Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No more two-a-days

Started by ricepig, April 14, 2017, 10:55:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 21, 2017, 08:40:35 pm
Practice times are limited. The 1's don't work hard enough to develop mental toughness, yet the 2's and 3's should get more reps?

Don't ask me what my opinion of your BS is.

You can't fix stupid.....

gchamblee

Quote from: majestic on April 18, 2017, 01:13:50 pm
You are going to have a pretty lonely existence on this board if you put everyone on ignore who thinks you are a troll.

you beat me to it

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 12247 on April 21, 2017, 08:24:28 pm
Rice, you and Factchecker must be missing me.  I been busy and away from Hogville.  But I'll voice.  Today's players stay in far better shape year round then we did.  They are faster, larger and likely know more about the game than most of us ever will.

They mostly don't play both ways, don't have 8 to 10 hour daily jobs like I had that I had to work around just to get to play the game and I didn't have access to proper diet.  We had fewer player on a team and you better have stamina or don't show up.  Most of the training techniques of yesteryear have been proven wrong.  No water, no resting during practice, etc..  During football season, I might get an average of 4 hours sleep out of each 24 hours.

I contend that we don't get enough out of practice as we should, that we don't have mental toughness, that we are usually not prepared for the game, that lack of practice for the 2's and 3's is one main cause of our failures late in games and I damn well blame the HC for most of that.  That's my opinion.
Why is it that everyone seems to think tagging an asinine post with "That's my opinion" means it shouldn't be called out for it's asininity?

My opinion is that your opinion is dumb. 

There, now I'm above criticism.
All Gas, No Brakes!

gchamblee

Quote from: 12247 on April 21, 2017, 08:24:28 pm
Rice, you and Factchecker must be missing me.  I been busy and away from Hogville.  But I'll voice.  Today's players stay in far better shape year round then we did.  They are faster, larger and likely know more about the game than most of us ever will.

They mostly don't play both ways, don't have 8 to 10 hour daily jobs like I had that I had to work around just to get to play the game and I didn't have access to proper diet.  We had fewer player on a team and you better have stamina or don't show up.  Most of the training techniques of yesteryear have been proven wrong.  No water, no resting during practice, etc..  During football season, I might get an average of 4 hours sleep out of each 24 hours.

I contend that we don't get enough out of practice as we should, that we don't have mental toughness, that we are usually not prepared for the game, that lack of practice for the 2's and 3's is one main cause of our failures late in games and I damn well blame the HC for most of that.  That's my opinion.

Deep Shoat.  For years on here, many folks post something as absolute fact when its nothing more than their opinion.  Pure horse manure.  That is why I say that's my opinion.  I have absolutely no problem with you calling my post both asinine and dumb, therefore, you are wrong about my expectations of not being called out, but that is your opinion.  Thank you for posting it.

Hogginintheville

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 18, 2017, 01:13:21 pm
Next thing you know they'll be giving them an extra salt tablet after practice.

Pansies...

This

FANONTHEHILL

How many posting here have watched a practice?
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

bennyl08

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 23, 2017, 06:55:25 am
How many posting here have watched a practice?

This year? No.

From 08 to 12 I watched many.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse