Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 SEC BASEBALL TOURNAMENT - NON RAZORBACK GAMES

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 22, 2017, 05:20:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Suidae Suis Scrofa

May 26, 2017, 02:34:26 pm #200 Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 04:15:18 pm by Suidae Suis Scrofa
Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 26, 2017, 01:32:45 pm
I will say though, Florida has a bunch of pansies. I've been earholed by a fastball and had a ball hit me in the face on a bad hop before too, no way you're taking me out of the game!
What is this, third grade?  Questioning someones "manhood" who just got hit in the head by a 90+ MPH fastball says a lot more about you than it does the Florida player.

I seriously doubt that the players or coach had any say in the matter anyhow.  I'm sure any contact by a ball in the head that takes a player down is an immediate candidate for the concussion protocol. I know if either of those Florida players were my son I'd be sure they were checked for a concussion before they went out on the field.

The one who took one off of the face on the bounce minimally needs some work to stop the blood and swelling before he could get back on the field.

-phil

rljjr

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 26, 2017, 02:31:10 pm
I think the bigger advantage will be having a weekend starter available while State has the equipment manager and a few reserve infielders left.

Yes, there IS that!!!

jry04

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 26, 2017, 01:32:45 pm
I will say though, Florida has a bunch of pansies. I've been earholed by a fastball and had a ball hit me in the face on a bad hop before too, no way you're taking me out of the game!
I mean, the CF who got in the face was covered in blood. His hands, jersey, and the grass where he was laying was covered in blood. If I had to guess he is probably back, but I am not sure you can stay in a game while you are gushing blood from your face. Well, anyone else but you I mean.

jbell96

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 26, 2017, 01:04:59 pm
That's a dumb rule. You want to be the home team? Be he higher seed and do better in the regular season!

Actually I think it's a pretty insignificant rule and is not worth complaining about, but that's just me.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: jry04 on May 26, 2017, 02:20:50 pm
Why would rooting for UF set up MSU to go farther than us?
I wasn't clear. When MSU was up 3-0 in the 8th, i meant the tournament was setting up for them to go father. Of course an 11 run 8th changed that
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

SPAL

I won't say this again. We've been pretty clear about the etiquette for discussion. The next personal attack that I see on this forum will be shown the door. I'm sick of the personal attacks, baiting, and attacking each other. AND OVER A GAME NOT INCLUDING THE HOGS.

Final warning. If you wanna stay for the postseason run....stop attacking each other. I'm sick of it.

HogFansReunited

SPAL sucks, someone needs to remove him as a moderator here.

(JK man, don't ban me)
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Bogghawg

UK had a no hitter through 6 and a third innings.  Announcers treating it just like they did last night and right after they talked about it USC got a single.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Bogghawg on May 26, 2017, 05:21:20 pm
UK had a no hitter through 6 and a third innings.  Announcers treating it just like they did last night and right after they talked about it USC got a single.

That's how it usually goes.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Dirty

I have not been on here that much lately!  Sir Pigs a mod!  Damn!

SPAL

Quote from: Dirty on May 26, 2017, 05:28:25 pm
I have not been on here that much lately!  Sir Pigs a mod!  Damn!

I've only been a mod here for 7 years. That's probably why you just noticed.

JHicks3636

Coaches love it when they use a pinch runner and he promptly gets picked off 1st. Second time in the game that a Wildcat was picked off 1st.

southarkhog06

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 26, 2017, 05:39:56 pm
Coaches love it when they use a pinch runner and he promptly gets picked off 1st. Second time in the game that a Wildcat was picked off 1st.
That's a good way to end up as the permanent bullpen catcher.

reptilehog

Whoops. USC with a 3 run homer to take the lead over UK

SPAL

Quote from: reptilehog on May 26, 2017, 05:59:52 pm
Whoops. USC with a 3 run homer to take the lead over UK

South Carolina is now a national seed

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

woodrow hog call

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

reptilehog

SPAL

Quote from: woodrow hog call on May 26, 2017, 06:24:42 pm

Am I sensing some sarcasam around here maybe?

Seriously? Dude, by beating Mizzou and Kentucky, they have likely cemented a national seed. #1 overall is a push, but Perry Costello told me he spoke with Tanner English, (it was a quick phone call ) and Tanner said word us, they are now a national seed. Blue blood treatment.

