Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trump Mentiones Trey Flowers.

Started by Michael_E_Davis, April 19, 2017, 01:17:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

I was just watching it live.  It made me so proud to hear him mentioned by our president!
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

GoHogzzGo

Whoa talk about your career taking off. Rock star in super bowl victory, get named by President in White House visit. So proud and happy for him. Deserved, earned.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

gmarv

good for Trey.Glad he got singled out by our president.

yraciv

I would have gone maybe if it was my first championship just for the experience, but I can see why players would take a been there, done that, attitude.

TebowHater

MuskogeeHogFan

Very happy for Trey. A memory that he will never forget.
Go Hogs Go!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

HamSammich

awesome. gave me goosebumps. he will remember this day the rest of his life.

longpig

Weren't there former Razorbacks on the Patriots 2015 Superbowl team, too?
Don't be scared, be smart.

B501

a commendation from the president - awesome!  :razorback:

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Hogs958

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

J-Five

Quote from: longpig on April 19, 2017, 07:04:16 pm
Weren't there former Razorbacks on the Patriots 2015 Superbowl team, too?

Great post...
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

PORKULATOR

Great for Trey.
The Patsies can still get bent though.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

nchogg

Very happy for Trey. Personally I would be honored to meet the President at the WH no matter who the President is.  :razorback:

gmarv

pigture perfect

If you can't like Trey Flowers, you pretty much are a sour puss who probably doesn't like anybody. He is all class. So proud to call him ours.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

HardingHog

Awesome moment for Trey! I hope this/the Super Bowl really jumpstarts him into being a household name. It'd be pretty cool to see the Hogs have the best young TE and best DE on the Pats in the NFL over the next several seasons

Sweet Feet

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: nchogg on April 20, 2017, 08:58:50 am
Very happy for Trey. Personally I would be honored to meet the President at the WH no matter who the President is.  :razorback:

No doubt. That's exactly how to look at this.

This is really fantastic. Trey got quite a healthy bit of podium time here. It's great that he made a play that still resonates as a key event in the win. Every Hog should be proud of Trey...a great representative for us. And, for me, he'll always be in my memory for making one of my favorite sacks I've even seen—in the rain vs Ole Miss, when he took Wallace down like Superman on a rodeo calf.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: HardingHog on April 20, 2017, 12:44:07 pm
Awesome moment for Trey! I hope this/the Super Bowl really jumpstarts him into being a household name. It'd be pretty cool to see the Hogs have the best young TE and best DE on the Pats in the NFL over the next several seasons
Does Hunter Henry play for the Pats?
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

bennyl08

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 20, 2017, 03:30:47 pm
Does Hunter Henry play for the Pats?

No he plays for the Chargers.

Probably took as much time for you to ask that as it would have been to google it plus it seems like it would be pretty common knowledge among hog fans given he was the first TE taken and first hog taken in the draft just one year ago. Not meant to be an attacking post which is why i made the answer the primary part of the post. Just find it strange that the information isn't already known and the method used to try and find the information.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on April 20, 2017, 01:52:07 pm
No doubt. That's exactly how to look at this.

This is really fantastic. Trey got quite a healthy bit of podium time here. It's great that he made a play that still resonates as a key event in the win. Every Hog should be proud of Trey...a great representative for us. And, for me, he'll always be in my memory for making one of my favorite sacks I've even seen—in the rain vs Ole Miss, when he took Wallace down like Superman on a rodeo calf.

"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: Sweet Feet on April 20, 2017, 01:49:09 pm
Lmao at the 2015/2017 pic

Just so you know,  the NY times got in trouble for posting this picture and being dishonest about it.  For Obama the players were spread out,  they weren't for Trump,  so it looks like Obama had a lot more.  In actuality,  Obama only had two more players show up than Trump. 

Carry on.

bennyl08

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on April 20, 2017, 05:45:13 pm
Just so you know,  the NY times got in trouble for posting this picture and being dishonest about it.  For Obama the players were spread out,  they weren't for Trump,  so it looks like Obama had a lot more.  In actuality,  Obama only had two more players show up than Trump. 

Carry on.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/super-bowl-champs-flag-new-york-times-false-trump-obama-comparison

The players weren't spread out any more than before. As you show, in the 2 pictures, there are 2 more players in 2015 than in 2017. The difference is that the support staff are also seen in the 2015 picture while the support staff were on the lawn behind the camera in 2017.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 20, 2017, 05:52:29 pm
http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/super-bowl-champs-flag-new-york-times-false-trump-obama-comparison

The players weren't spread out any more than before. As you show, in the 2 pictures, there are 2 more players in 2015 than in 2017. The difference is that the support staff are also seen in the 2015 picture while the support staff were on the lawn behind the camera in 2017.

in 2015, they were spread out up the stairs on either side is what I am saying, so it looks like a bunch more. As you stated, there was just two more for Obama. It looks like a bunch more though.

