Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Honest Opinion, do you think Arkansas looks better this year than last year?

Started by Ben, April 05, 2017, 12:05:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HotlantaHog

Cambridge Hog

I think this going to be a special season and we surprise to the upside in a big way.

We win at least two we are not 'supposed' to win.

Program in good shape and recruiting shows it.

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

PorkRinds

Can this question actually be answered. Very few people have seen what the team looks like this year. How can we even compare?

jgphillips3

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 06, 2017, 03:33:37 pm
Can this question actually be answered. Very few people have seen what the team looks like this year. How can we even compare?

I was taking it as an "on paper" kind of question.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 06, 2017, 07:38:48 pm
I was taking it as an "on paper" kind of question.

Those "on paper" questions are pretty difficult to address unless you look at a team and they have 80% of their key players returning and you have already had an opportunity to evaluate their play from the previous season. Even then, nothing is guaranteed.

Looking at Alabama next year "on paper" one could assume that their weakness might be at WR and TE given that they lose so much at those positions. One could also say that their O-Line should be pretty good because they return a lot of experience and their run game should be good because they return their scat-back QB and all of their RB's. But the truth is we won't know what they truly have until the season starts and I am pretty sure they will come up with the receivers and TE's that they need. But, that is all speculation right now.
Go Hogs Go!

TNRazorbacker

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: factchecker on April 06, 2017, 04:44:33 am
Another great fan who believes in moral losses.

Seriously, there is no way anyone (no matter how much they hate the Hogs) can say we should or could have lost to Mississippi State.  We won by 16.  We never trailed and had a lead from the 12:29 in the 2nd quarter forward.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400869062

Lol. Lets totally forget that onside kick they missed by HALF A YARD that would have made it a brand new ballgame.

Nevermind there was a freshman QB lighting up our defense out there like he was playing Madden.

Nevermind our offense had been known to lay eggs in crunch time and lay down when we needed yards or scores, especially in the 2nd half.

Yeah. No way we could've lost that game  ::)

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: factchecker on April 06, 2017, 04:46:57 am
These are the people who show their true agenda.

They aren't realist.  They HATE the Hogs.  Saying that we should have or could have lost games is a true demonstration of WANTING the Hogs to lose.

Pathetic.

Sad that you are so blinded by your love for the Hogs that you cant see what plays out right in front of you.

If any other team in the nation had performed the way Arkansas did in these above games, you would've said that team "should have" or "could have" lost. But not Arkansas.

Snap back to reality man. We were extremely lucky in some of our wins, and in our losses we looked God awful.

Basically, only in the Florida game last year did we actually look like a good football team. The rest (other than the blow off games) we could have reasonably lost.

Mike_e

Geez, it's spring.

Let's be happy and enjoy life.  Some on here talk as though they've already bet their balls on getting into the playoffs next season.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Pork Twain

Quote from: riccoar on April 06, 2017, 12:30:38 pm
Like LZH, I'm no expert, but this sure hints at a minimum of some unwanted touching
Ha...unwanted...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: Mike_e on April 06, 2017, 03:20:24 pm
Ya know I kind of miss HRV and Rev.

At least they were funny.
There are a lot of our old posters that I miss.  I just assume they are back under a different name, which is why I wish there was a list of past usernames and who they are now, on here.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on April 06, 2017, 11:44:02 pm

Sad that you are so blinded by your love for the Hogs that you cant see what plays out right in front of you.

If any other team in the nation had performed the way Arkansas did in these above games, you would've said that team "should have" or "could have" lost. But not Arkansas.

Snap back to reality man. We were extremely lucky in some of our wins, and in our losses we looked God awful.

Basically, only in the Florida game last year did we actually look like a good football team. The rest (other than the blow off games) we could have reasonably lost.

I think all teams experience some of this inconsistency. We know that at times we didn't play very good football, especially on offense in the second half of games and on defense in almost every game.

But did the eventual NC Clemson look very good against Auburn? They won 19-13, but it wasn't easy. And they really dominated that powerhouse of Troy winning that game by 6 points. They beat Louisville by just 6 points as well and this was a Louisville team that was beaten by 20 in their bowl game by LSU. Or how about having to go to OT to finally beat ACC powerhouse NC State? And then there was the loss to Pittsburgh. They won the ACC CG vs. Va Tech by 7 points, a team that we should have beaten by 3 touchdowns in our bowl game.

But what Clemson did do was win the ones that they should have and found ways to squeak out a win when they needed to win. I'm not saying that they weren't a very talented team or that they didn't deserve to win the NC. I'm just saying that they came together as a team and won when they needed to and had a defense to back them up.

Every team goes through this kind of thing and sometimes you just need the ball to bounce your way at key times. We obviously have a lot of work to do to be good enough that we can help make those breaks and be in a position to take advantage of those breaks when they come, but there is a very slim margin for error to be in that position where you either win 3 more games or lose 3 more than you did.

Our defense was ugly last year and the offense ineffective at times (especially in the RZ) but I expect the pendulum to swing back the other way in 2017. As is normal, things are never as bad or as good as some think that they are going to be.
Go Hogs Go!

navyhog24

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 05, 2017, 12:56:46 pm
Yes

We should start the season at worse at 3-2, probably 4-1.  We also end the season at what should be 4-1.  At Ole Miss, back at home against Coastal Carolina, at LSU, at home Miss St and home against Missouri.  That's at least 4 automatic wins.  That's a lock of 7 wins.

Nothing is ever automatic with Bret at the helm other than a crappy second half performance and blowing a sizable lead.

hogcard1964

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 07, 2017, 08:31:10 am
Nothing is ever automatic with Bret at the helm other than a crappy second half performance and blowing a sizable lead.

+1000

As is, he's unaccountable.  However, if he starts his choking shi^ again next year, he'll have to go.

Pork Twain

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 07, 2017, 08:31:10 am
Navy guys know all about blowing sizable...leads.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 06, 2017, 03:33:37 pm

This is Hogville, of course, it can be answered. Can it be answered accurately? This is Hogville, of course, it cannot.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on April 06, 2017, 11:44:02 pm

I think the key question is - did you celebrate those wins? Or did you complain about them?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

LR54

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 07, 2017, 08:37:44 am
+1000

As is, he's unaccountable.  However, if he starts his choking shi^ again next year, he'll have to go.

Petrino at Louisville?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ben on April 05, 2017, 12:05:10 pm
every fanbase always says their team is going to be better next season. But honestly, how much better do you think we will be compared to last year?
Based on how many practices thus far along with off season workouts? Sorry, but this is totally ridiculous even considering it's a discussion board.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 06, 2017, 02:51:25 pm
Overall, yes. Offense is better, even with the loss of key receivers and TE. Improved OL and defense really has nowhere else to go but up. Secondary has better players, all experienced and more depth. Concerned about Greenlaw getting back to full strength and staying that way, and concerned about DL depth, as well as how good we'll be in special teams... As always, lots of concerns, lots to look forward to. But overall, better players and what I think is better coaches. 8 wins.

If we can improve to just allowing 360-375 or so yards each game on defense, be consistent throughout the game on offense and improve our Off RZ percentage, I think we will win around 3 more this coming season.
Go Hogs Go!

Pork Twain

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 07, 2017, 01:14:19 pm
If we can improve to just allowing 360-375 or so yards each game on defense, be consistent throughout the game on offense and improve our Off RZ percentage, I think we will win around 3 more this coming season.
Agreed...  I am not worried about the schedule as some are.  This is the SECW and it will always suck.  I think that we will improve in every phase of the game this year and even the growing pains of switching to the 3-4, will still be an improvement over what Smith fielded last year, at no fault of the players.  If the general is weak (Smith), it will not matter what the President (CBB) tells him to execute, his troops will still be devastated.

bennyl08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 07, 2017, 08:22:37 am
I think all teams experience some of this inconsistency. We know that at times we didn't play very good football, especially on offense in the second half of games and on defense in almost every game.

But did the eventual NC Clemson look very good against Auburn? They won 19-13, but it wasn't easy. And they really dominated that powerhouse of Troy winning that game by 6 points. They beat Louisville by just 6 points as well and this was a Louisville team that was beaten by 20 in their bowl game by LSU. Or how about having to go to OT to finally beat ACC powerhouse NC State? And then there was the loss to Pittsburgh. They won the ACC CG vs. Va Tech by 7 points, a team that we should have beaten by 3 touchdowns in our bowl game.

But what Clemson did do was win the ones that they should have and found ways to squeak out a win when they needed to win. I'm not saying that they weren't a very talented team or that they didn't deserve to win the NC. I'm just saying that they came together as a team and won when they needed to and had a defense to back them up.

Every team goes through this kind of thing and sometimes you just need the ball to bounce your way at key times. We obviously have a lot of work to do to be good enough that we can help make those breaks and be in a position to take advantage of those breaks when they come, but there is a very slim margin for error to be in that position where you either win 3 more games or lose 3 more than you did.

Our defense was ugly last year and the offense ineffective at times (especially in the RZ) but I expect the pendulum to swing back the other way in 2017. As is normal, things are never as bad or as good as some think that they are going to be.

+1000
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

plumbhog

This will be the best year we've had since joining the SEC!  But somehow someway we will lose one game that we shouldn't have and it will cost us our first outright SEC title. And that one loss could be to anyone on the schedule. (conference foe)  other than bama. We will run through them this year. For some reason we will remain under the lifetime curse of being Snake Bit!
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

wildhogman

Quote from: LR54 on April 07, 2017, 09:25:17 am
Petrino at Louisville?
Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 07, 2017, 09:43:47 am
He's not coming back here.
Thank goodness he aint coming back.  I keep seeing that name thrown out there and bite my tongue. However the facts are CBP and loserville was 0-fer in SEC play last year, not to mention losing to a team that lost to SMU.  Sounds a lot like what HDN does. Lose games that should never be lost.   Lost 3 straight to end the year. Shades of HDN and 2006?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: wildhogman on April 08, 2017, 09:51:18 am
Thank goodness he aint coming back.  I keep seeing that name thrown out there and bite my tongue. However the facts are CBP and loserville was 0-fer in SEC play last year, not to mention losing to a team that lost to SMU.  Sounds a lot like what HDN does. Lose games that should never be lost.   Lost 3 straight to end the year. Shades of HDN and 2006?

CBP's winning was fun while it happened. Yet, I don't think it was extendable. His defenses were bad as was the running game. Then add in the attitude and it is good that he is gone.

Enjoy the memories of the victories, but remember the negatives as well.

wildhogman

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 08, 2017, 09:56:16 am
CBP's winning was fun while it happened. Yet, I don't think it was extendable. His defenses were bad as was the running game. Then add in the attitude and it is good that he is gone.

Enjoy the memories of the victories, but remember the negatives as well.
The thing with CBP that fans loved, they felt like his offense always gave us a shot to win, even come from behind.  I have seen a few years back when CBB got here his offense would be boring, never give a chance to win or come from behind.  I mean 2015 and people didn't truly believe Brandon Allen gave us much chance.  But by then end of the year there he was, winning games and bringing us back from the jaws of defeat.  My question is, why do the same people propping up CBP not give Enos the same recognition for what he did with BA?  Why do they not have hope that AA will make the same type of progress from year one to year two as starter?  Why do they not give CBB credit for hiring Eno's?  Why do they not admit that just maybe CBB hit another homerun with Rhoades?  No No,, its always the same non-sense. CBB to stubborn, anemic offense, bland defense, blah blah blah.
Guess most will call me a homer.  I am a hogfan, I expect to win every game. Every single time they take the field I watch expecting to win.  I want those young men to feel the same way. Expect to win. Doesn't matter who the coach is or the system.
Faith moves mountains. Have a little faith. And for the record, if they lose??? well it is a football game and not a life or death world changing event.  I'll still cheer the boys in red. Still defend them. Stand with them through think and thin. Either your a razorback fan, or your just a fan who worries more about entertainment value then outcome.  Meaning those who have made the claim they would rather have a team that loses a game 56 to 55, then wins 10 to 7.  More exciting and "entertaining".

ChitownHawg

Quote from: wildhogman on April 08, 2017, 10:13:39 am
The thing with CBP that fans loved, they felt like his offense always gave us a shot to win, even come from behind.  I have seen a few years back when CBB got here his offense would be boring, never give a chance to win or come from behind.  I mean 2015 and people didn't truly believe Brandon Allen gave us much chance.  But by then end of the year there he was, winning games and bringing us back from the jaws of defeat.  My question is, why do the same people propping up CBP not give Enos the same recognition for what he did with BA?  Why do they not have hope that AA will make the same type of progress from year one to year two as starter?  Why do they not give CBB credit for hiring Eno's?  Why do they not admit that just maybe CBB hit another homerun with Rhoades?  No No,, its always the same non-sense. CBB to stubborn, anemic offense, bland defense, blah blah blah.
Guess most will call me a homer.  I am a hogfan, I expect to win every game. Every single time they take the field I watch expecting to win.  I want those young men to feel the same way. Expect to win. Doesn't matter who the coach is or the system.
Faith moves mountains. Have a little faith. And for the record, if they lose??? well it is a football game and not a life or death world changing event.  I'll still cheer the boys in red. Still defend them. Stand with them through think and thin. Either your a razorback fan, or your just a fan who worries more about entertainment value then outcome.  Meaning those who have made the claim they would rather have a team that loses a game 56 to 55, then wins 10 to 7.  More exciting and "entertaining".

