Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Honest Opinion, do you think Arkansas looks better this year than last year?

Started by Ben, April 05, 2017, 12:05:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

Quote from: LZH on April 10, 2017, 11:38:11 am
You don't remember the "we can play with anyone now" mentality back then?  BP changed the 'poor little Arkansas' culture....made us feel like we could beat anybody on any given Saturday.  These days all that has seemed to have been dumbed down.

Im asking you to tell me who are the big boys we were winning against. The only people that had their "poor lil ole arkansas" mentality altered by CBP were those that had that mentality to begin with, which wasnt all of us. But again, I think your perception is misaligned with reality. Other than the South Carolina team he beat, who is a big boy that we won against? He lost his big games here, which is his M.O.

What he did do is sometimes feast on and sometimes struggle against mediocre teams.

Again, before you respond to this post keep in mind what I am asking you to do, which is name a "big boy" that he beat while here. He went 2-2 against LSU but so has Bielema who did it with a better overall margin of difference. He went 0-4 against Bama but so has Bielema who did it with a better overall margin of difference.

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on April 10, 2017, 11:52:32 am
Absolutely right. I don't give a tinkers you know what who the Hogs beat and didn't beat in the 2011 season, that final #5 national ranking means the Hogs were playing with the big boys. I agree with the "dumbed down" part too.

LMAO we were not playing with the "big boys" haha. We were getting beat by the big boys. Remember, you have already established that closes losses are still a pathetic loss.

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on April 10, 2017, 12:08:37 pm
LMAO we were not playing with the "big boys" haha. We were getting beat by the big boys. Remember, you have already established that closes losses are still a pathetic loss.

What I said was true and to top it off, the Hogs beat a top 10 ranked Kansas State team in the Cotton Bowl that year. Heck, the year before, they had Ohio State beaten in the Sugar Bowl but for a critical mistake by a young freshman on a blocked Ohio State punt late in the game. The Hogs were indeed "playing with the big boys".
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on April 10, 2017, 12:15:39 pm
What I said was true and to top it off, the Hogs beat a top 10 ranked Kansas State team in the Cotton Bowl that year. Heck, the year before, they had Ohio State beaten in the Sugar Bowl but for a critical mistake by a young freshman on a blocked Ohio State punt late in the game. The Hogs were indeed "playing with the big boys".

Arkansas had one of the ACC championship teams beaten in our bowl game last year if not for a senior receiver trying to hard to make something happen and fumbling the ball away deep in their territory. In 2016 we beat a highly ranked Florida team in a very dominant fashion.

LOL at you calling Kansas State a big boy. There are many ways to present a fact. You choose to sugarcoat CBP's and throw shade at CBB's because, well we all know why. Let me give a different presentation of the Ohio State game. We were the only SEC team Tressel was able to beat. We were not a big boy, we were the weak team from the SEC that finally allowed OSU to get the SEC monkey off their back. You don't blame CBP for Mallet throwing an interception late in the 4th when we were driving for the winning score, but you sure blame CBB for Allens second half collapses when he starts throwing interceptions.

Again, I'm not asking you guys to point out what big boys we lost to, I am asking you to point me to the big boys we were beating. I am still waiting. I have a feeling you are fine with close losses as long as you like our coach, but you use close losses as ammunition against a coach you don't like. You are inconsistent while denying that your opinions are emotional fragments of an agenda.

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on April 10, 2017, 12:34:20 pm
Arkansas had one of the ACC championship teams beaten in our bowl game last year if not for a senior receiver trying to hard to make something happen and fumbling the ball away deep in their territory. In 2016 we beat a highly ranked Florida team in a very dominant fashion.

LOL at you calling Kansas State a big boy. There are many ways to present a fact. You choose to sugarcoat CBP's and throw shade at CBB's because, well we all know why. Let me give a different presentation of the Ohio State game. We were the only SEC team Tressel was able to beat. We were not a big boy, we were the weak team from the SEC that finally allowed OSU to get the SEC monkey off their back. You don't blame CBP for Mallet throwing an interception late in the 4th when we were driving for the winning score, but you sure blame CBB for Allens second half collapses when he starts throwing interceptions.

