Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn AD Jay Jacobs makes it clear he wants the Tigers in the SEC East

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, June 01, 2017, 06:40:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Quote from: geauxhawgs on June 04, 2017, 08:54:05 am
Kansas city is Jayhawk country, as Lawrence is part of the KC metro so I think that takes a HUGE hit on their total population in terms of being Mizzou country ...If UK wasn't where it is, Mizzou athletics would be a lot better. Throw in all of the pro sports teams on top of the EXTREME cultural/geographical differences across the state and the reality is Mizzou is like a minor league team.

What about St. Louis, though? The greater St. Louis area has about the same population as the state of Arkansas by itself.

LZH

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 04, 2017, 09:11:06 am
What about St. Louis, though? The greater St. Louis area has about the same population as the state of Arkansas by itself.

St.Louis is probably a pro sports town much in the way that Chicago or Detroit or Cleveland is. I expected there to be Florida State and Gator fans by the zillions down here but it is actually quite the opposite. Most of the college football fans live in the smaller towns.

geauxhawgs

Cardinals are KING, Blues are QUEEN....Mizzou is looked at as a minor league team across that entire state.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: geauxhawgs on June 05, 2017, 12:14:32 am
Cardinals are KING, Blues are QUEEN....Mizzou is looked at as a minor league team across that entire state.
Kinda makes me glad there aren't any pro teams in Arkansas.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

geauxhawgs

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 05, 2017, 12:30:22 am
Kinda makes me glad there aren't any pro teams in Arkansas.

That makes two of us. With our lack of major league teams we should be all in and then some  financially with the Hogs!

SamBuckhart

Quote from: DeltaBoy on June 05, 2017, 09:03:58 am
Time will tell how this will pan out.
Missou belongs in the SEC west. stupid that they were ever put in the east
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!