Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NC Legislature setting up possible move to the SEC?

Started by Adam Stokes, April 12, 2017, 06:44:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dethnode

really, you got it's icky from a laundry list of points that range from perverted 14 year old boys to segregated imprisonment... sounds like someone has no rebuttal for actual debate and just wanted to say their point of view and call anyone who disagreed with it a bigot... good job...

PorkRinds

Quote from: dethnode on April 13, 2017, 12:28:45 pm
really, you got it's icky from a laundry list of points that range from perverted 14 year old boys to segregated imprisonment... sounds like someone has no rebuttal for actual debate and just wanted to say their point of view and call anyone who disagreed with it a bigot... good job...

I didn't call you a bigot so there's that. I don't think your points are valid. But also don't care enough to tell you why because your mind isn't likely to change.

dethnode

You want government out of our lives, including where people relieve themselves....

So if a business decided to not allow transgender people to use opposite bathrooms it's ok by you?

Or do you want the government to step in and say that people must be allowed to use the bathroom of their choosing?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 12:27:04 pm
I'm not concerned at all. Anyone breaking the law in a bathroom is already breaking the law without me worrying about transgender people and where they pee.  Seems some only want government out of our lives when they feel like it.  I want limited government in all areas, including where people relieve themselves.

Yeah. Its a shame the NC legislation had to step in and preserve the morays, customs and norms for 99% of the population due to the perceived rights of a few whack jobs.

Again, shame on them for interfering.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 13, 2017, 12:40:04 pm
Yeah. Its a shame the NC legislation had to step in and preserve the morays, customs and norms for 99% of the population due to the perceived rights of a few whack jobs.

Again, shame on them for interfering.

Agreed. An answer in search of a problem. Government should stay out of people's pants.

PorkRinds

Quote from: dethnode on April 13, 2017, 12:35:16 pm
You want government out of our lives, including where people relieve themselves....

So if a business decided to not allow transgender people to use opposite bathrooms it's ok by you?

Or do you want the government to step in and say that people must be allowed to use the bathroom of their choosing?

There are already laws against discrimination. No need for the government to step in on something that's already illegal.

Much like guns in stadiums, political wills eventually concede to athletic fandom.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 12:12:24 pm
You'd be wrong. Two beautiful little girls that mind their own business when using the bathroom. I'm just not one to be afraid of a boogeyman.

Your attempt to shame others shows what a coward punk you are, but that is JMO. I truly hope a pedophile doesn't use this issue to cause your girls harm in any way, as I hope that never happens to anyone's children. But hey, the boogeyman doesn't exist does he?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on April 13, 2017, 12:45:22 pm
You're attempt to shame others shows what a coward punk you are, but that is JMO. I truly hope a pedophile doesn't use this issue to cause your girls harm in any way, as I hope that never happens to anyone's children. But hey, the boogeyman doesn't exist does he?

*your

If you're going to insult someone at least do it with correct grammar.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 12:42:14 pm
Agreed. An answer in search of a problem. Government should stay out of people's pants.

Can't do that either. Not since they said we can't beat the ever loving chit out of them anymore.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 13, 2017, 12:48:46 pm
Can't do that either. Not since they said we can't beat the ever loving chit out of them anymore.

Who are you wanting to be allowed to beat up?

Dwillhog66

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 12:48:18 pm
*your

If you're going to insult someone at least do it with correct grammar.

I fixed it for you. Again you use another attempt at shaming to mask YOUR cowardice

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on April 13, 2017, 12:52:06 pm
I fixed it for you. Again you use another attempt at shaming to mask YOUR cowardice

You being afraid of a dude dressed like a woman means I'm a coward? You're a real tough guy. I'm sure glad you signed up to show everyone how tough you are.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 12:51:37 pm
Who are you wanting to be allowed to beat up?

Cut out the baited questions. Even in my day society did a fine job of determining what is and is not acceptable. The left put a stop to that.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 12:54:02 pm
You being afraid of a dude dressed like a woman means I'm a coward? You're a real tough guy. I'm sure glad you signed up to show everyone how tough you are.

I couldn't care less if you dress up like a woman, but I don't want you entering a restroom where young girls are just in case YOU'RE doing it because in reality YOU'RE a pedophile using the law to do harm to the young girls.

a0ashle

It's all about free market capitalism right up until the free market isn't on your side. Darn Hypocrites.

Free market put pressure on NC gov, you'd think conservatives would be lining up to support that idea, instead they lemming their way into a revival of the culture wars.

Where transgender people pee is only a problem now, because they lost the war on gays and need some battle cry to rally the ignorant.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 12, 2017, 07:23:34 pm
The NCAA holds sporting events in China and Cuba, yet has a problem with North Carolina.

Let that sink in.

I was just coming here to post this same thing. You saw this on reddit like I did and posted it here word for word :)

gchamblee

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on April 12, 2017, 08:19:30 pm
the NCAA did not hold a sporting event in China, the Pac 12 did.  The NCAA and the ACC pulled CHAMPIONSHIP games from NC, not all games.  How many championship games have been held in China/Cuba?  Last I heard, ACC teams still played in NC.  When the PAC12/NCAA holds a championship game in China/Cuba your statement will have some merit.

His point is valid. NCAA sanctioned events are being held in countries with Human Rights violations, but they are boycotting NC over a bill that determines which bathroom someone who decides to change their gender can use. Its hypocritical.

a0ashle

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on April 13, 2017, 01:01:35 pm
I couldn't care less if you dress up like a woman, but I don't want you entering a restroom where young girls are just in case YOU'RE doing it because in reality YOU'RE a pedophile using the law to do harm to the young girls.

Catholic Priests bathroom law next? Waaaay more evidence pedaphilia there. OR are you just trying find justification after the fact?

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 12, 2017, 09:09:20 pm
GOP legislators in NC should just stop being bigots. Problem solved.

I fail to see the bigotry in recognizing the gender of a person based on the gender listed on their birth certificate. They could be called old fashioned or socially conservative, but bigoted just doesn't apply here.

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 12, 2017, 09:48:47 pm
I'm pretty sure more republican lawmakers have been arrested for sexual misconduct in bathrooms than transgender people.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what he said. You are obviously emotionally invested in this topic and are willing to sling emotionally charged rhetoric, but it still has nothing to do with what he said.

a0ashle

Quote from: gchamblee on April 13, 2017, 01:04:28 pm
I was just coming here to post this same thing. You saw this on reddit like I did and posted it here word for word :)
The American people care about NC more then those other places. NCAA is afraid of the people and the ramifications of not taking a stand.

PorkSoda

Quote from: gchamblee on April 13, 2017, 01:08:17 pm
I fail to see the bigotry in recognizing the gender of a person based on the gender listed on their birth certificate. They could be called old fashioned or socially conservative, but bigoted just doesn't apply here.
so now people have to carry their birth certificate with them if they want to use the restroom?

here is the reality.  if you know what someone has between their legs in the bathroom, YOU are the pervert that needs to be arrested.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: gchamblee on April 13, 2017, 01:09:33 pm
Which has absolutely nothing to do with what he said. You are obviously emotionally invested in this topic and are willing to sling emotionally charged rhetoric, but it still has nothing to do with what he said.
lol, you might want to look in the mirror before slinging the "emotionally charged" label around.  I was just poking the hornets nest because its a funny topic.  its absurd that this is even a conversation that has to be had.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: a0ashle on April 13, 2017, 01:06:16 pm
Catholic Priests bathroom law next? Waaaay more evidence pedaphilia there. OR are you just trying find justification after the fact?

Not sure what your point is here, but I'm all for the legal system stepping up prosecuting all of the pedophiles in the catholic institution instead of allowing the coverups to hide and protect them.

gchamblee

Quote from: sickboy on April 12, 2017, 11:20:07 pm
It's a little different. Hell, its a lot different. We have a history, especially in the South, of being afraid of minorities and treating them poorly. When you try to write legislation in America that is seen as a measure meant to take rights away from minorities... then you're opening old and passionate wounds in this country that get American citizens very heated.

China and Cuba... not so much. Most Americans couldn't point at Beijing on a map... or tell you who the President of Cuba is. Doesn't mean anything to Americans.

What the NCAA is doing is, I'm sure, largely a PR move. And clearly the right one.

When bathrooms are separated by genders, as they usually are in most public places, it is not oppressive to expect males to use the mens room and females to use the womens room. We are born with a gender, and changing the logo on the hood doesn't change the manufacturer of the car.

Painting this as oppression or bigotry is intellectually dishonest. This isn't a "fear of minorities" issue, this is a case of social evolution. If using the mens room after being born a male traumatizes you, the bathroom you use is really far down the list of problems you are coping with in your everyday life.

As for the OP. I would love to see NC and NCS come to the SEC. It would help us as a basketball conference and it would give us a couple of new venues for football games.

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 13, 2017, 01:12:03 pm
so now people have to carry their birth certificate with them if they want to use the restroom?

here is the reality.  if you know what someone has between their legs in the bathroom, YOU are the pervert that needs to be arrested.

I never suggested that at all. I said you were born either a male or a female and your gender identity has been established ever since that first day of breathing air.

a0ashle

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on April 13, 2017, 01:16:57 pm
Not sure what your point is here, but I'm all for the legal system stepping up prosecuting all of the pedophiles in the catholic institution instead of allowing the coverups to hide and protect them.

If this transgender law is about protecting kids from pedophiles as you say. Why don't we start with a group that actually has vast amount of actual crimes against children?Catholic Priests.

Spoiler, it's because this law isn't about that, that is just the weak ass excuse backwards ignoramuses use to justify a law that tries to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

PorkSoda

Quote from: gchamblee on April 13, 2017, 01:21:41 pm
I never suggested that at all.

Quote from: gchamblee on April 13, 2017, 01:08:17 pm

PorkRinds

Quote from: gchamblee on April 13, 2017, 01:18:49 pm
When bathrooms are separated by genders, as they usually are in most public places, it is not oppressive to expect males to use the mens room and females to use the womens room. We are born with a gender, and changing the logo on the hood doesn't change the manufacturer of the car.

Painting this as oppression or bigotry is intellectually dishonest. This isn't a "fear of minorities" issue, this is a case of social evolution. If using the mens room after being born a male traumatizes you, the bathroom you use is really far down the list of problems you are coping with in your everyday life.

As for the OP. I would love to see NC and NCS come to the SEC. It would help us as a basketball conference and it would give us a couple of new venues for football games.

Who is going to check what genitals a person has? That's the point. Unless you are peeking in their stall the only thing you can go from is how they dress.  There are manly looking women and womanly looking men.  When you go so far as to outlaw certain people from using the bathroom they choose you automatically must have an enforcement mechanism to make that law work. What will that look like? How do you suggest it be implemented?  Because unless you're willing to assign monitors to every public restroom that check id's (which is still not good enough because people who have undergone sex changes have iD's that reflect their reassigned gender) you literally can't enforce it. So what's the purpose of the law if you don't want to enforce it?

PorkRinds

Quote from: gchamblee on April 13, 2017, 01:21:41 pm
I never suggested that at all. I said you were born either a male or a female and your gender identity has been established ever since that first day of breathing air.

Unless you were born with both sex organs. Which bathroom should those people use? I mean, this pretending that gender is set in stone is just not supported by scientific fact. The lines can be, and are, blurred at times.

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 11:07:07 am
Unless you are standing at the door taking id's and doing junk checks you have no way of knowing what bathroom someone should use. Which means it's none of your business.

I agree for the most part. If nobody is uncomfortable with it then there isnt a problem. However, if someone is making others uncomfortable then it deserves being looked at.

PorkSoda

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 01:27:10 pm
So what's the purpose of the law if you don't want to enforce it?
to appear tough on wacko liberal commies.  they never had any intention of enforcing it.  they are just flexing.

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 12:12:24 pm
You'd be wrong. Two beautiful little girls that mind their own business when using the bathroom. I'm just not one to be afraid of a boogeyman.

Its not about a boogeyman. We are talking about people that really exist. Most appear to be quite normal and dont make anyone around them uncomfortable, however there are the crazy few that just go out of their way to make others uncomfortable. For those people, use the restroom assigned to your birth gender.

gchamblee

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 01:27:10 pm
Who is going to check what genitals a person has? That's the point. Unless you are peeking in their stall the only thing you can go from is how they dress.  There are manly looking women and womanly looking men.  When you go so far as to outlaw certain people from using the bathroom they choose you automatically must have an enforcement mechanism to make that law work. What will that look like? How do you suggest it be implemented?  Because unless you're willing to assign monitors to every public restroom that check id's (which is still not good enough because people who have undergone sex changes have iD's that reflect their reassigned gender) you literally can't enforce it. So what's the purpose of the law if you don't want to enforce it?

Same could be said for immigration laws. Whats the point of having immigration law if half the country cries themsevles to sleep when we enforce it?

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 01:28:44 pm
Unless you were born with both sex organs. Which bathroom should those people use? I mean, this pretending that gender is set in stone is just not supported by scientific fact. The lines can be, and are, blurred at times.

Seriously? This is going to be your argument that you stand on? Gender isnt set in stone? Is it confusing when a rancher says he has 100 head of cattle just because you have seen pictures of 2 headed cows on the internet?

gchamblee

I am going to back out of this thread. I dont want to be the reason another thread gets locked and this one is already fishtailing.

PorkRinds

Quote from: gchamblee on April 13, 2017, 01:39:44 pm
Seriously? This is going to be your argument that you stand on? Gender isnt set in stone? Is it confusing when a rancher says he has 100 head of cattle just because you have seen pictures of 2 headed cows on the internet?

