Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today's scrimmage

Started by ricepig, April 15, 2017, 11:49:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Thanks for the link ricepig.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

ricepig

hogcard1964

Gibson's back with the first team.  Not sure if that's truly good or due to desperation due to a lack of depth?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 15, 2017, 02:04:19 pm
Gibson's back with the first team.  Not sure if that's truly good or due to desperation due to a lack of depth?

"Was upset with Johnny Gibson, but he's done everything they've asked. Doing everything right."
CBB

Maybe read more, post less???
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

ricepig

Another broken foot?? Alex Jean-Baptists this time, he said same as the others, it is becoming alarming.....

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

ricepig

Quote from: tusksincolorado on April 15, 2017, 02:42:19 pm
Shoe issue?

Tons of schools use the same shoe, tons of schools do the same weight lifting and agility drills, there has to be more than bad luck.

Steef

bennyl08

Ramirez tracking down Whaley and preventing the td. Some here were saying that he didn't have the speed needed.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Styflin

Quote from: tusksincolorado on April 15, 2017, 02:28:11 pm
"Was upset with Johnny Gibson, but he's done everything they've asked. Doing everything right."
CBB

We were told that part of the punishment was he would not take first team reps this spring. So was the punishment made under the assumption he wouldn't do everything that was asked of him? I didn't hear the coaches say he could work his way back to first team this spring. Did you? The question was a legitimate one.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 15, 2017, 02:04:19 pm

Due to lack of intelligence. Yours.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ricepig

Quote from: Styflin on April 15, 2017, 03:18:02 pm
We were told that part of the punishment was he would not take first team reps this spring. So was the punishment made under the assumption he wouldn't do everything that was asked of him? I didn't hear the coaches say he could work his way back to first team this spring. Did you? The question was a legitimate one.
You think we are in desperation in the third week of spring practice? Now, had it been phrased, "how has he worked his way back up", would have been a good question.

Styflin

Quote from: ricepig on April 15, 2017, 03:31:48 pm
You think we are in desperation in the third week of spring practice? Now, had it been phrased, "how has he worked his way back up", would have been a good question.

I haven't seen the line play since last season. Would I call the line last year a problem? Absolutely. No idea what it looks like right now. It didn't sound like a good performance today. You didn't like the way he asked the question. That's ok...  still somewhat of a concern. My eyebrows raised when I saw Raulerson starting the spring at with the first team. 3 weeks in and we have said player being punished rolling first team.

ricepig

Quote from: Styflin on April 15, 2017, 03:38:38 pm
I haven't seen the line play since last season. Would I call the line last year a problem? Absolutely. No idea what it looks like right now. It didn't sound like a good performance today. You didn't like the way he asked the question. That's ok...  still somewhat of a concern. My eyebrows raised when I saw Raulerson starting the spring at with the first team. 3 weeks in and we have said player being punished rolling first team.

Why was it a concern, players don't develop? He gained 20lbs, he was in our program for a year now, and he wasn't hurt. I just figure the guys that see these players every day have a better idea, than those of us sitting behind our computers. We all know Bielema likes to use motivation, maybe he was doing it with both players. Also, Rogers had worked this week as the right guard starter, I assume he played center today with Ragnow sitting out.

alohawg

Sure wish Raulerson was 2nd team.....
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ricepig

Quote from: alohawg on April 15, 2017, 03:48:42 pm
Sure wish Raulerson was 2nd team.....

He was today, at left tackle.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

First sentence says kickers made all their FGs. Later it says Hedlund missed from 38.

EFBAB

alohawg

Quote from: ricepig on April 15, 2017, 03:51:16 pm
He was today, at left tackle.

I did not know that, thanks.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogs run wild

false starts and giving up sacks...gonna be a short season.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

southeasthog

Quote from: Hogs run wild on April 15, 2017, 04:04:27 pm
Spring ball is always short.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

bennyl08

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on April 15, 2017, 04:01:20 pm
First sentence says kickers made all their FGs. Later it says Hedlund missed from 38.

EFBAB

It was a live update. Judging by the order, it opened with some kicks, of which all were made.

Then later, they did some kicks from uncomfortable angles and Hedlund missed one.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 15, 2017, 04:28:30 pm
It was a live update. Judging by the order, it opened with some kicks, of which all were made.

Then later, they did some kicks from uncomfortable angles and Hedlund missed one.

Thank you.

jcbville

Quote from: Hogs run wild on April 15, 2017, 04:04:27 pm

It's spring ball? Cole Kelley was giving up sacks d/t mistakes on his part. Luckily CK isn't the starter yet? I don't know man seems like it ain't nothing to fret over.

TeufelHog

. . . does this staff have to get under their belt before they identify the problem/find a fix?  Listen, I get it, we're dealing with 250-300 lb young men pummeling/crawling/falling/stepping all over each other, but this is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.  How many other teams have this issue to the tune of 3-5 players a year.  PAST.TIME.TO.FIX.THIS.$#1+.

jcbville

OMG not this again. Please anything but this...

jcbville

I don't have the energy to dig it up nor the desire but in the past in one of the MANY threads on this topic during a certain time period, myself and some other good people did indeed post stats on similar injuries from other teams. It's not an Arkansas thing or an Arkansas curse or Arkansas Coaches doing something wrong etc

ChitownHawg

Quote from: jcbville on April 15, 2017, 05:17:16 pm
I don't have the energy to dig it up nor the desire but in the past in one of the MANY threads on this topic during a certain time period, myself and some other good people did indeed post stats on similar injuries from other teams. It's not an Arkansas thing or an Arkansas curse or Arkansas Coaches doing something wrong etc

But your post doesn't play into his agenda.