TexArkHogFan

April 20, 2017, 06:22:46 pm #29 Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:34:46 pm by TexArkHogFan
Quote from: bennyl08 on April 20, 2017, 05:16:32 pm
No he plays for the Chargers.

Probably took as much time for you to ask that as it would have been to google it plus it seems like it would be pretty common knowledge among hog fans given he was the first TE taken and first hog taken in the draft just one year ago. Not meant to be an attacking post which is why i made the answer the primary part of the post. Just find it strange that the information isn't already known and the method used to try and find the information.

Well, if you had paid attention the question was asked because the quoted post said it would be cool for the Hogs to have the best young TE and DE playing for the Pats.  I don't know of any young Hog TE better than Hunter Henry playing in the NFL.  I know who Henry plays for and I also know there is not a better young TE in the NFL that played for the Hogs.  I was just wondering why he made that statement about the Hogs having the best young TE playing for the Patriots.  I did check the Pats roster and the only player listed from Arkansas was Trey Flowers.  And, just in case you missed the post or don't care to go back and read it, here it is: 

"It'd be pretty cool to see the Hogs have the best young TE and best DE on the Pats in the NFL over the next several seasons"

I assume he was referring to A. J. Derby who may be good but he can't touch Hunter Henry.  Anyway, Derby was traded to Denver last October.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Hawgar The Horrible

Bigger pictures and the head count within them? Just damn. Only on Hogville.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Justagp

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 20, 2017, 10:24:55 am
If you can't like Trey Flowers, you pretty much are a sour puss who probably doesn't like anybody. He is all class. So proud to call him ours.
So true, Trey was always one of my favorites!

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: Justagp on April 20, 2017, 08:30:06 pm
So true, Trey was always one of my favorites!

I really like Trey Flowers and proud he was a hog but.........I hate the Patriots.......and the Yankees........and the Kentucky Wildcats (basketball).

goodguytex

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 20, 2017, 08:49:50 pm
I really like Trey Flowers and proud he was a hog but.........I hate the Patriots.......and the Yankees........and the Kentucky Wildcats (basketball).
Same for me.  But still,  great , proud moment for Trey Flowers,  a great player with an even better and bigger heart.  And will always be all Hog! 

TexArkHogFan

This got me to thinking about whatever happened to Jake Bequette, another one of my favorite Hogs who was drafted by NE in the third round.  I found this on Wikipedia.

Bequette was selected in the 3rd round by the New England Patriots in the 2012 NFL Draft. He was released by the Patriots on August 30, 2014 as part of final roster cuts.[3] He did not see extensive playing time during his time with the Patriots, but re-signed with the team's practice squad shortly after the 2014 cuts. Bequette earned a Super Bowl ring for the Patriots in 2014, though he spent the entire season on the practice squad.

Before the 2015 season, the Patriots switched Bequette from defensive end to tight end.[4][5] Bequette was waived by the Patriots and subsequently placed on injured reserve after clearing waivers on August 28, 2015.[

goodguytex

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 20, 2017, 09:01:57 pm
This got me to thinking about whatever happened to Jake Bequette, another one of my favorite Hogs who was drafted by NE in the third round.  I found this on Wikipedia.

Bequette was selected in the 3rd round by the New England Patriots in the 2012 NFL Draft. He was released by the Patriots on August 30, 2014 as part of final roster cuts.[3] He did not see extensive playing time during his time with the Patriots, but re-signed with the team's practice squad shortly after the 2014 cuts. Bequette earned a Super Bowl ring for the Patriots in 2014, though he spent the entire season on the practice squad.

Before the 2015 season, the Patriots switched Bequette from defensive end to tight end.[4][5] Bequette was waived by the Patriots and subsequently placed on injured reserve after clearing waivers on August 28, 2015.[
Jake needs to be hired as a Razorback defensive assistant coach at some point.  I think he'd be fantastic. 

The Hawg Marshal

Love it when good things happen to Razorbacks!

Iwastherein1969

I'm surprised that Trey hasn't caught grief for going to the White House. No matter who the President might be, every single time I get an invite to meet the President and visit one of our country's most hallowed landmarks, I'm there.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 20, 2017, 11:52:06 pm
I'm surprised that Trey hasn't caught grief for going to the White House. No matter who the President might be, every single time I get an invite to meet the President and visit one of our country's most hallowed landmarks, I'm there.
I haven't had a chance to go to the WH yet. The Prez always comes to see me. PITA hosting that crowd

nchogg

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 21, 2017, 01:07:40 am
I haven't had a chance to go to the WH yet. The Prez always comes to see me. PITA hosting that crowd
Love it!

Birminghog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 21, 2017, 01:07:40 am

Had to look that one up. Seriously didn't know what PITA was except for flatbread. You guys are such an education.

hawgmasta

Good for trey no matter what your political opinion is!

Pigsknuckles

Good grief...wait for the protests.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

HamSammich

hats off to muskee.... a mod that actually gets it.