corrected in college), but was high energy and had a very high ceiling. Perry is much smoother than Portis on the floor as well.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 09, 2017, 08:37:25 am
#16 on ESPN

I know that's where he finished, but I think he was #13 at one point.

PonderinHog

Looks like Perry will have a better supporting cast.   :razorback:

FineAsSwine

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 09, 2017, 10:57:25 am
Looks like Perry will have a better supporting cast.   :razorback:

Waaaaay better.  ;D

The_Bionic_Pig

Perry plays like KG did in high school while Gafford is a raw athletic 6'10 athlete. 

99% of his offense is reliant on Interior scoring unlike Reggie Perry who is a threat on the perimeter.

The one advantage Daniel does posses is his timing (rebounding/block shots) he may end up being all sec freshman defense and leading the entire SEC in both categories.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on June 10, 2017, 05:12:52 pm
Perry plays like KG did in high school while Gafford is a raw athletic 6'10 athlete. 

99% of his offense is reliant on Interior scoring unlike Reggie Perry who is a threat on the perimeter.

The one advantage Daniel does posses is his timing (rebounding/block shots) he may end up being all sec freshman defense and leading the entire SEC in both categories.

Agreed. Perry has a polished game while Gafford is a more explosive athlete.

Can't wait to see them.