Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Q for board: 2018 SFs

Started by hogwood, May 02, 2017, 06:10:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

Looks like we are piling on the offers for SFs in 2018. Which of these do you think would be the best fit for our needs - and which one would you rather have? (Still including Brown just for comparison/conversation)

DJ Williams-Weaver 6'8" 195

Rodgerick Brown 6'6" 200

Josh Leblanc 6'5" 180

Kevin Easley 6'6" 210

The_Bionic_Pig

I'm thinking maybe they go after (2) because if Brachen Hazen or Andrio Bailey don't command playing time by season's end and decide a transfer for a better opportunity.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

King Kong

I like Kevin Easley the best.

It appears it will be DJ

Hawg Red

Quote from: King Kong on May 02, 2017, 08:35:15 am
I like Kevin Easley the best.

It appears it will be DJ

This is kind of where I'm at.

NoogaHog

So is Rodgerick Brown no longer in play? I must have missed something.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Hawg Red

Quote from: NoogaHog on May 02, 2017, 09:18:27 am
So is Rodgerick Brown no longer in play? I must have missed something.

He is picking up almost exclusively mid-major offers and has named UAB is new leader. It's very possible the staff has gone away from him.

JayHog

I want Rodgerick Brown!  I'm not sure what's going on with him, or why we aren't pulling the trigger on it, or why all these small school are the only ones offering him lately. But I think we need a gritty player like that at forward.
We are always so terrible at rebounding as a team. We need a guy like this that can do the dirty work as a forward so it doesn't always just fall on our center to grab every loose ball.

NWAHog479

Wichita State is now in the mix and that's a school that's tough for us to recruit against... Basketball is king on that campus and they have been consistently in the tourney in recent years.

King Kong

Quote from: NWAHog479 on May 02, 2017, 02:26:48 pm
Wichita State is now in the mix and that's a school that's tough for us to recruit against... Basketball is king on that campus and they have been consistently in the tourney in recent years.

The recruiting rankings do not back this up

mhuff

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on May 02, 2017, 07:18:26 am
I'm thinking maybe they go after (2) because if Brachen Hazen or Andrio Bailey don't command playing time by season's end and decide a transfer for a better opportunity.

Dwight_K_Shrute

What I would really like to see is a 6' 8" + big man in the 240 lb+ range that can bang around down low rebound and score.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Letsroll1200

ChaddyDaddy

Give me Kevin Easley, he makes it look easy. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: NWAHog479 on May 02, 2017, 02:26:48 pm

We beat them out for Bailey.

I want LeBlanc if Weaver can't get healthy. A healthy Weaver is a like an Iguadola with a better shot.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 02, 2017, 05:01:33 pm
What I would really like to see is a 6' 8" + big man in the 240 lb+ range that can bang around down low rebound and score.

LOL

hdturner

hogwood

Quote from: JayHog on May 02, 2017, 09:27:39 am
I want Rodgerick Brown!  I'm not sure what's going on with him, or why we aren't pulling the trigger on it, or why all these small school are the only ones offering him lately. But I think we need a gritty player like that at forward.
We are always so terrible at rebounding as a team. We need a guy like this that can do the dirty work as a forward so it doesn't always just fall on our center to grab every loose ball.

I agree there. Rod looks like a stellar fit IMO. A double double machine and a two-way player...

But if Brown is out I guess I'm going with DJ as I think he's got the most upside.

hogwood

Anyone in the know - should Jacobi Gordon be included on this list still?

navyhog24

Quote from: hogwood on May 03, 2017, 06:18:38 am
I agree there. Rod looks like a stellar fit IMO. A double double machine and a two-way player...

But if Brown is out I guess I'm going with DJ as I think he's got the most upside.

DJ also has the chemistry building with the other Hawks commits as well

mhuff

Certainly Weaver has potential ,but I am concerned that his health ie. physical condition will allow him to reach fullest potential.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

NWAHog479

The Hawks coaches obviously don't feel that way, he can barely get on the court for them right now. Rod Brown can barely be taken OFF of the court for Team Thad... Give me Brown > DJ 10 times out of 10.