Again, I'm not asking you guys to point out what big boys we lost to, I am asking you to point me to the big boys we were beating. I am still waiting. I have a feeling you are fine with close losses as long as you like our coach, but you use close losses as ammunition against a coach you don't like. You are inconsistent while denying that your opinions are emotional fragments of an agenda.

Your presentation of the Ohio State game is wrong. That final drive where Mallett threw the interception would not have happened if that young freshman had not made the critical mistake of falling on the blocked Ohio State punt rather than picking it up and walking into the end zone for the TD. That critical mistake totally changed the complexion of that game

I happen to like Bret Bielema and I badly want him to have great success here but so far he hasn't gotten the job done and I won't turn a blind eye to that like you do.

I also see no need to tear other coach's accomplishments down in order to try and make Bret look good like you do. The simple fact is so far, Bret hasn't gotten the job done. As I stated in an earlier post though, I believe this year could very well be the year when he starts getting the job done.

Kansas State, by the way, was a big boy in 2011. they weren't ranked in the top 10 when the played the Hogs for no reason. When a team is ranked in the top 10 going into their bowl game, they are indeed one of the "Big Boys".

hogcard1964

Quote from: GuvHog on April 10, 2017, 12:53:39 pm
Your presentation of the Ohio State game is wrong. That final drive where Mallett threw the interception would not have happened if that young freshman had not made the critical mistake of falling on the blocked Ohio State punt rather than picking it up and walking into the end zone for the TD. That critical mistake totally changed the complexion of that game

I happen to like Bret Bielema and I badly want him to have great success here but so far he hasn't gotten the job done and I won't turn a blind eye to that like you do.

I also see no need to tear other coach's accomplishments down in order to try and make Bret look good like you do. The simple fact is so far, Bret hasn't gotten the job done. As I stated in an earlier post though, I believe this year could very well be the year when he starts getting the job done.

Kansas State, by the way, was a big boy in 2011. they weren't ranked in the top 10 when the played the Hogs for no reason. When a team is ranked in the top 10 going into their bowl game, they are indeed one of the "Big Boys".

+1000

Well said

It is possible to like both coaches, but also to point out the obvious.

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on April 10, 2017, 12:53:39 pm

That freshman did what he was coached to do. Mallet, the senior, did what he was coached not to do. I'm not tearing down anything CBP did, I am simply correcting your embellishments of his accomplishments while here. And regardless of how you spin it, Kansas state is not a big boy. If you need proof, they didn't beat CBP like every big boy team does.

HiggiePiggy

So pretty much we haven't beaten any big boys in over a decade?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

gchamblee

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 10, 2017, 02:54:17 pm
Cool it fellas. This type of stuff is unnecessary.

Apologies Muskogee, I didn't mean to take the thread into the weeds.

PorkRinds

Quote from: gchamblee on April 10, 2017, 02:59:34 pm
Apologies Muskogee, I didn't mean to take the thread into the weeds.

Your owning of the trolls in this thread has been a thing of beauty. It isn't always, but this time it was.

theshiva

Defense can't get worse. Offense will improve will Oline experience. So yeah, it's a pretty safe bet that Arkansas will be better.

The question then becomes has the rest of the SEC become better or worse? Just because we get better doesn't mean it will translate to wins.

hogcard1964

hogcard1964

Quote from: theshiva on April 10, 2017, 03:17:18 pm
Defense can't get worse. Offense will improve will Oline experience. So yeah, it's a pretty safe bet that Arkansas will be better.

The question then becomes has the rest of the SEC become better or worse? Just because we get better doesn't mean it will translate to wins.

I can't imagine the D being any worse, but I don't know how the offense could possibly improve?  We've lost some solid WRs.

311Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 10, 2017, 03:57:43 pm
I can't imagine the D being any worse, but I don't know how the offense could possibly improve?  We've lost some solid WRs.

that is true but i think we may have upgraded the talent lvl with the incoming WR class.

PorkSoda

Quote from: 311Hog on April 10, 2017, 04:07:06 pm
that is true but i think we may have upgraded the talent lvl with the incoming WR class.
they are going to get the chance to prove themselves
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MuskogeeHogFan

One thing that they can do is improve their rushing yardage on 1st and 2nd downs.

As an example, Vs. TCU on 1st down in the 1st half we rushed 10 times for a grand total of 27 yards. 2.7 yards per rush on average. On 2nd down in the first half we rushed 8 times for 50 yards which seems better until you understand that on one of those plays we  gained 37 yards. Other than that we averaged 1.9 yards per rush.

In the 2nd half we rushed on 1st down 8 times for 20 yards, an average of 2.5 yards per rush and those results are skewed a bit by a single 12 yards rush. On 2nd down we rushed 5 times for 21 yards averaging 4.2 yards per rush which is closer to what we should be getting even though a second down gain of 5 yards would be more preferred.

Without looking at other games I would suspect that we see some similar results but the bottom line is that as an offense, if we hope to keep the ball and keep moving the chains, we need to have more 4-5 yard rushing gains on 1st down rather than fewer.
Go Hogs Go!

HiggiePiggy

On offense wide receivers in my opinion are 4th in importance.  1st we have top qb with same oc coming back. 2nd the Oline should be better 3rd the Rbs are all returning.  We should be much better on offense.  The question which I have asked a lot and is a huge unknown is what are we going to do when second half comes. That has been a huge problem almost every year except for Brandon allens last year.  We rank in the 100s with last year being the worst of 123rd in offense in the second half.  So adjustments need to be seen in the second half so that we can avoid huge melt downs like our last 2 games.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

PorkRinds

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 10, 2017, 05:35:56 pm
One thing that they can do is improve their rushing yardage on 1st and 2nd downs.

As an example, Vs. TCU on 1st down in the 1st half we rushed 10 times for a grand total of 27 yards. 2.7 yards per rush on average. On 2nd down in the first half we rushed 8 times for 50 yards which seems better until you understand that on one of those plays we  gained 37 yards. Other than that we averaged 1.9 yards per rush.

In the 2nd half we rushed on 1st down 8 times for 20 yards, an average of 2.5 yards per rush and those results are skewed a bit by a single 12 yards rush. On 2nd down we rushed 5 times for 21 yards averaging 4.2 yards per rush which is closer to what we should be getting even though a second down gain of 5 yards would be more preferred.

Without looking at other games I would suspect that we see some similar results but the bottom line is that as an offense, if we hope to keep the ball and keep moving the chains, we need to have more 4-5 yard rushing gains on 1st down rather than fewer.

100% agreed. Our inability to run on first down was a huge part of our problem last year. If you get decent yardage on first it opens up the playbook for 2nd and keeps them guessing. Not to mention avoiding 3rd and long.

wildhogman

We lost a solid QB in Brandon, and yet Enos had Austin clicking pretty good at times last year.  We had solid WR's who were well coached. You agree with that?  Did we change WR coach?  If not then I expect to see talented WR's playing good football and looking well coached.  They may not improve much, but I doubt there is much fall off either.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 10, 2017, 06:14:10 pm
100% agreed. Our inability to run on first down was a huge part of our problem last year. If you get decent yardage on first it opens up the playbook for 2nd and keeps them guessing. Not to mention avoiding 3rd and long.

And that is largely why we ranked #70 out of 128 teams in offensive 3rd down conversion percentage with just a 39.8% success rate with just A&M, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and S. Carolina below us in the SEC.
Go Hogs Go!

lakecityhog

PLEASE quit disrespecting the 100 or so kids that played during the Petrino years! Those kids played their guts out and won 21 games in 2 years and they should be lauded for that for years to come.
They beat ATM EVERY time they played them, they handled Auburn quite well and beat a pretty good Georgia team on the road.

I want to throw up every time I read this TRIPE about Petrino playing a weaker league and he beat nobody and he couldn't beat Bama. I got news for you idiots, nobody was beating Bama then, just like now!!!

