10th Assistant news

Started by ricepig, April 14, 2017, 10:50:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kig

Poker Porker

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: ricepig on April 14, 2017, 10:56:08 am
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/852911301189931009

Thank goodness, sick of seeing parents suddenly get some sweet job before a recruit commits. When they have no experience. If I understand this correctly.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on April 14, 2017, 11:21:10 am
Thank goodness, sick of seeing parents suddenly get some sweet job before a recruit commits. When they have no experience. If I understand this correctly.
It's not inclusive of parents, unless there has been a late addition to the rule. It's only for coaches

Edit: The wording I've seen isn't clear enough for me to have an intelligent conversation on the matter so disregard anything I say.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 14, 2017, 11:52:35 am
It's not inclusive of parents, unless there has been a late addition to the rule. It's only for coaches

Edit: The wording I've seen isn't clear enough for me to have an intelligent conversation on the matter so disregard anything I say.

Yeah I'm confused and my weak googling skills in attempt to answer the question has not helped.

ricepig

theFlyingHog

There has to be a better definition than "people close to". I have an uncle I haven't seen or talked to in years, and another uncle I see regularly. One might say the uncle I see frequently would be bant in this new rule. But the joke is on them, I like the other uncle a lot more!

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 14, 2017, 01:33:49 pm
There has to be a better definition than "people close to". I have an uncle I haven't seen or talked to in years, and another uncle I see regularly. One might say the uncle I see frequently would be bant in this new rule. But the joke is on them, I like the other uncle a lot more!

Agreed, that is super broad if they intend to enforce that in the coming years.

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 14, 2017, 01:33:49 pm

If the coach really likes your uncle, he can hire him for an on-field coaching position and still recruit and sign you, he just can't name him as one of his 97 support staff guys. Same goes for your high school coach.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ricepig on April 14, 2017, 02:17:55 pm
If the coach really likes your uncle, he can hire him for an on-field coaching position and still recruit and sign you, he just can't name him as one of his 97 support staff guys. Same goes for your high school coach.
All I'm getting at is the wording they have communicated to this point is vague as to whom this affects.

hawgmasta

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on April 14, 2017, 01:41:38 pm
Agreed, that is super broad if they intend to enforce that in the coming years.

Yeah I'm guessing parents or siblings are the main ones they're wanting to enforce to begin this rule. Maybe tweak it later.

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 14, 2017, 02:47:14 pm
All I'm getting at is the wording they have communicated to this point is vague as to whom this affects.

"Also part of the new legislation are strict rules that mirror what is used in college basketball for individuals associated with prospects, or IAWP. The IAWP rules are designed to prevent schools from hiring anyone associated with a prospect for noncoaching positions.

For example, the high school coach of a prospect is not allowed to take a paid or volunteer job as an analyst or strength coach at the college recruiting that coach's prospect. An IAWP is permitted to take a job at the same college only as a full-time, on-field coach.

Penalties for violating the IAWP rules range from permanent ineligibility of the players involved to the suspension of a head coach or assistant. The IAWP rules are effective immediately and retroactive to include contracts signed on or after Jan. 18, 2017.

"This really emanates out of the camp conversations that we had," Bowlsby said. "There are a lot of shenanigans that have been going on in the camp environment where a high school coach or a seven-on-seven coach shows up with a busload of kids and gets a big honorarium for bringing them to camp while they're having a so-called unofficial visit.

"There isn't anything in this piece of legislation that keeps people moving from one job to the other -- either from a high school position or from one college position to another college position. What it does do, however, is put restrictions on a high school coach that would take a noncoaching position with a university and then bring two or three prospects with him. There's a quid pro quo that is troubling in the recruiting environment, and we sought to change that and regulate that."