I also seem to remember CBB stating the injuries are different. That if it were the same type of injury happening then they could work on prevention.

"Although it's one of the smaller parts of your body, the foot contains 28 different bones. Together, your two feet contain more than a quarter of all the bones in your body.

With every step you take, an intricate system of muscles, tendons, bones, nerves, and blood vessels works as a unit. Together, your feet contain 56 bones, 66 joints, and more than 200 tendons, muscles, and ligaments, as well as blood vessels and nerves. Because of this intricate structure, the human foot can sustain decades of use with remarkable resilience, especially with the support of roomy, well-cushioned shoes.
"

https://www.sharecare.com/health/parts-of-the-skeletal-system/how-many-bones-in-foot
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ricepig

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 15, 2017, 04:28:30 pm

Hedlund hit the right upright and it bounced back towards the field.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

FANONTHEHILL

As far as the Oline and it's shuffles today, some players were moved around because Paul Ramirez is with his family.  His grandmother died this week.  So Jake went to 2nd tackle and Johnny got 1st team reps.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

TheRazorback500

I like the way Pulley is playing.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

FANONTHEHILL

Also, here are two pics that I also put in another thread.  The north end zone and the framework for the south end video board.

Hawgar The Horrible

Disgusting. That's the word to describe you idiots that think you can critique a scrimmage from the comfort of your damn recliners.

And you fools would be the first to question why Hog fans are considered dumb. [CENSORED] morons.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Letsroll1200

If the back up QB position doesn't improve it's going to come back and hurt this club this season. The only way this team is winning is getting back to bring elite in the running game.

TeufelHog

Look guys, no agenda on my part with respect to the foot injuries.  I'm just dumbfounded by the fact that it seems like every year since Knile Davis in 2011 we have lost key players to foot related injuries.  Look, I get it . . . we're dealing with 250-300+ lb. young men who are pummeling, falling on, crawling over, stepping on each other.  I just do not understand the "well it's inevitably going to happen" attitude that seems to exist.

For heaven's sake, redesign the upper/tongue of the cleats to include a flexible deflector or pad, use a softer material or reshape the cleat prongs, check our ankle taping methods to see if they're causing an issue, review our weight-lifting exercises/techniques for possible causal effects, review supplement or nutrition deficiencies related to bone density . . . heck if nothing else, get NIKE to come in and do a study related to their footwear.  These annual foot injuries are just REDONKULOUS. 

RaisinHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on April 15, 2017, 07:22:07 pm
If the back up QB position doesn't improve it's going to come back and hurt this club this season. The only way this team is winning is getting back to bring elite in the running game.

Well I for one hope we never find out what the back up QB situation is..

Ironhawg

Quote from: ricepig on April 15, 2017, 03:01:47 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/apr/15/johnson-sent-home-jean-baptiste-breaks-foot/

So our punter has done something stupid to get himself hurt AND to get put on double secret probation?  That must have been quite the escapade.

NotSoFastMyFriend

More penalties because CBB told the refs to call it really tight. Sacks given before defensive players even touched the QB. Ragnow and Cornelius not even playing. First big injury of a physical spring.

But yeah, let's pack it in this year. Let's declare the season over after the 2nd scrimmage.

lol - what a bunch of sad sacks

MS_HogFan

Who is the other safety when Liddell plays nickel?
SOOIE

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Ironhawg on April 15, 2017, 07:29:38 pm
So our punter has done something stupid to get himself hurt AND to get put on double secret probation?  That must have been quite the escapade.

Probably not a joking matter. The kid obviously screwed up big time if they are making a decision over the weekend as to his future status with the team.
Go Hogs Go!

Ironhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 15, 2017, 07:54:01 pm
Probably not a joking matter. The kid obviously screwed up big time if they are making a decision over the weekend as to his future status with the team.

Wow.  Excuse me.  My mistake.

a0ashle

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 15, 2017, 07:54:01 pm

Factoring in his misstep last year, this may start to be a straw vs camel situation.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on April 15, 2017, 07:22:07 pm
I'm surprised it's not discussed more that CBB only wants to take 1 QB per class. HUGE risk.

hogcard1964

Quote from: tusksincolorado on April 15, 2017, 02:28:11 pm
CBB

Thought the word was that he wasn't going to practice with the first team period?  Now it sounds like he did.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

bennyl08

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 15, 2017, 08:39:51 pm
Thought the word was that he wasn't going to practice with the first team period?  Now it sounds like he did.

Any link to that word?

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-spring-football-johnny-gibson

From 2 weeks ago, the word from the horse's mouth was that Gibson had been demoted below second string and would have to show coaches what they wanted to see from him to be able to work his way back up.

I don't ever recall hearing the coaches say that he wasn't going to be on the first team all spring period. Yet, you've used that extensively to try and paint the team as desperate. Any link to that word you thought you heard?

bennyl08

Quote from: Piggfoot on April 15, 2017, 08:45:11 pm
What's up with Ragnow

Being the best center in college football and one of the top players on the team means that the benefit you'd gain from playing in a scrimmage is vastly outweighed by the loss of losing you to injury. So, players such as that are shielded from any unnecessary risks.

hogcard1964

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 15, 2017, 08:45:31 pm
Any link to that word?

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-spring-football-johnny-gibson

From 2 weeks ago, the word from the horse's mouth was that Gibson had been demoted below second string and would have to show coaches what they wanted to see from him to be able to work his way back up.

I don't ever recall hearing the coaches say that he wasn't going to be on the first team all spring period. Yet, you've used that extensively to try and paint the team as desperate. Any link to that word you thought you heard?

No, I don't know if they're desperate.  Hence the question .

Calm down chief.  Nothing to get upset about.