Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RWIII

Started by DallasHogFan, April 29, 2017, 12:35:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DallasHogFan

Taken to the hospital after taking a hit and going down in practice.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

thebignasty

The danged worst thing. Poor kid.

Cavtastic Voyage

I heard neck, he's prolly done

HOGS82

It's his neck again. It was braced. Staff told him to not move his extremities, but I saw him moving them prior to that.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

hog.goblin

Not good at all.  Might call it a career if it's his neck again.  He needs to think about his long-term health.

RazorRed26

He was moving his legs and arms/hands.

ricepig

Ex-Trumpet

The hit didn't look bad on SEC Network...twisted a bit, but not one you would have thought would have been a bad hit.  But, given his history, glad they are taking every precaution!

Prayers to RWIII!!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 29, 2017, 12:45:33 pm
The hit didn't look bad on SEC Network...twisted a bit, but not one you would have thought would have been a bad hit.  But, given his history, glad they are taking every precaution!

Prayers to RWIII!!!

No it didn't look bad. But the way Williams acted after was more concerning for me

whoopigLakeCity

The way he clinched his arms up when he hit the ground looked scary similar to when he broke his neck. Prayers for him. Wish him nothing but the best.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 29, 2017, 12:48:08 pm
No it didn't look bad. But the way Williams acted after was more concerning for me

Yep
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HOGS82

They just diagnosed it as a stinger, just taking every precaution.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

hog.goblin

Diagnosed as a stinger.  Good news

NEA_HogFan

They just said it was a stinger. Taken to hospital for precaution. Thank god

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 29, 2017, 12:50:28 pm
Yep
you know after what the young man has been through this has got to scare him...he'll be alright, but I wouldn't blame him if he said "no more, I've got an education to get"...the kid makes good grades so whatever he chooses to do he should have Razorback Nation's blessings
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

supersaint

Hope it was just a stinger.  Stingers suck, but there are scarier outcomes
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

oldbear

Stinger was just announced on the radio. Just being careful as they should.

longtimeHogfan

Another answered prayer.  Praise The Lord!
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HoggusMaximus

I have full confidence in the staff to take care of rw3 and I know his family breathes a little easier knowing how much care goes into these kids.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: longpig on April 29, 2017, 01:25:33 pm
Could be wrong, but it was probably just a stinger before prayers were sent.

You don't think his parents have been praying for him to avoid future prior to now?

ricepig

Quote from: thebignasty on April 29, 2017, 01:36:51 pm
Dunno if this is an appropriate place for a theology conversation but y'all do your thing.

I know I'll pray for them.

Hogs-n-Roses

Jest glad to hear folks prayin

gmarv

hawgmasta

My heart sunk, hope everything is ok for RWIiI.

ricepig

hogcard1964

Quote from: hog.goblin on April 29, 2017, 12:52:52 pm
Diagnosed as a stinger.  Good news

Thank God.

+1000

Prayers

Sivad

All Razorback's hearts sank a bit when Rawleigh went down. He is such a great person as well as a player. A real favorite. Hope he has a monster season.

Tejano Jawg

I read about this on my phone before I got home to see the end of red-white. Talk about getting the wind knocked out of you. So thankful things sound okay.

I was reminded of when we lost Jonathan Williams in a practice (JW and Rawleigh are among my favorite Hogs)...and would be crushed if we lost Rawleigh. As much as anything, beyond productivity on the field, just for his leadership and presence on the team. I still think the emotional hit the team took when JW went down was what caused our slow start in 2015. That's what I didn't want to see repeated.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

nchogg

Coach will give us a full update soon. I hope for the best, he deserves better. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Cambridge Hog

Sounding like good news? Don't want to get too excited but am really pulling for this young man.

Poker_hog

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on April 29, 2017, 05:33:43 pm
Sounding like good news? Don't want to get too excited but am really pulling for this young man.

No doubt he's fine.  The question is weather he should play anymore.  That wasn't a vicious hit today and he clearly lost neurologic function for a moment. It may not be worth it for him to keep playing and risking something permanent.  The kid seems smart and can have a bright future without playing football.   
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Poker_hog on April 29, 2017, 06:18:00 pm
No doubt he's fine.  The question is weather he should play anymore.  That wasn't a vicious hit today and he clearly lost neurologic function for a moment. It may not be worth it for him to keep playing and risking something permanent.  The kid seems smart and can have a bright future without playing football.
a STINGER? Stingers happen , man. Nobody gives up football over a stinger. I can tell you didn't play, btw. No hate tho.