BB is a grown-assed man and can stand on his own, he doesn't need to be propped-up by people on a message board.

gchamblee

Quote from: lakecityhog on April 10, 2017, 08:05:37 pm
PLEASE quit disrespecting the 100 or so kids that played during the Petrino years! Those kids played their guts out and won 21 games in 2 years and they should be lauded for that for years to come.
They beat ATM EVERY time they played them, they handled Auburn quite well and beat a pretty good Georgia team on the road.

I want to throw up every time I read this TRIPE about Petrino playing a weaker league and he beat nobody and he couldn't beat Bama. I got news for you idiots, nobody was beating Bama then, just like now!!!

BB is a grown-assed man and can stand on his own, he doesn't need to be propped-up by people on a message board.

Hawgar The Horrible

Juvenile. CBB doesn't need propping up, but apparently you do considering your aversion to anyone that does support him.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: gchamblee on April 10, 2017, 09:49:41 am
We set a school record for offense in that game, and you are using our offense as a reason we could have lost that game? Get out of here with that weak crap.

Using your line of reasoning, if Drew Morgan hadn't fumbled the ball away down close to the endzone we wouldn't have lost to VT in the bowl game. But ya, his fumble is proof that our coaches cant make half time adjustments.

.....WTH are you even talking about? Where in my post did I mention coaches not making halftime adjustments??

And yeah, if Drew doesn't fumble the ball we would have won. That small glimmer of confidence would have made the difference and killed the confidence of our opponent.

Instead, he fumbled, killing our spirit and igniting theirs. So yeah, that one play more than any cost us the game

PorkRinds

C- for effort.

Pork Twain

Quote from: LZH on April 10, 2017, 11:38:11 am
You don't remember the "we can play with anyone now" mentality back then?  BP changed the 'poor little Arkansas' culture....made us feel like we could beat anybody on any given Saturday.  These days all that has seemed to have been dumbed down.
I remember that.  I also remember posters on here going after him every time the defense did not step up or a good defense would shut us down.  I have never felt like beating a team like Bama or Ohio St was a given, no matter who our coach was.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 10, 2017, 08:56:32 am
Same here...  It is just a game and no team will ever drag me down with a loss.  Maybe it is the life that I was able to experience in the military and now with the DoD, and the broadened world-view it provided me with.  Maybe it is my and my wife's personal struggles early in life.  Whatever it is, I feel nothing but shame and disgust for the way many talk about the coaches and players if we do not play a certain way or win a certain game.  Easy for keyboard coward to tear others down.  It is very likely that both the coaches and the players are far superior to anything we will find on here.  Like the rest of us, they are doing the best they can on a daily basis and likely working far harder than most of us.

I agree. Having been an expat for 12 years I kept running into other highly successful business people who were alums. I became very proud of this small school producing grads spreading across the globe.

I love my Hogs, yet sports is not the only good thing happening on The Hill. And academics is the main reason for any school.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 10, 2017, 09:38:29 am
I keep seeing people talk about the defense staying in their base like it's a terrible disappointment. Here's my question. What the hell did you think they would do? It's their first scrimmage for the new defense. Don't you think they NEED to spend some time in the base defense before they start adding new calls and stunt/blitz packages? After all you have to build on a solid foundation. They wanted to make sure all the guys understand their basic assignments before throwing wrinkles at them.  Which is what you have to do. It's like teaching a kid algebra before he knows multiplication and basic math.

And CBB clearly stated they stayed in the base for the benefit of the offense.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: GuvHog on April 10, 2017, 11:26:12 am
Any criticism CBB gets this year he will have brought on himself. Since the day he first stepped on campus as the new Hog football head coach, he has repeatedly stated that his 5th year at Arkansas will be "THE" year. When a coach makes comments like that as frequently as he has, he should be expected to back them up. If he can't then maybe it will be time for him to move on.

That being said, I have a feeling the Hogs will be better this year than some on this board expect them to be.

I watch all of his pressers and I never heard him say that.

ChitownHawg

I guess you feel CBP does? LOL

PorkRinds

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 11, 2017, 06:29:04 am
And CBB clearly stated they stayed in the base for the benefit of the offense.

