Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are going to shock a lot of experts this year

Started by sowmonella, April 14, 2017, 11:02:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

Top line QB and backs. Real speed at receiver. An Oline that will be top 3 in the SEC. A defense  that will be much improved and more disruptive. A solid kicking game and a favorable schedule. Copy, paste and print it off, we will win 10 games this year. No brag just fact. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Phil D

I'm hoping you are being sarcastic. If not it's going to be a long year for you. Love the optimism though, go Hogs!!
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Dwillhog66

Quote from: Phil D on April 15, 2017, 12:51:17 am
I'm hoping you are being sarcastic. If not it's going to be a long year for you. Love the optimism though, go Hogs!!

Why wouldn't you hope he's right instead of sarcastic? He's just guessing like you are. Nobody knows what's going to occur. It's ok to be optimistic. Optimist police really aren't needed for anyone's protection.

hawgmasta

jgphillips3

Those who are predicting 6 wins are going to be shocked.  I see at least 7- 8 wins on the schedule.  Might be a 9 win season if we catch a break.  We will have probably the best QB in the conference, potentially the best backfield, an improved Oline (but how much remains to be seen) and several legit threats at receiver.  Offensive production will NOT be a problem for this team.  The defense will be better...period.  Just the fact that we will be more aggressive will be a welcome change.  I think our secondary will continue its improvement and the linebacking core will no longer be asked to do things they don't do well and will be given opportunity to turn it loose.  I expect our defense to be no worse than middle of the pack in the SEC after being bottom feeders last year.  A top notch defense and a medium level defense will result in a good season barring major injuries.

Al Boarland

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 15, 2017, 02:38:20 am
Those who are predicting 6 wins are going to be shocked.  I see at least 7- 8 wins on the schedule.  Might be a 9 win season if we catch a break.  We will have probably the best QB in the conference, potentially the best backfield, an improved Oline (but how much remains to be seen) and several legit threats at receiver.  Offensive production will NOT be a problem for this team.  The defense will be better...period.  Just the fact that we will be more aggressive will be a welcome change.  I think our secondary will continue its improvement and the linebacking core will no longer be asked to do things they don't do well and will be given opportunity to turn it loose.  I expect our defense to be no worse than middle of the pack in the SEC after being bottom feeders last year.  A top notch defense and a medium level defense will result in a good season barring major injuries.
I see 7-8 wins max.

Mike_e

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 15, 2017, 02:24:22 am
It's always this year! Until next year. . .

And no matter where you go, there you are.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Hoggish1

hogcard1964

I do hope you're correct.  The schedule does help a bit.

+1000

wildhogman

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 15, 2017, 07:45:17 am
Given the current and overall state of the SEC, conditions are as right as they are likely to get for the foreseeable future.

Oh great. Now this sounds just like the talking heads experts and everyone else not connect to SEC.  "The hogs are having a fine year, ofcourse the SEC  is down a bit this year. I mean Bama is only beating teams by 10 instead of 15."
How about this scenario, Ole miss and MSST and aTm had good years cause the hogs have been a bit down the past few years but things are about to right themselves.

JIHawg

I think you meant top notch offense, but I agree.  And I said I wouldn't drink the kool aid this year.

FaytownHog

I hope you're right but Hogville says this every offseason and then we look around for someone to crucify when it doesn't go as our keyboard experts predicted.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Phil D on April 15, 2017, 12:51:17 am
Why should he be considered sarcastic or unrealistic? While I fully understand the difficulty of the schedule, the problems we had finishing last year and the attempts to revamp and improve all aspects, especially the defense, why can't it happen? I mean we are due to finally surprise on the positive side at some point. Why not FINALLY this coming season ???

daBoar

Quote from: sowmonella on April 14, 2017, 11:02:15 pm
Top line QB and backs. Real speed at receiver. An Oline that will be top 3 in the SEC.
I agree with this part; our O should be upper tier in the SEC.  I have not seen or heard enough about defensive improvements to think that our defense will be in the top 7 of the SEC.

PORKULATOR

We could win 10... Of course we could also win 7. I know.... Let's win em all.
Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hawghiggs

We are going to shock people. CBB will get us to 6th place in the SEC west.

rtr

Beat TCU and A&M and we will have a great year.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Hawghiggs on April 15, 2017, 10:10:19 am

BRILLANT!!! Just brilliant....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Hogtimes

April 15, 2017, 11:02:04 am #18 Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:22:19 am by Hogtimes
I just don't see how we can not win at least 8 games this year.

Three non-conference game are a lock.

We were basically dead even with TCU last year.  They should be decidedly down this  year.  So a logical win.

Missouri and Miss are in deep trouble, so two more wins.

Miss State and South Carolina,  could be even.  Think we are better. we should win at least one.   

A&M looked bad in their spring game...no QB.   Should win.

Auburn and LSU....lots of unknowns, but will be tough games, we  should  win one.

Bama  a loss.

Lose one game we should win.. So 8-4.   Possibly 9-3.  I do not see any thing shocking about that.

HiggiePiggy

If we have the same offensive problems in the second half that we had last year then it will be 6 to 7 wins.  If that is corrected then it will be 8 to 10 wins.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

lumphog

Top line QB and backs. Real speed at receiver. An Oline that will be top 3 in the SEC. A defense  that will be much improved and more disruptive. A solid kicking game and a favorable schedule. Copy, paste and print it off, we will win 10 games this year. No brag just fact. :razorback:
This time of the year, some people are RIGHT & some are WRONG.....YOU, sir are CORRECT.......It's years like THIS that the HOGS RISE!!!!

HamSammich

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 15, 2017, 02:24:22 am
It's always this year! Until next year. . .

I don't know why but this made me chuckle

Dan42AR

I think we will be a better team this year than last. Does that mean more wins? Maybe and maybe not in the SEC so many times a game is decided by just 1 or 2 toss up plays and the best team does not always get the breaks. Ole Miss 2 years ago is a good game to see to realize that. I'm glad that we won but we did get lucky.

Poker_hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 15, 2017, 07:45:17 am
Given the current and overall state of the SEC, conditions are as right as they are likely to get for the foreseeable future.

This.  It really should be a big year and I don't mean 8-5.  As for being shocked, it take 11 wins or 7 losses for me to be shocked.  I totally expect  7-8 wins.  Just enough for long to spin it as part of the building process while most of us continue to be disappointed in the lack of sucess under this coach.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

phadedhawg

I predict a lot of tantrums, threats, assurances, and hurt feelings.  Might even get to see some football too!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

If nothing else, our kickers seem to be better. None if them have missed a kick on either scrimmage day
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

DeltaBoy

I expect this team to win 2 more games this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I wish I had your optimism about the bolded part.
Our OL failed to get sufficient push most of the time for our running game and more times than not left AA out to dry on passing plays.  Considering we lost an outstanding talent in Skipper, we're gonna have to make big strides to achieve your boast.

Also, we're going to a 3-4 defense for the first time with basically the same athletes minus our two best rush ends.  I think our defense will be better overall, but I doubt we see a top 50 defense by season's end.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Phil D

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on April 15, 2017, 01:56:34 am
Why wouldn't you hope he's right instead of sarcastic? He's just guessing like you are. Nobody knows what's going to occur. It's ok to be optimistic. Optimist police really aren't needed for anyone's protection.

That's just it.  We are just guessing, And for the record I really hope he is right.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hawghiggs on April 15, 2017, 10:10:19 am
Think of that real "cutsie" and clever remark all by yourself ??? I'm sure everyone on here is really impressed as well.

Hog Fan...DOH!

If the D stays the same, and it might, then it's not unreasonable to think that an experienced Oline + Austin can carry this team to 9 wins. 

Phil D

Quote from: Hogtimes on April 15, 2017, 11:02:04 am

We were basically dead even with TCU last year.  They should be decidedly down this  year.  So a logical win.

Miss State and South Carolina,  could be even.  Think we are better. we should win at least one.   

Auburn and LSU....lots of unknowns, but will be tough games, we  should  win one.

Bama  a loss.

Lose one game we should win.. So 8-4.   Possibly 9-3.  I do not see any thing shocking about that.

I can see 8 wins but the OP said 10 thats a little over the top I think , considering the change in defensive philosophy and unknowns we have there.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 15, 2017, 01:22:13 pm
Think of that real "cutsie" and clever remark all by yourself ??? I'm sure everyone on here is really impressed as well.

I really don't give a damn if I impress anyone or not. I actually hope I'm wrong and have to eat crow all next off season.

factchecker

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 15, 2017, 01:22:13 pm

Especially seeing that we haven't finished worse than 5th the last two season.  Finished 3rd in the west in 2015.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Hawghiggs on April 15, 2017, 02:23:17 pm
I really don't give a damn if I impress anyone or not. I actually hope I'm wrong and have to eat crow all next off season.