I figure this as a positive. He got his first stinger post surgery and freaked a bit. Now it's out of his system and he can let that go and not be tentative at all out there. You can't play scared in football.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Poker_hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 29, 2017, 06:31:02 pm
a STINGER? Stingers happen , man. Nobody gives up football over a stinger. I can tell you didn't play, btw. No hate tho.

I figure this as a positive. He got his first stinger post surgery and freaked a bit. Now it's out of his system and he can let that go and not be tentative at all out there. You can't play scared in football.

WTH?  I played through HS.

I don't think you understand what a stinger is.  A stinger should effect one arm.  That looked he lost function of both arms and legs. 

blu

Stingers suck and they freak you out, but they are very quickly over and it sounds like he knew right away that that was all it was. Thank God, he'll be fine.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Poker_hog on April 29, 2017, 06:41:02 pm

I don't think you understand what a stinger is.  A stinger should effect one arm.  That looked he lost function of both arms and legs.
cool, my bad.

He was just freaking out because he had the previous injury. THEY say it was a stinger. I didnt see it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Poker_hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 29, 2017, 07:00:57 pm
cool, my bad.

He was just freaking out because he had the previous injury. THEY say it was a stinger. I didnt see it.

I hope that's all it is.  I suppose he could have just laid there still after the injury, but it looked to me like he was weak from the neck down for a moment but was moving his neck vigorously.  Like I said I hope I'm wrong.

hogfan58

Quote from: nchogg on April 29, 2017, 05:03:16 pm
Coach will give us a full update soon. I hope for the best, he deserves better. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

I haven't seen an update from BB....which makes me wonder if it's something more serious than a stinger.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

LZH

Quote from: hogfan58 on April 29, 2017, 08:46:55 pm
I haven't seen an update from BB....which makes me wonder if it's something more serious than a stinger.

I'd imagine they're gonna go over him with a fine-tooth comb before anything is officially released.  Maybe Monday we'll know something.

Pig in the Pokey

Man. All bs aside, I hope that kid's neck is sound. If it was more than a stinger, I wouldnt really feel great about him being out there at all, and in that case would agree with Poker_Hog 's original statement.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

pigture perfect

Glad he will be ok. I know lots of folks were praying.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

bennyl08

Quote from: Poker_hog on April 29, 2017, 06:41:02 pm

Where are you seeing that it looked like he lost function in both arms and legs? In the clip above, his left arm looks like it goes a little weird at for a bit, but he shows complete control of his legs and his right arm doesn't look weird either. The left arm visibly spasmed, but never saw anything in there suggesting loss of function anywhere else. He wanted to and would have been able to walk off just fine on his own and was frustrated/embarrassed that the training staff told him to be still and such.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Poker_hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 30, 2017, 12:54:32 am
Where are you seeing that it looked like he lost function in both arms and legs? In the clip above, his left arm looks like it goes a little weird at for a bit, but he shows complete control of his legs and his right arm doesn't look weird either. The left arm visibly spasmed, but never saw anything in there suggesting loss of function anywhere else. He wanted to and would have been able to walk off just fine on his own and was frustrated/embarrassed that the training staff told him to be still and such.

Again I don't know how he was trying to move.  He didn't move like I'd expect someone with a "stinger" to move.  Both arms looked weak and floppy to me.  However, he was moving his neck with normal strength.  You'd only expect one arm to look that way with a peripheral nerve injury.  Same with the legs but to a lesser extent. 

Also agim said in an interview that rw was saying he couldn't move immediately after the hit. 

k.c.hawg

After having a broken neck and what the neurosurgeon called a near miss with paralysis, if he has anything dealing with a nerve issue from the neck especially if it has anything to do with the previous injury, I would hope he strongly reconsiders his future in football. No doubting his courage and toughness and mental toughness after getting back out there after the injury. I'm 57 and lost most use of my left arm last year just from wear and tear of the cervical spine.  It took the removal of several discs and 5 vertebrae being fused to make the pain tolerable and live a reasonably active life. Would hate to see that young man have a lifetime of health issues with his neck.

Praying for RWIII.

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

ricepig

phadedhawg

Oh that poor kid and his poor poor family.  I support RW3 for life no matter what he decides his future is.  He's all hog and all heart and I have faith between family, doctors, and our coaching staff he will get the right advice.

PorkRinds

Love me some RWIII. That said I don't have a great feeling about what's happened. I want to see him make the decision that's best for he and his family b

gchamblee

WilsonHog

RWIII has long since proven his toughness and his commitment to our program. Perfectly understandable if he and his family decide that he needs to give up football. I would wish him nothing but the best.