Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OM response......

Started by ricepig, June 06, 2017, 02:45:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

I'll just wait til the movie comes out.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Pig in the Pokey

this has to make @KlubhouseKonnected happy
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

31to6

Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2017, 02:45:51 pm
http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu
So, to sum up.

Freeze did nothing.
We fired people we don't need anymore.
Attack the whistleblowers.
We don't actually pay our players that well.

ricepig

Quote from: 31to6 on June 06, 2017, 04:42:32 pm
So, to sum up.

Freeze did nothing.
We fired people we don't need anymore.
Attack the whistleblowers.
We don't actually pay our players that well.

And it took them 124 pages to say that, lol.......

31to6

Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2017, 04:56:19 pm
And it took them 124 pages to say that, lol.......

Lawyers bill by the minute.

Smalltownhog95

Between OM, Baylor, Aaron Hernandez, and the fall of Johnny Football there's going to be some great 30 for 30's out in a few years.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Birminghog

Quote from: 31to6 on June 06, 2017, 09:16:59 pm

Friend of mine told me that they taught them in law school that, historically, they billed by the word.

hobhog

They are going all in. If NCAA loses this one, they know they have lost all authority. This will not end well for somebody.....

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 06, 2017, 04:29:17 pm
this has to make @KlubhouseKonnected happy

Lol, I was all set to dig into it and remembered I had to prepare for a hearing tomorrow and also sleep before it. I hope you are indicating some good reading is in store for me.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: 31to6 on June 06, 2017, 09:16:59 pm

I think the most common standard is 15 minute increments which should really make people think twice about how often they call or email their lawyers for updates... you know because of rounding up.

MuskogeeHogFan

Here's a spreadsheet that lays out all of the allegations and the response of Ole Miss to those alleged violations. Just click on the spreadsheet to enlarge.

http://imgur.com/a/N3MLt

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/6fpxrd/all_twentyone_allegations_against_ole_miss/
Go Hogs Go!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on June 06, 2017, 09:20:57 pm
Between OM, Baylor, Aaron Hernandez, and the fall of Johnny Football there's going to be some great 30 for 30's out in a few years.
I can almost guarantee there will be a 30 for 30 on petrino. ESPECIALLY if he wins a national championship in the next few years
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 07, 2017, 06:47:31 am
I can almost guarantee there will be a 30 for 30 on petrino. ESPECIALLY if he wins a national championship in the next few years

Produced and edited by interns, though. At that'll be left.

redleg

What I really want to see, is for OM to get an additional bowl ban year (making it two total), a two year ban on division or conference titles, zero off-campus recruiting for one year, cut recruiting visits in half for two years, and loss of 5 scholarships for each of the next three recruiting classes. And if it proven that Hugh Freeze is guilty of serious violations, issue a show cause.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: redleg on June 07, 2017, 09:36:19 am
What I really want to see, is for OM to get an additional bowl ban year (making it two total), a two year ban on division or conference titles, zero off-campus recruiting for one year, cut recruiting visits in half for two years, and loss of 5 scholarships for each of the next three recruiting classes. And if it proven that Hugh Freeze is guilty of serious violations, issue a show cause.

Judging from this, http://imgur.com/a/N3MLt   it seems like all of that could be possible.
Go Hogs Go!

Hey Super

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on June 06, 2017, 09:20:57 pm

I cant wait for the Manziel one.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

KlubhouseKonnected

Apparently a lot of Ole Miss's defense includes then whining about the NCAA declining to allow them to interfere with their investigation interviews.

That's seems like first day stuff to me.

KlubhouseKonnected

I am immediately in LOVE with the argument Ole Miss puts forth on page 30 defending against allegation 9 that "(student-athlete 39) or (student-athlete 40)... ...received free merchandise from (Booster 8)" by pointing out that Boooster 8s "PURCHASE RECORDS" (emphasis added) disprove the claims.

Do you see the problem there?

rljjr

GuvHog

Quote from: redleg on June 07, 2017, 09:36:19 am

That isn't enough in my opinion. They should also give them a Death Penalty for this year, rule all of the LOIs signed for this yea's recruits at Ole Miss null and void, then make them ineligible to play there. No more practices this year, only team meetings, and workouts with the strength coaches.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

redleg

That seems a bit harsh for a first offense. Besides, if the death penalty was invoked, all scholarship players would be allowed to transfer to any school they wanted without having to redshirt.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on June 07, 2017, 03:28:06 pm
That isn't enough in my opinion. They should also give them a Death Penalty for this year, rule all of the LOIs signed for this yea's recruits at Ole Miss null and void, then make them ineligible to play there. No more practices this year, only team meetings, and workouts with the strength coaches.

Glad to see you no longer believe in second, third and fourth chances..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: redleg on June 07, 2017, 03:40:03 pm
That seems a bit harsh for a first offense. Besides, if the death penalty was invoked, all scholarship players would be allowed to transfer to any school they wanted without having to redshirt.

