• 388,731 Topics
• 22,000 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arkansas Guards -  (Read 1122 times)

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
    • My YOUTUBE profile & vids
Arkansas Guards -
« on: April 12, 2017, 04:52:45 pm »

4 Star Khalil Garland is coming in to play the *Point Guard* position. 

Lets say the Hogs get a comittment from 4 Star Amauri Hardy.

Jaylen Barford has been running the Point the majority of last season with Anton Beard as the backup with RJ Glasper coming off the bench.

That leaves Daryl Macon & CJ Jones as the lone SG's with the departure of Hannah's. 

My question to the board is which players pegged as primary PG's will get a wealth of PT at the SG position???

Hog Fan...DOH!

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.
Re: Arkansas Guards -
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 05:07:18 pm »

4 Star Khalil Garland is coming in to play the *Point Guard* position. 

Lets say the Hogs get a comittment from 4 Star Amauri Hardy.

Jaylen Barford has been running the Point the majority of last season with Anton Beard as the backup with RJ Glasper coming off the bench.

That leaves Daryl Macon & CJ Jones as the lone SG's with the departure of Hannah's. 

My question to the board is which players pegged as primary PG's will get a wealth of PT at the SG position???

I'm not sure labeling guys "1-5" is applicable to a motion offense.  It's more just guards and posts.  Or at least, a PG then guards and posts.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

azhog10

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorback Basketball on the rise!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 06:09:52 pm »

Hardy can play the point and the two guard. Garland can play the point and the three. Barford can play the point or the three. Macon can play point or the two. Beard can play the point or the two. CJ can play the two or three. As you can see most of these guards are interchangeable. Macon, Barford, Garland, or Hardy could play the point at any given time. When we get the ball off makes or misses it's not uncommon for different guys to bring the ball up. This would give us much needed depth and allow us to utilize mismatches. If we had a PG or guard like Hardy, I think Macon cramping becomes less of an issue. Hardy can be lethal in pick and roll and also creating shots for others. He's also a plus shooter. Garland is more of a slasher, but also a good distributor of the rock. We will have a lot of flexibility by adding someone like Hardy to the roster.

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 09:14:04 pm »

Hardy can play the point and the two guard. Garland can play the point and the three. Barford can play the point or the three. Macon can play point or the two. Beard can play the point or the two. CJ can play the two or three. As you can see most of these guards are interchangeable. Macon, Barford, Garland, or Hardy could play the point at any given time. When we get the ball off makes or misses it's not uncommon for different guys to bring the ball up. This would give us much needed depth and allow us to utilize mismatches. If we had a PG or guard like Hardy, I think Macon cramping becomes less of an issue. Hardy can be lethal in pick and roll and also creating shots for others. He's also a plus shooter. Garland is more of a slasher, but also a good distributor of the rock. We will have a lot of flexibility by adding someone like Hardy to the roster.

Thank you sir

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 09:14:45 pm »

I'm not sure labeling guys "1-5" is applicable to a motion offense.  It's more just guards and posts.  Or at least, a PG then guards and posts.

True when you consider just about everyone touches the ball.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas