Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shakwon Barrett new PG

Started by klp1, April 06, 2017, 11:45:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Quote from: King Kong on April 18, 2017, 03:41:23 pm
Has 2 more. One will be UNLV and the other looks like probably Memphis. Both with can offer more immediate PT assuming Barford and Macon are back

Hopefully the Hogs providing a better stage will win out in the end. Tough to turn down immediate playing time, though. Need to balance that with best situation, I'd think. Still holding out hope for him. If he passes, I'd like to see Crawford or Armus, then Barrett.

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 18, 2017, 03:53:42 pm
Hopefully the Hogs providing a better stage will win out in the end. Tough to turn down immediate playing time, though. Need to balance that with best situation, I'd think. Still holding out hope for him. If he passes, I'd like to see Crawford or Armus, then Barrett.

I like Barrett more than Armus. But I am surprised we haven't given harder looks after a big guy. The coaches are clearly content with Thomas and Cook stealing mins if Gafford or Thompson have foul trouble

I would probably rank them in order Crawford, Hardy and Barrett for me.

However, I do understand the push for a PG To spent a year on campus prior to the 2018 class arriving to help smooth that transition. I just think Crawford could help maximize next years teams potential.

mhuff

Quote from: King Kong on April 18, 2017, 04:17:34 pm
I like Barrett more than Armus. But I am surprised we haven't given harder looks after a big guy. The coaches are clearly content with Thomas and Cook stealing mins if Gafford or Thompson have foul trouble

However, I do understand the push for a PG To spent a year on campus prior to the 2018 class arriving to help smooth that transition. I just think Crawford could help maximize next years teams potential.

Hawg Red

Quote from: King Kong on April 18, 2017, 04:17:34 pm

I'm thinking about the next year with Armus. Losing Trey, DT and Cook, we'll need a big ready to go. He'd get a year to get adjusted. Position scarcity with big men also. We can find a guard more easily. I don't even think the coaches are recruiting Mladen at this point, and I'm probably his biggest fan on the board, but I feel like they have a good, skilled, developing big man in their backyard and an upcoming need at that position.

Definitely agreed on Crawford maximizing this year's roster, but I think Hardy is too good to pass up between the two.

HoopS

The Hogfather

blu

If he's truly a PG at 6-4 and can fill it up from 25', sounds like  good 'un.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

navyhog24

Quote from: blu on April 19, 2017, 06:11:24 am
If he's truly a PG at 6-4 and can fill it up from 25', sounds like  good 'un.

Looks more like SG than PG. None of his highlights shows anything of running an offense.

Hawg Red

Looks a little street-ballish from the video, but maybe that's just because that's how the videos can be. Does appear to have a nice wingspan.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 19, 2017, 07:52:34 am
Looks more like SG than PG. None of his highlights shows anything of running an offense.
He was setting his teammates up for some easy baskets. I also like that he finishes well around the basket.

Big Nasty 34

So where did he play last season? I don't see him on the roster at the prep school that he went to in Canada. http://www.gobears.ca/rosters

King Kong

April 19, 2017, 08:41:54 am #63 Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:53:21 am by King Kong
Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on April 19, 2017, 08:30:17 am
So where did he play last season? I don't see him on the roster at the prep school that he went to in Canada. http://www.gobears.ca/rosters

Attended Tech Academy. https://mobile.twitter.com/techtitansbball?lang=en

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 18, 2017, 02:04:22 pm
I just really wanted Hardy, but he appears unlikely.

I did also and I agree.  He is going somewhere else.

It is late in the late recruiting season so now do we go after the best available player or the best available PG?  HUMMMMMM

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 18, 2017, 06:33:20 pm
I'm thinking about the next year with Armus. Losing Trey, DT and Cook, we'll need a big ready to go. He'd get a year to get adjusted. Position scarcity with big men also. We can find a guard more easily. I don't even think the coaches are recruiting Mladen at this point, and I'm probably his biggest fan on the board, but I feel like they have a good, skilled, developing big man in their backyard and an upcoming need at that position.

Definitely agreed on Crawford maximizing this year's roster, but I think Hardy is too good to pass up between the two.

I agree with adding a PF this year.  I think we need more big men on our roster and since we usually can not sign a highly rated PF/C who is ready to play his freshman year we need to add them and grow them into a player.  this is the reason I would love to have 5 guys on the roster who can play either the 4 or 5 spot at all times on the roster.  I am talking about the 6'7+ ,240+ types who are physical and athletic.    It is good for our team's practices also to add these players with physicality to the team.

navyhog24

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 19, 2017, 11:04:57 am
I agree with adding a PF this year.  I think we need more big men on our roster and since we usually can not sign a highly rated PF/C who is ready to play his freshman year we need to add them and grow them into a player.  this is the reason I would love to have 5 guys on the roster who can play either the 4 or 5 spot at all times on the roster.  I am talking about the 6'7+ ,240+ types who are physical and athletic.    It is good for our team's practices also to add these players with physicality to the team.

Perfect timing as always...

Hogs49ers

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 19, 2017, 11:04:57 am

Man, you sure do love those big boys!  Get a room!  (A big room)
SCREW Vandy!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hogs49ers on April 19, 2017, 01:33:41 pm
Man, you sure do love those big boys!  Get a room!  (A big room)

Curious, should we just consider it schtick at this point?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.