If it were just a scant few violations, I would agree with you but the list is a LONG one full of major violations. Heck, they even tried to lay the blame for most of them on a previous coach.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 07, 2017, 03:40:51 pm
Glad to see you no longer believe in second, third and fourth chances..........................

Only when it's deserved. Remember the Senior D Lineman from a few years back who was arrested for being a drug dealer and was immediately kicked off of the team?? He didn't get a second chance and I supported the coaches decision to cut him loose.

rmcchris

I just finished reading the 30 page official allegations document. A must read for all Ole Miss fans!  This is the document that the Ole Miss Athletic Dept. refused to release under a FOI request.  I see why.  It doesn't exactly say ole Bucky was a saint.  Matter of fact it levels some serious stuff at him (lv one infractions).  I can't see how he will survive. The AP article is great and links to the 30 page official NCAA allegations and then links to the pathetic video and press conference that Ole Miss staged some time back. Lots of money exchanging hands by bag men and you know it was just the tip of the iceberg!

rmcchris

Quote from: GuvHog on June 07, 2017, 04:48:11 pm
If it were just a scant few violations, I would agree with you but the list is a LONG one full of major violations. Heck, they even tried to lay the blame for most of them on a previous coach.
I would suggest to read the official 30 page allegations document that was made public today and then form your opinions.

rmcchris

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 07, 2017, 06:05:54 am
Here's a spreadsheet that lays out all of the allegations and the response of Ole Miss to those alleged violations. Just click on the spreadsheet to enlarge.

http://imgur.com/a/N3MLt

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/6fpxrd/all_twentyone_allegations_against_ole_miss/
Good stuff, they are in a heap of trouble and should be

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on June 07, 2017, 04:48:11 pm

Quote from: rmcchris on June 07, 2017, 05:04:00 pm
I would suggest to read the official 30 page allegations document that was made public today and then form your opinions.

They did try to slant it as though "a lot of these" came under Nutt's tenure, but that isn't true at all, which is the reason for Nutt threatening the potential of a lawsuit. The scorecard: Freeze-17  Nutt-4

Here it is in summary. Click the link, then click the spreadsheet to enlarge.

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 07, 2017, 09:39:40 am
Judging from this, http://imgur.com/a/N3MLt   it seems like all of that could be possible.

Go Hogs Go!

rmcchris

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 07, 2017, 05:08:55 pm
They did try to slant it as though "a lot of these" came under Nutt's tenure, but that isn't true at all, which is the reason for Nutt threatening the potential of a lawsuit. The scorecard: Freeze-17  Nutt-4

Here it is in summary. Click the link, then click the spreadsheet to enlarge.

Thanks and that is a great one page summary

Justifiable Hogicide

Looks like another "I have sinned" press conference in our future from the holier-than-thou slimey Hugh Freeze ala Jimmy Swaggart.

HogFoo

This I don't think is as ballsy as what UNC is doing. They basically admitted that every single person that goes to UNC and cheats so it isn't nothing for the players to do it because everyone does it at the school.  The crazy Thing is that  UNC may get away with it!  It's totally ludacris what they did for the last 20yrs. But, as bad as I hate UNC I have to give them a thumbs up for having the balls to do it the way they are trying to do it. I still hate their azz! I hope they burn. I hope they are given the death penalty! But, the way they are trying to get by the ncaa is genius! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

KlubhouseKonnected

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/102558976/

Article: "Why is Ole Miss Going to Such Great Lenghts to Protect Hugh Freeze?"

And below Farrar's lawyer elaborates on his claims of being made a patsy.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.redcuprebellion.com/platform/amp/2017/6/7/15759782/barney-farrar-ole-miss-ncaa-investigation-noa-response-lawyer-leo-lewis

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2017/06/08/bruse-loyd-denies-ole-miss-claims-against-his-client-barney-farrar/377640001/

Frankly, given the long history between Freeze and Barry, does anyone believe that Barry truly was operating entirely without sanction? That Freeze was bracing him about cheating and Farrar was denying but continuing? Show me someone who does and I will show you either a complete fool or a deliberately obtuse racism, err Ole Miss fan.

KlubhouseKonnected

Beautiful summary:

The Rebels' basic strategy seems to be: throw former AD/bagman Barney Farrar under the bus and admit some allegations, admit the prior acts committed by Houston Nutt's regime, paint the Mississippi State Bulldogs as some sort of conspiratorial Mayberry Machiavellis masterminding the whole thing — oh, and everyone else lied.

The net effect is to double down on the virginal purity of Hugh Freeze, a man as wronged as anyone in this process, and —aw shucks— how is he supposed to be responsible for things he didn't know about it. Moreover, aw shucks, the NCAA didn't let them cross examine a player in the middle of his interview with the COI (which they're not entitled to do.) And, aw shucks, Mississippi State wouldn't let their lawyers interview Dan Mullen (a request as inappropriate as it is bizarre, and which they are not entitled to do.)

Link:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.rollbamaroll.com/platform/amp/2017/6/8/15761526/ole-miss-doubles-down-on-the-purity-of-hugh-freeze-a-man-wronged-by-a-vast-starkville-conspiracy