That argument makes zero sense. There are people that exist with both sex organs. To say that gender is decided on day one is just not true.  That's my argument and it's scientifically proven. Yours on the other hand is your opinion and not backed in facts. And that's ok, but don't pretend you're right.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: a0ashle on April 13, 2017, 01:25:00 pm
If this transgender law is about protecting kids from pedophiles as you say. Why don't we start with a group that actually has vast amount of actual crimes against children?Catholic Priests.

Spoiler, it's because this law isn't about that, that is just the weak ass excuse backwards ignoramuses use to justify a law that tries to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

I never made the argument that the law was about that. I do know that the law will be used by some pedophiles to give themselves access that wasn't previously available to them by law. All to appease a segment of population that is less than the pedophile population itself.

PorkRinds

Quote from: gchamblee on April 13, 2017, 01:38:27 pm
Same could be said for immigration laws. Whats the point of having immigration law if half the country cries themsevles to sleep when we enforce it?

I didn't figure you'd be able to answer that question. No worries.

dethnode

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 12:43:47 pm
There are already laws against discrimination. No need for the government to step in on something that's already illegal.

I fail to see how if a business establishment says, this bathroom is for people with a [CENSORED], and this bathroom is for people with a [CENSORED]... how is that discriminatory?

Is it discrimination for a business to have a age requirement to enter?  Like bars? 

What about the theme parks, you have to be this tall to ride, is that discriminatory against the vertically challenged?

See, you sir, are full of crap... you want the government to stay out of peoples lives when it suits you.  You want them to come in and tell people who they have to make cakes for, you want them to come in and tell people that they must allow men in the womens restrooms, you want them to come in and tell companies that they must provide birth control to their employees... but when a government wants to say, no we are not going to allow men in womens restrooms, you scream and cry about the government should stay out of our lives.

There is a word for that... what was it again... oh yeah hypocrite....

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on April 13, 2017, 01:43:20 pm
I never made the argument that the law was about that. I do know that the law will be used by some pedophiles to give themselves access that wasn't previously available to them by law. All to appease a segment of population that is less than the pedophile population itself.

You don't actually know that. You just assume.  A pedophile can walk into any bathroom they want to and assault someone at any time no matter how they are dressed. No law can save someone from that, and it's already illegal so no new law is needed to protect people from it. It's similar to the argument about banning guns. Criminals don't follow the law so if a pedo is going to assault someone a law banning trans people from the bathroom isn't going to stop them.

PorkRinds

Quote from: dethnode on April 13, 2017, 01:45:21 pm

I fail to see how if a business establishment says, this bathroom is for people with a [CENSORED], and this bathroom is for people with a [CENSORED]... how is that discriminatory?

Is it discrimination for a business to have a age requirement to enter?  Like bars? 

What about the theme parks, you have to be this tall to ride, is that discriminatory against the vertically challenged?

See, you sir, are full of crap... you want the government to stay out of peoples lives when it suits you.  You want them to come in and tell people who they have to make cakes for, you want them to come in and tell people that they must allow men in the womens restrooms, you want them to come in and tell companies that they must provide birth control to their employees... but when a government wants to say, no we are not going to allow men in womens restrooms, you scream and cry about the government should stay out of our lives.

There is a word for that... what was it again... oh yeah hypocrite....

I like how you made up a list of things that I "want" when you have zero clue what I actually want. There's a word for that...what was t again...oh yeah total dbag.

dethnode

so which of my list of your wants, do you not want?

I'll wait...

Dwillhog66

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 13, 2017, 01:45:47 pm
You don't actually know that. You just assume.  A pedophile can walk into any bathroom they want to and assault someone at any time no matter how they are dressed. No law can save someone from that, and it's already illegal so no new law is needed to protect people from it. It's similar to the argument about banning guns. Criminals don't follow the law so if a pedo is going to assault someone a law banning trans people from the bathroom isn't going to stop them.

I do know that. Criminals always have and always will use laws to help them perpetuate their crimes. The most likely scenario will not be assaults on the children in the restrooms but more likely an effective, more secure avenue to find victims to prey on.

There has never been laws against trans using restrooms, but there have been laws not allowing men in women's restrooms and vice versa for many years.

PorkSoda

Quote from: dethnode on April 13, 2017, 01:45:21 pm

I fail to see how if a business establishment says...

see that is the crux of the issue.  bathroom policy should fall to the establishment not the state.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on April 13, 2017, 01:58:17 pm
Criminals always have and always will use laws to help them perpetuate their crimes.
LOL, and here I thought it was breaking the law that made you a criminal