• 376,966 Topics
• 20,989 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there any defensive difference-makers emerging from Spring practice?  (Read 898 times)

JIHawg

• All-American Hogvillian

Difference-makers-like the three we had on our last great defense, who are now in the NFL.

I'm thinking Pulley and Richardson so far.  Is there a new triangle, or better, quadrilateral, in the making?

Dwillhog66

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Difference-makers-like the three we had on our last great defense, who are now in the NFL.

I'm thinking Pulley and Richardson so far.  Is there a new triangle, or better, quadrilateral, in the making?

Agim has to be included in the list, IMO. We certainly need a LB to emerge as an NFL talent. My hope is Bijohn steps up to become AA, that would do wonders for our D.
It's spring so anything we imagine is a possibility!!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.

HogHomer

• Senior

Agim has to be included in the list, IMO. We certainly need a LB to emerge as an NFL talent. My hope is Bijohn steps up to become AA, that would do wonders for our D.
It's spring so anything we imagine is a possibility!!
I'm thinking Pulley, Agim and greenlaw could make a nasty three.

AlmaHog2011

• Senior

Agim, Jackson for sure we need them. Then Pulley was very good last year. Ramsey is another player that has that kind of ability. Guidry and Taylor are a couple more we need. I didn't answer you question I guess I added more questions. lol..

Need for the safeties to breakout. Richardson will help for sure but we need something out of the freshman coming to the hill. Greenlaw is one they love much like they love the middle linebacker last year that couldn't run. 

Dwillhog66

• Varsity

I'm thinking Pulley, Agim and greenlaw could make a nasty three.

I forgot about Greenlaw, out of sight out of mind. I have a great feeling about Scoota too. We have potential to have a very good LB core.
I agree with Pulley, he will be playing a lot on Sundays barring injury.

AlmaHog2011

• Senior

I forgot about Greenlaw, out of sight out of mind. I have a great feeling about Scoota too. We have potential to have a very good LB core.
I agree with Pulley, he will be playing a lot on Sundays barring injury.

IDK about Greenlaw? I hear how great he was but don't remember seeing it on the field. I want him to be a difference maker but doesn't look like a great player to me.

Steef

• Idylically living in the Valley of the Cats
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

I'm hoping Coach Rhoades is THE difference maker.

Hope.

RebelW

• Varsity

Pulley, Agim, Guidry, Taylor

code red

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You can't handle the truth!!!!!!

Well...No.

hawgwild child

• Senior
  • Good coaches win...great coaches cover the spread

I really like Ramsey to make a difference this year, he had some flashes for sure last year playing both end and linebacker.  Think the 3-4 will benefit him most out of anyone

SkeeterHawg

• Varsity

I'm hoping we have a hendecagon of defensive prowess.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy

IDK about Greenlaw? I hear how great he was but don't remember seeing it on the field. I want him to be a difference maker but doesn't look like a great player to me.
he has had two great years , don't know what you were watching . All SEC  as a freshmen should tell you a lot about his skill

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....

Greenlaw has been fabulous when healthy.    If we had 2 or 3 more guys who did as good a job, we'd have a dynamic defense.

Poker_hog

• All-American Hogvillian

he has had two great years , don't know what you were watching . All SEC  as a freshmen should tell you a lot about his skill

That and how bad the defense was after he got hurt last year.  It's not that he's an NFL first rounder, it's that he's a solid sec starter at a position where we have no proven depth.  Outside of maybe AA, he's the player that we can least afford to lose.

bphi11ips

• I need help with my footwork, too.

Wasn't the question regarding who has emerged this Spring?

jkstock04

People use it as an excuse for the defense being so terrible, but I've seen stats that actually show we didn't get any worse after losing him to injury. It was already bad.

Miles and miles of progress to be made with the defense any way you spin it. Hopefully Rhoads' changes will give us a spark and we will see some positives this year.

HamSammich

• Senior
  • Sports huh?

That Ramsey kid was always a star in the making imo. This will be hisnyear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please. KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas