Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today's scrimmage

Started by ricepig, April 15, 2017, 11:49:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Surfing8 on April 17, 2017, 01:16:16 pm
Who is being super critical in this thread?  Do some of the posts in this thread fit your definition of 'super critical'?
LOL, you'd get vaporized on a board not so tightly moderated if so.  The thin-skinned comment is laughably ironic.

I opened the thread to find some info on a scrimmage, and proceed to witness this pathetic back and forth where people brought forth what seemed to my eye reasonable questions (especially when armed with incomplete information, which applies to literally everyone here), only to get "dumb, stupid, idiot, etc" thrown back at them.

You're as bad as any, and more prominent than most. 

The rapid nature in which every conversation like this breaks down to faction finger-pointing over and over is pathetic.

I have read your post where you quoted me. I then asked you to answer my question. I asked because you quoting my question seemed to be an issue with you.

Now you carry on the complaining and still have not answered my question. See, you guys don't want conversation or a debate on the issues. If you did you and the original person I asked would have answered my question. Maybe even providing a decent counter-argument.

I am trying to have a conversation with you, but you don't want to engage. You simply want to complain.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: factchecker on April 17, 2017, 01:27:51 pm
"THE CROWD SOUNDS QUIET ON TV!"

Meanwhile this is happening in the stadium:

https://twitter.com/ElvisMoyaUA/status/787489485768445952

https://twitter.com/dj45williams/status/787487490277904384

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=313lMCQ4Nxg

Even opposing quarterbacks give our crowd more love than the "realist":

https://twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/814127234428661762

While you can hear the noise of the student section, you still cannot smell the booze. The first game ever for my wife was an 11:30 kickoff. She was amazed at the smell of booze in the student section. Ah the good ole days of being a student on The Hill.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ricepig

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 17, 2017, 01:35:25 pm
While you can hear the noise of the student section, you still cannot smell the booze. The first game ever for my wife was an 11:30 kickoff. She was amazed at the smell of booze in the student section. Ah the good ole days of being a student on The Hill.  ;D

They smelled the same way when they rolled in from Dickson St at 3AM that morning, or that's how it was back in the good ole days.....

factchecker

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 17, 2017, 01:35:25 pm

I miss the atmosphere of the student section.  I do not miss camping out for the big games (although free Pizza was nice) or waiting in line for good seats.

I'm not sure if they even camp out for big games anymore.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2017, 12:42:35 pm
How many level headed "negative Nancy's" are there? Comments like, "the o-line is hot garbage", isn't level headed. What's funny, is those who find something wrong all the time, believe they are the only "level headed" posters. It's spring practice in which 99.9% of us haven't seen a snap, yet we rely on reports from others to define the playing of this team. I've said it before, we'll know a little bit about this team in week one, and a whole lot about it in week two.
Take a look around and see who spews all the hatred. I know you don't...but cmon. It may come as a surprise but there are some people on here who I disagree with quite often but I still like and read all of their posts.

The fact of the matter is...actual football play wise, the last 5 years there has been a hell of a lot more bad than good. For whatever reason, that has become taboo to talk about.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Surfing8 on April 17, 2017, 01:44:05 pm
The question?
Since this is the post I quoted, I'll assume this is 'the question' you're referring to. 
No, I have not been to the practices.  I've been to the beach with my kids on spring break. 

...and no, contrary to what you posted above I don't 'want to complain'. 
Ironically my post instead points out your complaining about someone else in this thread who committed the egregious sin of worrying about our stalwart offensive line during April.  A fine-able offense which might in your opinion be worthy of an 'invite off this board'. 

Plank / Eye / Remove.

Your response is very ironic, but I realize if you have not followed the thread from the beginning then you would think I was picking on HC. Carry on.  ;)

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 17, 2017, 01:53:40 pm
Take a look around and see who spews all the hatred. I know you don't...but cmon. It may come as a surprise but there are some people on here who I disagree with quite often but I still like and read all of their posts.

The fact of the matter is...actual football play wise, the last 5 years there has been a hell of a lot more bad than good. For whatever reason, that has become taboo to talk about.

I don't mind seeing opposite opinions, if they are backed up with something. Also, fact of the matter, there's usually a lot more bad than good at the University of Arkansas in football. I guess it depends of you are a glass half empty, or half full type of person. There's always something the cheer about, and something to boo about, I guess it depends on your outlook on life.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 17, 2017, 01:02:52 pm
I am sorry but I read a lot of posts stating the spring game does not mean much. Which it doesn't.

That seems like a reasonable statement by Wilsonhog.

So the fans that "wrote last season off based on an intrasquad game"

We're they incorrect, or not?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 17, 2017, 02:01:58 pm

Majority of those posts were not writing the season off. Most were simply stating you cannot read good or bad from a Spring game.  Maybe if you had read the link you would have known that.

While last season had some down points we still had a winning record and went to a bowl. In my book that is not a write off season.

TheJoeyBucketz

I gots nothing to add to the thread, but I just wanted to pop in and say that you're a goober.

I don't mean that in the affectionate way that people will insult their friends.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Deep Shoat

Depends on your measuring stick.  But lets say you were right.  You are still miserable.

I, on the other hand, who likes to actually see the games played and have some optimism only had to deal with misery 6 times last season. 

See, I hate the losses.  But I enjoy the wins.  People like you never enjoy the wins because you are too busy griping about the perceived flaws.
All Gas, No Brakes!

bennyl08

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 17, 2017, 01:13:05 pm
For me, I never understood why it is hard for some to take a stand. Then if their stand was proven wrong - you simply say good point. Upon which you change your position on the subject. In other words, you learned something.

Learning new things should be fun not an insult.

Doesn't make you less of a man or an idiot. Simply means you listen to reasonable advice.

Egos. Getting better means you weren't perfect to begin with.

That's why all ex's are evil.

A person can never learn from or even risk admitting they were wrong.

And why a person would rather risk the health of their knees to squat some large weight with terrible form rather than start lower and build up using good form.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hogcard1964

Quote from: golf2day on April 17, 2017, 02:07:03 pm
I gots nothing to add to the thread, but I just wanted to pop in and say that you're a goober.

I don't mean that in the affectionate way that people will insult their friends.

Love you too brah.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Steef on April 16, 2017, 08:23:57 pm
You should give that advice to tusks.

Oh now, I love my Hawgs....I just question those who appear not too.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

RazorPiggie

This thread is just pure trash lol.

Mike_e

I could be wrong but

to me spring ball is mainly about player development.

You don't get deep into the playbook trying to outfox the other side, you go into the playbook trying to teach your players how to execute the plays.

You have the players playing against each other because they can't really learn anything standing around just going through the motions.

Yes, I'll watch the spring game because       it's the Razorbacks.

Am I going to base my expectations for next year on it?  No, why would I, it's just practice.  Will I have hope in our players getting better?  Of course, it's practice.  Will I listen to the coaches talk about the players who are doing well?  you get the rest.

Lighten up everybody, it's Spring.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Mike_e on April 18, 2017, 05:17:17 am
I could be wrong but

You don't get deep into the playbook trying to outfox the other side, you go into the playbook trying to teach your players how to execute the plays.

You have the players playing against each other because they can't really learn anything standing around just going through the motions.

Am I going to base my expectations for next year on it?  No, why would I, it's just practice.  Will I have hope in our players getting better?  Of course, it's practice.  Will I listen to the coaches talk about the players who are doing well?  you get the rest.

Perfectly said.

hogcard1964

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Mike_e on April 18, 2017, 05:17:17 am
I could be wrong but

Nicely stated...and so true!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!