Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC GM 10, #4 Arkansas (39-16, 18-11 SEC vs #8 Auburn (35-23, 16-14 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, May 25, 2017, 01:34:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

#4 ARKANSAS vs #8 AUBURN
at Hoover, Alabama   Thursday approx. 5:45 PM

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL
                                    SEC TOURNAMENT GAME #10 THREAD

#4 ARKANSAS (39-16, 18-11 SEC) vs Auburn (35-23, 16-14 SEC)

THURSDAY's First Pitch is set for around 5:45 pm and WILL BE TELEVISED on the SEC Network . This game will be streamed live online on SEC Network Plus accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. also.

THIS IS AN ELIMINATION GAME

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks 3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, Maddhog,  Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, ucahogfan, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Hollywood_HOGan45

SPAL

Hollywood_HOGan45

I have sports to watch after work today!

Its the little things in life.

WOO PIG!

jmingram911

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: jmingram911 on May 25, 2017, 01:41:35 pm
Thurs*** approx 4:30 not Friday.
Thanks, I have been thinking it's Friday all day, I guess because I don't have work tomorrow. Go HOGS!

THUNDER!

hawg1221

By looking at the start of the South Carolina/Missouri game, our game should start closer to 5:30 instead of 4:30.

bighog2255

The way these games are all going long, I would  guess the start time to be about 6:00

fademe

Sounds like Taccolini is starting for you guys. Don't think he pitched in the series at Auburn, did he?

hawg1221

When Taccolini pitches in a game,  we're 14-1. Unfortunately, we lost the last game he pitched in.

bighog2255

Quote from: fademe on May 25, 2017, 02:12:01 pm
Sounds like Taccolini is starting for you guys. Don't think he pitched in the series at Auburn, did he?

No he was hurt that weekend. I don't think he'll have a very long leash.

Who are you guys throwing?

Hogs49ers

Murphy looked like he had his stuff through 1 inning earlier, any chance we could see him again?
SCREW Vandy!

fademe

Quote from: bighog2255 on May 25, 2017, 02:20:54 pm
No he was hurt that weekend. I don't think he'll have a very long leash.

Who are you guys throwing?

Throwing Davis Daniel. He started game two of that series. I think he gave up 3 runs on 5 hits in about 4 innings. He's been hit or miss all season. Hard to know what to expect from him. He has good stuff but doesn't always control it very well, and it forces him to come over the plate.

SPAL

bighog2255

Quote from: fademe on May 25, 2017, 02:30:32 pm
Throwing Davis Daniel. He started game two of that series. I think he gave up 3 runs on 5 hits in about 4 innings. He's been hit or miss all season. Hard to know what to expect from him. He has good stuff but doesn't always control it very well, and it forces him to come over the plate.

Looks like he had a good start last weekend against Ole Miss. Should be a fun game

fademe

Quote from: bighog2255 on May 25, 2017, 02:35:30 pm
Looks like he had a good start last weekend against Ole Miss. Should be a fun game

Yeah, he did. Should be a good game. We're hitting the ball fairly well, but we can't seem to come up with many big hits. Hopefully we see a back-and-forth affair today.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: fademe on May 25, 2017, 02:39:05 pm
Yeah, he did. Should be a good game. We're hitting the ball fairly well, but we can't seem to come up with many big hits. Hopefully we see a back-and-forth affair today.

Oh Lord, please no back and forth ... let it be a blowout one way or the other ... I only have enough ulcer left to survive the NCAAs ...

hogman64

I am hoping for some tweaks to the batting order for game # 2....

AUSTXHOG

Who is Aubbie throwing this game?  Any guess?  It's not Mize or Thompson is it?

jry04

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on May 25, 2017, 02:46:37 pm
Who is Aubbie throwing this game?  Any guess?  It's not Mize or Thompson is it?
Nope. Davis Daniel, the guy who threw game 2 of the series against us.

SPAL

hogman64

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 25, 2017, 02:53:35 pm
What would you change?

I would drop Koch to lower in the order.  He is a valuable member of the team but for the team's sake as well as  just to change it up and  maybe take some pressure off of him, I would like to see him lower in the order.  probably at 6....  probably moving Fletcher into the 4 spot and slide shaddy up to 5....not that Shaddy hasn't had some problems but sometimes a change can  be good for a hitter....

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Win or lose, come next Friday when Hogs are hosting a regional, no one is going to remember / give a crap who won the SEC tournament except for the winners themselves.

hogman64

Quote from: TNhawgfan on May 25, 2017, 03:46:41 pm
Jake would be replaced in the outfield with Lee

then you could go :

Lee
Cole
Bonfield
Spanberger
Fletcher
Shaddy
Koch
Biggers
Kenley

This should help Bonfield...

Hogs49ers

Quote from: gguillo on May 25, 2017, 03:50:54 pm
Win or lose, come next Friday when Hogs are hosting a regional, no one is going to remember / give a crap who won the SEC tournament except for the winners themselves.

I actually feel like we are playing Auburn for our chance to host a regional.  I hope I am wrong, but I really feel like we need to win this one...Screw Auburn though.
SCREW Vandy!

Bogghawg

Our game might start significantly sooner than everyone thought.  The Cocks are on the verge of run ruling Mizzou.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Murr

Bats went cold down the stretch. Felt like watching the football games where once the opponent turns the lights on around midway through the game, Arkansas fails to hang on to the lead.

Razorbacks#1

Our game should start in about 30 minutes. Approximately 5:45 p.m.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Pudgepork

Razrpig256

So are we to assume that Auburn will be without Mize, Thompson, Lipscomb, and Coker after throwing the last two days? If so, it would be big if we can get to Daniel early and get his pitch count up.

panhandlepig

Bogghawg

Are all of our pitchers that pitched for a few seconds in the 9th this morning burned for the day?  i wouldn't think so, but I am not a baseball guy from way back that knows all this stuff.  (I.m the one that called runs "points" the other day).
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

HogFansReunited

I'm hoping for a much better performance. I still think we need a win if we want to host.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Razrpig256

Quote from: Bogghawg on May 25, 2017, 05:41:29 pm
Are all of our pitchers that pitches for a few seconds in the 9th this morning burned for the day?  i wouldn't think so, but I am not a baseball guy from way back that knows all this stuff.  (I.m the one that called runs "points" the other day).

No, they should mostly be available.

JHicks3636

Arkansas opens up with

1. Cole           .259
2. Spanberger  .289
3. Bonfield       .302

JHicks3636

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Razrpig256 on May 25, 2017, 05:44:02 pm
No, they should mostly be available.

Right, the only guys that would be unavailable after part of an inning would be the 102 mph closer type. And as some of us may have noticed, we are not hampered by having a 102 mph closer.

JHicks3636

jst01

Playing for a host spot is the consensus thought...and span just teed off

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Bacons Rebellion

Man, Spanberger does that one swing earlier and we win that breakfast game.

SPAL

Quote from: jst01 on May 25, 2017, 05:47:52 pm
Playing for a host spot is the consensus thought...and span just teed off

It may be the consensus among hogville, but it's not really.