Hogwild

talk about a disadvantage, in the tournament South Carolina has thrown 38 innings vs LSU who has thrown 16 innings

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1st batter in the 1st inning, in the LSU lineup, Kramer Robertson, hit's a HR over the left field fence for a LSU 1-0 lead.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 27, 2017, 12:13:37 pm
SC's pitcher looks scared to death and is TERRIBLE so far

Pretty sure they are completely out of pitchers. This is their 5th game in the tournament.

Member #3568

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Racinray

SC is playing like they just want to go home.

HamHands

One day at a time.

Bogghawg

Now 11-0....
won't we be in the same shape pitcher wise as USC if we were to have to face LSU tomorrow? This tourney is too long.  We've already done everything of any possible benefit to us.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

TNhawgfan

This shows why it should be single elimination. LSU and Florida should be playing championship today with each team throwing their Saturday starter
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

BroyledNutts

It's not so much that USCe is out of pitching, which they are except for an arm or two that SC seemed to be holding back - one of which is now pitching - and it's not really that SC's players seem a step slow on every ball...It's that the broadcast team is slathering themselves in LSU's undeniable glory, their overwhelming speed (Tanner, you watching this?), they're incomprehensible power, they're ....blah, blah,blah, blech .... :puke:

One of those jack wagon's actually said the following, "I know purple and gold is the color of royalty, but today feels like the coronation of LSU Baseball." That made me shut the game off. It's not like LSU is doing all this damage against SC's premier pitchers. They're doing it against Brent Rooker.

This is why I hope we take a dignified loss to Florida today. I have no interest in hearing these broadcast crews prostrate themselves in front of Kramer, Deichmann, et al. at the Hogs' expense for a chance at a meaningless trophy to put in some obscure case somewhere. Let Florida's deep pitching staff go on to Sunday and shut all that down. Let us go home, rest, and prepare to go to Omaha.

BigBrandonAllenFan

It appears the forces of the Carolina Capitalist Chickenheads have been obliterated by the forces of Louisiana Purple Swamp Aristocracy.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 27, 2017, 01:32:59 pm
One of those jack wagon's actually said the following, "I know purple and gold is the color of royalty, but today feels like the coronation of LSU Baseball." That made me shut the game off...

It's kinda like watching "CNN Baseball News".

ricepig

It's not so much that USCe is out of pitching, which they are except for an arm or two that SC seemed to be holding back - one of which is now pitching - and it's not really that SC's players seem a step slow on every ball...It's that the broadcast team is slathering themselves in LSU's undeniable glory, their overwhelming speed (Tanner, you watching this?), they're incomprehensible power, they're ....blah, blah,blah, blech .... :puke:

One of those jack wagon's actually said the following, "I know purple and gold is the color of royalty, but today feels like the coronation of LSU Baseball." That made me shut the game off. It's not like LSU is doing all this damage against SC's premier pitchers. They're doing it against Brent Rooker.

This is why I hope we take a dignified loss to Florida today. I have no interest in hearing these broadcast crews prostrate themselves in front of Kramer, Deichmann, et al. at the Hogs' expense for a chance at a meaningless trophy to put in some obscure case somewhere. Let Florida's deep pitching staff go on to Sunday and shut all that down. Let us go home, rest, and prepare to go to Omaha.

Good thing that aren't playing UNO today.....

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2017, 01:56:34 pm
Good thing that aren't playing UNO today.....

That's what I was hoping USCe could pull off...

snoblind

On the other hand, it would be sweet to watch a pitcher we had all forgotten about/given up on shut LSU down on Sunday while Spanberger and crew hand the LSU pitchers their head with another record day of hitting.  DVH could ask how the coronation is working out for them when the announcers go to him for the in game interview.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: snoblind on May 27, 2017, 02:02:58 pm
On the other hand, it would be sweet to watch a pitcher we had all forgotten about/given up on shut LSU down on Sunday while Spanberger and crew hand the LSU pitchers their head with another record day of hitting.  DVH could ask how the coronation is working out for them when the announcers go to him for the in game interview.

I'm Scotch-Irish ...

I gravitate to tragic realism over positive optimism every time....

snoblind

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 27, 2017, 02:06:40 pm
I'm Scotch-Irish ...

yeah, me too.  But there is a chance...

ricepig

I'm Scotch-Irish ...

I don't care where my whiskey is from, but lots of it lends itself to optimism!

snoblind

I'm Scotch-Irish ...

Damn.  Should have posted "book it and it starts against Florida"

BroyledNutts

Quote from: snoblind on May 27, 2017, 03:39:49 pm
Damn.  Should have posted "book it and it starts against Florida"

No kidding...