Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

is there a contract to play this tourney in Hoover?

Started by jst01, May 25, 2017, 03:42:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jst01

Is there any hope to it being moved to another site? Travel wise, every team but AR, A&M and MO are within about 5 hours driving time to there. Its annoying that this place has had the tourney for 20 straight years. Several teams' fans can make the drive over in the morning and be home at night.

Bogghawg

I hate this tourney.  Serves no purpose but to screw up regionals.  When's the last time a team won this thing and that's the only way they would have gotten an invite?
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

jst01

jfred59

I know that in the past Memphis has submitted bids for it to be in Auto Zone Park.  I think the big thing is that the Conference is in Birmingham,  Alabama and Auburn want it in Hoover and you know who controls the conference.  Bama

Dwight_K_Shrute

Hoover is just more convenient for most of the SEC.

OM, MU, A&M, and Ark are all closer to Memphis than Hoover.   

Baton Rouge is basically equal distance Hoover or Memphis
Vandy & KY the same.

After that the schools are closer to Hoover.

I've heard in the past in a lot of issue Auburn would vote with the East so things always seemed to favor or slightly lean East.  Now Missouri should probably be a West lean but they are too high on meth t realize that so power is still going to favor the East. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.