Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football practice this weekend

Started by cfdhawg, April 06, 2017, 12:32:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cfdhawg

Gonna be on the hill this weekend for baseball. Is it possible to check out football practice Friday or Saturday?

ricepig

Quote from: cfdhawg on April 06, 2017, 12:32:59 pm
Gonna be on the hill this weekend for baseball. Is it possible to check out football practice Friday or Saturday?

Only if you are a recruit, parent of a player, or a BM Platinum member.......seriously, it would probably require one of those, or a good friend who is.

cfdhawg

ricepig

Quote from: cfdhawg on April 06, 2017, 03:43:47 pm
Thanks!

Also, the only practice is on Saturday, it'll be a scrimmage. They're practicing on Tuesday's, Thursday's, and Saturday's this spring.

FANONTHEHILL

At the conclusion of practice today, they moved tomorrow's (Friday) team activities up to 2:30 pm to give the guys more rest.  Coach also said that the Saturday schedule would be given to the team tomorrow.  So the guys don't even know when practice is Saturday yet.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

FANONTHEHILL

To add to my previous post, originally the practice was at 11am.  Not sure why/if that will change when they meet Friday at 2:30.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

RazorRed26

Does anyone know when they will open their one practice to everyone?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

:puke:
Quote from: RazorRed26 on April 07, 2017, 06:19:57 am
April 29th  ;D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

I don't even know if they are going to use the stadium until the 29th, no room on the practice fields.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2017, 07:52:37 am
I don't even know if they are going to use the stadium until the 29th, no room on the practice fields.
Tomorrow, Saturday the 8th, is supposed to be in the stadium.  They will go from the 50 and in heading into the south end zone.  It will be my first time inside since construction began.  I'll try to get some pictures and post them.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 07, 2017, 11:11:15 am
Tomorrow, Saturday the 8th, is supposed to be in the stadium.  They will go from the 50 and in heading into the south end zone.  It will be my first time inside since construction began.  I'll try to get some pictures and post them.
How is it that you are allowed to watch when it is closed to the public? To me if they let some fans in it ought to be open to them all.

bennyl08

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 07, 2017, 01:25:23 pm
How is it that you are allowed to watch when it is closed to the public? To me if they let some fans in it ought to be open to them all.

Parent of a player.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 07, 2017, 01:27:48 pm
Parent of a player.

Sort of like the old American Express commercials, "Membership has it's privileges".

FANONTHEHILL

Coach Bielema is great with player families and allowing access to practice. By the way, when I mentioned "I'll post pictures" above, that's of the construction.  It's common sense that there should be no pics ever taken during practice.

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 07, 2017, 02:33:20 pm
Coach Bielema is great with player families and allowing access to practice. By the way, when I mentioned "I'll post pictures" above, that's of the construction.  It's common sense that there should be no pics ever taken during practice.

The media takes plenty, along with video.

bennyl08

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2017, 02:37:37 pm
The media takes plenty, along with video.

Only allowed during the first 10-30 minutes or so IIRC.

Namely, I remember it was a similar restriction to when the practices were open during the Petrino years. You could get some cool pictures being that close to the action, but it would suck having to go back to put your camera away before the cool stuff happened.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 07, 2017, 02:56:21 pm

Namely, I remember it was a similar restriction to when the practices were open during the Petrino years. You could get some cool pictures being that close to the action, but it would suck having to go back to put your camera away before the cool stuff happened.

They were allowed in for 65 minutes last Saturday, and will be there for the entire scrimmage tomorrow.

OnTheHillHogFan

They usually don't open any practices in the spring to the public but in the fall there has been one open scrimmage each year.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

RazorRed26

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 07, 2017, 07:25:35 am
:puke:April 29th  ;D

I'll keep that in mind.  In the past CBB opens a practice up a week or two before the red/white game.

RazorRed26

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on April 07, 2017, 05:44:14 pm
They usually don't open any practices in the spring to the public but in the fall there has been one open scrimmage each year.

Incorrect.  CBB has always open 1 and only 1 before the red/white game. 

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: RazorRed26 on April 07, 2017, 05:46:59 pm
Incorrect.  CBB has always open 1 and only 1 before the red/white game. 

With all the construction, I would imagine that April 29th may be all there is this year.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Mike Irwin

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 07, 2017, 02:33:20 pm
Glad you cleared that up. That was my main concern. They close practice for a reason.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 07, 2017, 02:56:21 pm

Namely, I remember it was a similar restriction to when the practices were open during the Petrino years. You could get some cool pictures being that close to the action, but it would suck having to go back to put your camm era away before the cool stuff happened.
15 minutes today. All we're going to be able to show is warm ups. That's standard. You have to go all the way back to Hatfield when we were last allowed to shoot game action at a scrimmage.

In fact the last one I remember involved Ed Orgeron. He was a weight room grad assistant. Our camera was about half way up on the west side. Other cameras were scattered about. Suddenly Ed showed up and stuck his belly in front of the lense of our camera.

I asked him, "What's the deal, man." He said, "Coach says cut it."

Pointing out all the other cameras I said, "Come on man. Everybody is shooting. This was arranged before this thing started."

He stood there and repeated, "Coach says cut it."

I was like, "Cut what? We're all shooting."

He was not going to move so we had to give up. I walked up to the press box and asked Rick Schaeffer to find out what was going on. I pointed out that every other TV station was still shooting. He was too scared to asked Hatfield while the scrimmage was going on even though the whole situation clearly made no sense.

So after the scrimmage we find out from Hatfield that he thought our shooter was a HS coach. The annual coaching clinic was going on that week and he said he told Orgeron to go up and tell that coach he really didn't need to shoot. He would provide a copy of the scrimmage after it was over.

Years later when Orgeron popped up as an assistant coach and then as Ole Miss' head coach I was thinking he must have had a brain transplant.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 08, 2017, 07:18:58 am
15 minutes today. All we're going to be able to show is warm ups. That's standard. You have to go all the way back to Hatfield when we were last allowed to shoot game action at a scrimmage.

In fact the last one I remember involved Ed Orgeron. He was a weight room grad assistant. Our camera was about half way up on the west side. Other cameras were scattered about. Suddenly Ed showed up and stuck his belly in front of the lense of our camera.

I asked him, "What's the deal, man." He said, "Coach says cut it."

Pointing out all the other cameras I said, "Come on man. Everybody is shooting. This was arranged before this thing started."

He stood there and repeated, "Coach says cut it."

I was like, "Cut what? We're all shooting."

He was not going to move so we had to give up. I walked up to the press box and asked Rick Schaeffer to find out what was going on. I pointed out that every other TV station was still shooting. He was too scared to asked Hatfield while the scrimmage was going on even though the whole situation clearly made no sense.

So after the scrimmage we find out from Hatfield that he thought our shooter was a HS coach. The annual coaching clinic was going on that week and he said he told Orgeron to go up and tell that coach he really didn't need to shoot. He would provide a copy of the scrimmage after it was over.

Years later when Orgeron popped up as an assistant coach and then as Ole Miss' head coach I was thinking he must have had a brain transplant.

So......you're saying Hatfield thought you were coaching material?    8)

EastMemphisHog

Any idea what time they are practicing?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 07, 2017, 05:35:51 am
To add to my previous post, originally the practice was at 11am.  Not sure why/if that will change when they meet Friday at 2:30.

Quote from: cshivley1 on April 08, 2017, 10:35:24 am
Any idea what time they are practicing?
Go Hogs Go!

Mike Irwin