Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Common SEC Opponents for last 2 coaches

Started by gchamblee, April 05, 2017, 05:36:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on April 18, 2017, 11:41:53 am
CBB did better against LSU, Bama and Ole Miss that CBP did, but you ignore those and pick the 2 that CBP did better against and claim those are the measuring stick for high quality teams. the results re what they are, regardless of how you try to manipulate them.

How did he (Bielema) do "better" against Bama and LSU?

They-CBP and CBB have identical records against them over the same period of time?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 18, 2017, 12:44:15 pm
How did he (Bielema) do "better" against Bama and LSU?

They-CBP and CBB have identical records against them over the same period of time?

I am guessing but probably he is considering the degree of the losses. People fondly remember CBP's dynamic offense, but forget about his pathetic defenses.

I crunched the numbers for Bama as LSU is probably not much different.

Petrino

2008 L 14-49 

2009 L 7-35

2010 L 20-24

2011 L 14-38
—————————————————

Total 55-146

Bielema

2013 L 0-52

2014 L 13-14

2015 L 14-27

2016 L 30-49
———————————————————

Total 57-142

Other than CBB's first year we have played Bama pretty close. For CBP he had only one close year. And what is very interesting is CBP is known for his offenses, but CBB has scored just as many points.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

gchamblee

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 18, 2017, 04:21:31 pm
I am guessing but probably he is considering the degree of the losses. People fondly remember CBP's dynamic offense, but forget about his pathetic defenses.

I crunched the numbers for Bama as LSU is probably not much different.

Petrino

2008 L 14-49 

2009 L 7-35

2010 L 20-24

2011 L 14-38
—————————————————

Total 55-146

Bielema

2013 L 0-52

2014 L 13-14

2015 L 14-27

2016 L 30-49
———————————————————

Total 57-142

Other than CBB's first year we have played Bama pretty close. For CBP he had only one close year. And what is very interesting is CBP is known for his offenses, but CBB has scored just as many points.

Ya I was looking at margin of victory/loss when making that statement. The shade throwers will analyze our close wins and make statements based on margin of victory, but when it comes to Petrino they claim a win is all that matters. They like that tactic when it benefits them and dismiss it when it does not.

We all get on here and act human, trying to stress our point of view.  It seems to me that stressing your point of view is about the #1 thing that is and should be on this Website. 

What maybe should be unacceptable, IN MY OPINION, is harshly calling people out that don't agree with you.  Many thoughts posted on here can be either agreed to or disagreed to and backed up by actual facts while many other things are someone's summation of what they see and nothing more.  It is simply their opinion. 

Being rude about the opinion of another poster would lead me to believe that the one being rude sees his post and opinion as superior to others for whatever reason.  Its almost as if he has a superior position and all others should see this and that you are stupid and proved as such simply by not seeing and understanding.  It is as if just by noting who the poster is, that you have just been blessed by his presence on the thread.

hogcard1964

Quote from: 12247 on April 22, 2017, 04:30:23 pm
We all get on here and act human, trying to stress our point of view.  It seems to me that stressing your point of view is about the #1 thing that is and should be on this Website. 

What maybe should be unacceptable, IN MY OPINION, is harshly calling people out that don't agree with you.  Many thoughts posted on here can be either agreed to or disagreed to and backed up by actual facts while many other things are someone's summation of what they see and nothing more.  It is simply their opinion. 

Being rude about the opinion of another poster would lead me to believe that the one being rude sees his post and opinion as superior to others for whatever reason.  Its almost as if he has a superior position and all others should see this and that you are stupid and proved as such simply by not seeing and understanding.  It is as if just by noting who the poster is, that you have just been blessed by his presence on the thread.

+1000

Very nice post.