Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dumpster Fire In College station

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, April 10, 2017, 12:06:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 12, 2017, 04:49:05 pm
The comment:
"a lot of Texas kids that can't get into A&M or TU go to Arky."

is the one that got me a little hot under the collar.

Well, it's true to certain extent. Anyone that is in the top 10% of their class in high school in Texass is ahead of other students who may have better grades and test scores from another high school. We get a lot of kids who can't get in to aTm or UT.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 12, 2017, 08:38:36 am
My point is there was a complete reset in their thinking when they joined the SEC (Texans can now play in the SEC and stay closer to home than having to go to LSU or Arkansas to play the best competion) and when they showed they were serious about competing when they stopped sucking Texass' tit and put nearly half a billion into a remodeling job on their erector set stadium...

Since then we haven't beaten them even though we should have—twice.  Nevertheless we have not beat them. 

They are 4-0 in the new era.  Those years in the SWC don't count anymore in my book.  But go ahead and count them if it makes you feel better...

Records are records. They are eternal. I count every damn game Arkansas has played. Same for any other team.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hollywood_HOGan45

After the last two regular season games in 16, the only games Im counting as wins are Coastal Carolina, Fla a&m, and NM State.

secneahog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 12, 2017, 06:41:18 pm
After the last two regular season games in 16, the only games Im counting as wins are Coastal Carolina, Fla a&m, and NM State.

oh ok
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Russ22

Quote from: ricepig on April 12, 2017, 05:12:23 pm
Well, it's true to certain extent. Anyone that is in the top 10% of their class in high school in Texass is ahead of other students who may have better grades and test scores from another high school. We get a lot of kids who can't get in to aTm or UT.
According to the U of A, in 2016 there were 14431 students from Arkansas were enrolled. There were 5511 students from Texas enrolled in that same year.

Data from www.collegedata.com
Average Test Scores
Arkansas:     SAT Math 570, SAT Reading 555, SAT Writing NR,  ACT Composite 26
Texas A&M:    SAT Math 608, SAT Reading 581, SAT Writing 552, ACT Composite 27
Texas:        SAT Math 655, SAT Reading 628, SAT Writing 621, ACT Composite 29

UG Enrollment
Arkansas  22159
Texas A&M 48960
Texas     39619

It is true that many students leave Texas for Arkansas because they are shut out of the state's two flagship schools. They are typically very good students from the DFW area (East Texas) that can qualify for in-state tuition because of the U of A's generous policy on that. It is also easier to get admitted directly to the U of A rather than some sort of Blinn College -> Texas A&M program or Texas State -> UTa program. They choose Arkansas because of several factors including the great student environment and the location in Fayetteville. I believe this is one of the major factors that keep the Arkansas administrators keen on keeping the game in Cowboy Stadium as long as possible.

For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

hogcard1964

Hoggish1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 12, 2017, 05:58:46 pm
Records are records. They are eternal. I count every damn game Arkansas has played. Same for any other team.

Fine.  Keep doing it.  Nothing wrong with all time.  But I can tell you the suckin' aggies don't count the SWC anymore...  They think their move away from Texass and all their $ has re-set the field...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 13, 2017, 08:28:19 pm
Fine.  Keep doing it.  Nothing wrong with all time.  But I can tell you the suckin' aggies don't count the SWC anymore...  They think their move away from Texass and all their $ has re-set the field...

Yes they still count any and all games.  It has reset only which conference they play in just like us and others. If you look at their record it doesn't start the year they started SEC play.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

buldozer

I just hope it burns all the way to the ground before we play them and their coach gets suspended for some reason..... then maybe we can put a smack down on them. After having them beat twice and letting them escape, I want every advantage we can get this year

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.