Link? I read the exact opposite.

QuoteThere was confirmation afterwards from Arkansas coach Bret Bielema. The base technique was the point of emphasis for the first six practices, the slants and stunts will be added in the next week.
"No movement so far," Bielema said. "We have asked our front three to just eat up linemen and keep our linebackers free. And, it's a different concept from what we've played. We have not moved them through today.
"That's going to change now. Next Saturday when you see it, it will be a different level up front."

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/apr/08/state-hogs-defense-needs-bells-and-whistles/

So where did CBB say it was to benefit the offense? That quote says the opposite.

Al Boarland

Quote from: theshiva on April 10, 2017, 03:17:18 pm

Actually the defense can get worse.  There are some promising new/returning QB's in the SEC.  My expectation is scoring is about to go up in the league.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 11, 2017, 06:54:31 am
Link? I read the exact opposite.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/apr/08/state-hogs-defense-needs-bells-and-whistles/

So where did CBB say it was to benefit the offense? That quote says the opposite.

Saturday presser. But read the quote you provided. The reporter clearly states they clarified with CBB after the presser. I went back to listen and I can see why the reporters wanted clarification as CBB was a bit vague why they stayed in the base.

Seems you are not happy with my statement - why?

hogcard1964

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on April 10, 2017, 05:42:43 pm
On offense wide receivers in my opinion are 4th in importance.  1st we have top qb with same oc coming back. 2nd the Oline should be better 3rd the Rbs are all returning.  We should be much better on offense.  The question which I have asked a lot and is a huge unknown is what are we going to do when second half comes. That has been a huge problem almost every year except for Brandon allens last year.  We rank in the 100s with last year being the worst of 123rd in offense in the second half.  So adjustments need to be seen in the second half so that we can avoid huge melt downs like our last 2 games.

How has the O-Line improved?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 11, 2017, 07:34:24 am

You read what he said, the O-Line "should" be better. It's an assumption that with another year of strength and speed conditioning, another year in technique under Anderson and increased experienced depth "should" lead to improvement, all of which was mentioned by Enos in one of his pressers.

An opinion just like yours, that we won't be improved.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 11, 2017, 07:34:24 am

The Oline is deeper and more experienced this year. That was a young, thin unit last year with a lot of inexperience and it showed.

lahawg1

No, I really don't think we will be better enough to make a difference. We may make a tiny gain but not enough.

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 11, 2017, 07:43:36 am
You read what he said, the O-Line "should" be better. It's an assumption that with another year of strength and speed conditioning, another year in technique under Anderson and increased experienced depth "should" lead to improvement, all of which was mentioned by Enos in one of his pressers.

An opinion just like yours, that we won't be improved.

I thought I said defensively we should be better, but I was concerned about our receivers on the offensive side?

GuvHog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 10, 2017, 09:04:03 pm
CBB doesn't need propping up, but apparently you do considering your aversion to anyone that does support him.

I'll speak for myself here. I agree that CBB doesn't need propping up, He can stand on his own 2 feet and I have no problem with those who support him because, as I mentioned earlier, I'm part of that group. However, I see no reason to tear down a former coach's accomplishments at Arkansas in an effort to make CBB look good. To me, that's an insult to CBB and isn't right.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 11, 2017, 07:32:01 am
Saturday presser. But read the quote you provided. The reporter clearly states they clarified with CBB after the presser. I went back to listen and I can see why the reporters wanted clarification as CBB was a bit vague why they stayed in the base.

Seems you are not happy with my statement - why?

Because it wasn't true. They stayed in th base because they have to learn and be well versed in it first before they make it more complicated. I also like how you replaced the word confirmation with clarification. It was very clear. The article is talking about Henry discussing them being in the base defense with former players and people who would know why they were.  Then they confirmed that with CBB. Had nothing to do with clarification. He was pretty clear.  I'd like to see the quote you're discussing because I watched the presser and didn't ever see him make the statement you've claimed.