Leaving would be sufficient...
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

alohawg

The backfield is not potentially the best, potentially 2nd best, maybe. Alabama has the best, by far and Auburn may be 2nd.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jgphillips3

Quote from: alohawg on April 15, 2017, 03:05:46 pm
The backfield is not potentially the best, potentially 2nd best, maybe. Alabama has the best, by far and Auburn may be 2nd.

I'm a little confused by your post.  I said they are potentially the best.  Meaning, right now they are not but they have that kind of potential.  I see our backfield, in terms of production, easily finishing in the top 4 in the conference with an opportunity to be the best.  Basically, I don't see where we disagree unless you think "potentially the best" meant "the best on paper right now".

Hawgar The Horrible

Optimism is prohibited. Try it and dozens of cockroaches will leave tiny piles of poop all over your kitchen floor and in your cabinets.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

alohawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 15, 2017, 03:13:21 pm
I'm a little confused by your post.  I said they are potentially the best.  Meaning, right now they are not but they have that kind of potential.  I see our backfield, in terms of production, easily finishing in the top 4 in the conference with an opportunity to be the best.  Basically, I don't see where we disagree unless you think "potentially the best" meant "the best on paper right now".

Honestly, even as good as they can be, I can't see them being the best......this year.
Alabama is ridiculously loaded.......this year, even more so than usual. That stated, I definitely hope I'm wrong, would love to see them as the best in the country.

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/alabama-s-two-new-backs-pulling-off-plays-never-seen-before-
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

TheRazorback500

What about Georgia's, or are we discussing only the SEC West?
Do you wanna get Rocked?

bennyl08

Jokes on you, this has nothing to do with the razorbacks. They are going to kidnap a bunch of experts and subject them to electroshock therapy.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

factchecker

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on April 15, 2017, 05:44:31 pm
What about Georgia's, or are we discussing only the SEC West?

Georgia's backfield is good and they have a great offensive line coach.  They also have a talented quarterback in Jacob Eason.

BUT they have a huge anchor that will do his part of keeping the offense down:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

I know we are all just projecting our hopes and the potential of the kids we have at this point, but I would agree that "at this point", Alabama's backfield looks pretty good considering that they have everyone back from last year to include Bo Scarbrough, Damien Harris, Josh Jacobs and a bevy of back ups.

The quality of the 2017 Offensive Lines of every team will probably contribute a great deal to which school is judged to have the best backfield by the end of the season and for most teams, that story hasn't been written yet.
Go Hogs Go!

Ironhawg

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 15, 2017, 01:00:43 pm
I wish I had your optimism about the bolded part.
Our OL failed to get sufficient push most of the time for our running game and more times than not left AA out to dry on passing plays.  Considering we lost an outstanding talent in Skipper, we're gonna have to make big strides to achieve your boast.

Also, we're going to a 3-4 defense for the first time with basically the same athletes minus our two best rush ends.  I think our defense will be better overall, but I doubt we see a top 50 defense by season's end.

I agree with a some of what you said here.  The offensive line has got to get better at getting three yards when they need two or two yards when they need one.  They just need to be able to impose their will on the opposing d-line in the run game.  They were partially responsible for the number of hits that AA took, but some of that is on the running backs not picking up blitzers and some of it is on AA for holding the ball too long.  Hopefully all will improve this coming season.

HamSammich

if this place didn't have unbridled optimism after years of below average results it would be dull.... +111111000000 to the OP... keep them coming.

oldbooniehog

Just like the last 25 years, Arkansas will be somewhere between truly awful and solidly second-rate in the SEC.

woo, pigs, etc...

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hogtimes on April 15, 2017, 11:02:04 am

Bama  a loss.

I had to do a double take to make sure this wasn't from 2016. This staff loses games they shouldn't.  That trend has been consistent through CBB's tenure.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: oldbooniehog on April 15, 2017, 06:52:38 pm
Just like the last 25 years, Arkansas will be somewhere between truly awful and solidly second-rate in the SEC.

woo, pigs, etc...

You have repeated that sentence quite enough now. Get some new material. 
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

hawgdavis

I think it's the best with also the best  running back in the SEC from last year returning. Sit back relax watch and see I will be correct at the end of the season when we have 2 backs in the top 3 in the SEC .

People can say what the want about who's best by the eye test I go by what is actually  done on the feild so like I said just relax and watch what happens I won't even have to worry about eating crow.