PorkRinds

Quote from: GuvHog on April 11, 2017, 08:05:37 am
I'll speak for myself here. I agree that CBB doesn't need propping up, He can stand on his own 2 feet and I have no problem with those who support him because, as I mentioned earlier, I'm part of that group. However, I see no reason to tear down a former coach's accomplishments at Arkansas in an effort to make CBB look good. To me, that's an insult to CBB and isn't right.

Petrino was a [CENSORED] who didn't win the big games. It is what it is. He has the opposit of the Midas touch. Everything he touches eventually turns to crap, not gold.

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 11, 2017, 08:13:39 am
Petrine was a [CENSORED] who didn't win the big games. It is what it is. He has the opposit of the Midas touch. Everyone using he touched eventually turns to crap, not gold.

There's more to a football season than just beating Bama and LSU. The #5 final ranking after the 2011 season is proof of that. There are 12 games in a season, not 2.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 11, 2017, 08:13:39 am
Petrine was a [CENSORED] who didn't win the big games. It is what it is. He has the opposit of the Midas touch. Everyone using he touched eventually turns to crap, not gold.

Quote from: GuvHog on April 11, 2017, 08:24:19 am
There's more to a football season than just beating Bama and LSU. The #5 final ranking after the 2011 season is proof of that. There are 12 games in a season, not 2.

Neither of which has anything at all to do with the topic at hand:  Honest Opinion, do you think Arkansas looks better this year than last year?
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 11, 2017, 08:30:57 am
Neither of which has anything at all to do with the topic at hand:  Honest Opinion, do you think Arkansas looks better this year than last year?

They appear to be a bit better, but I expect the same results.

lather, rinse, repeat...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 11, 2017, 08:53:28 am
They appear to be a bit better, but I expect the same results.

lather, rinse, repeat...

Snarky, but at least on topic.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 10, 2017, 11:41:49 am
+1000

We're essentially Texas Tech now.

Oh '64, don't even take me there.....TT?  Good Lord, how far have we slipped?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 11, 2017, 08:08:39 am
Because it wasn't true. They stayed in th base because they have to learn and be well versed in it first before they make it more complicated. I also like how you replaced the word confirmation with clarification. It was very clear. The article is talking about Henry discussing them being in the base defense with former players and people who would know why they were.  Then they confirmed that with CBB. Had nothing to do with clarification. He was pretty clear.  I'd like to see the quote you're discussing because I watched the presser and didn't ever see him make the statement you've claimed.

If it was crystal clear then why did they need a confirmation? I tend not to confirm things that are crystal clear.

Look you are looking to argue with someone and I will not. I simply made a statement which with Henry's article shows I misunderstood CBB's statements.

I said I rewatched the segment and admitted he was not as clearly spoken as I remember. Henry's article brings in more points from CBB which makes it clear why they were in the base. I am happy with his confirmation.

Go argue with one of the posters who hates CBB.

LZH

Quote from: gchamblee on April 10, 2017, 12:01:23 pm
Im asking you to tell me who are the big boys we were winning against. The only people that had their "poor lil ole arkansas" mentality altered by CBP were those that had that mentality to begin with, which wasnt all of us. But again, I think your perception is misaligned with reality. Other than the South Carolina team he beat, who is a big boy that we won against? He lost his big games here, which is his M.O.

What he did do is sometimes feast on and sometimes struggle against mediocre teams.

Again, before you respond to this post keep in mind what I am asking you to do, which is name a "big boy" that he beat while here. He went 2-2 against LSU but so has Bielema who did it with a better overall margin of difference. He went 0-4 against Bama but so has Bielema who did it with a better overall margin of difference.

I don't believe I said anything about beating Top 5 teams on a weekly basis.  My point was that BP could take a clipboard and have most opponent's DC's scared shitless.  Enos is really, really good...and I'm shickled titless to have him - but he's no BP.

But there is another BP out there, and if we can snag him, we'll be right back into the mix...as it were.

LZH

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 11, 2017, 05:56:40 am
I remember that.  I also remember posters on here going after him every time the defense did not step up or a good defense would shut us down.  I have never felt like beating a team like Bama or Ohio St was a given, no matter who our coach was.

You're absolutely right, there.