Some of the complainers have their identity tied to the Hogs. You can spot them when they make comments like "Everyone in the country is laughing at us." Sad people choose something as finicky as winning football games to identify with. Love my Hogs and hate to lose - yet after a loss I wake up Sunday morning alive.   :razorback:

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LZH on April 06, 2017, 11:00:56 am
Well I have some shark, wine, and reefer.......I'll email you my address.

I miss the good Ol' days when you man lovers kept it in the shadows... ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on April 08, 2017, 11:50:29 am
I miss the good Ol' days when you man lovers kept it in the shadows... ;)

I always wondered who that was lurking in the dark watching. It was you.  ;)

HiggiePiggy

Biggest thing to me which has been a problem every year just about is how do we show up in the second half.  We do pretty well in most games in the first half. Second half is a different story.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

oldbooniehog

Arkansas will still be Arkansas.

Somewhere between really bad and solidly-second-rate in the SEC.

GuvHog

Quote from: Al Boarland on April 05, 2017, 04:35:31 pm
This schedule is not at all easy and actually is just as hard or harder than last season.  You are going to have to find other points to argue having an "uncommon" year. 

I agree that the schedule is not easy but it's actually a bit more favorable for the Hogs this year. It's true that the early bye week is not a good thing but it's no coincidence that there are non-conference "gimmie' games placed later in the schedule to give the Hogs a breather from conference play and allow them to rest banged up players should they have any. Also, trading Florida for South Carolina is more favorable to the Hogs
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Lanny

Quote from: Ben on April 05, 2017, 12:05:10 pm
every fanbase always says their team is going to be better next season. But honestly, how much better do you think we will be compared to last year?
No confidence
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ChitownHawg

Quote from: GuvHog on April 10, 2017, 08:09:54 am
I agree that the schedule is not easy but it's actually a bit more favorable for the Hogs this year. It's true that the early bye week is not a good thing but it's no coincidence that there are non-conference "gimmie' games placed later in the schedule to give the Hogs a breather from conference play and allow them to rest banged up players should they have any. Also, trading Florida for South Carolina is more favorable to the Hogs

From a "need a rest" point of view I agree an early open is not good. However, installing a defensive scheme it could be. One of the things I was disappointed to hear CBB say about Saturday was they forced the defense to stay in their base.

This is the third year for Enos and the offense to be together. If anyone should be in a base it is the offense. The defense needs reps to get a better grip on the new scheme. I am not sure in August they will get many game situation practices to ensure the players know what to do.

So the Open weekend could be a time for the coaches to show the game film of what went right and wrong. Then hit the practice field to correct the wrongs before heading into that long stretch of games.

Pork Twain

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 08, 2017, 11:11:46 am
Some of the complainers have their identity tied to the Hogs. You can spot them when they make comments like "Everyone in the country is laughing at us." Sad people choose something as finicky as winning football games to identify with. Love my Hogs and hate to lose - yet after a loss I wake up Sunday morning alive.   :razorback:
Same here...  It is just a game and no team will ever drag me down with a loss.  Maybe it is the life that I was able to experience in the military and now with the DoD, and the broadened world-view it provided me with.  Maybe it is my and my wife's personal struggles early in life.  Whatever it is, I feel nothing but shame and disgust for the way many talk about the coaches and players if we do not play a certain way or win a certain game.  Easy for keyboard coward to tear others down.  It is very likely that both the coaches and the players are far superior to anything we will find on here.  Like the rest of us, they are doing the best they can on a daily basis and likely working far harder than most of us.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 10, 2017, 08:56:32 am
Same here...  It is just a game and no team will ever drag me down with a loss.  Maybe it is the life that I was able to experience in the military and now with the DoD, and the broadened world-view it provided me with.  Maybe it is my and my wife's personal struggles early in life.  Whatever it is, I feel nothing but shame and disgust for the way many talk about the coaches and players if we do not play a certain way or win a certain game.  Easy for keyboard coward to tear others down.  It is very likely that both the coaches and the players are far superior to anything we will find on here.  Like the rest of us, they are doing the best they can on a daily basis and likely working far harder than most of us.

Good way to look at it.  There's far more important things.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 10, 2017, 08:35:57 am
From a "need a rest" point of view I agree an early open is not good. However, installing a defensive scheme it could be. One of the things I was disappointed to hear CBB say about Saturday was they forced the defense to stay in their base.

This is the third year for Enos and the offense to be together. If anyone should be in a base it is the offense. The defense needs reps to get a better grip on the new scheme. I am not sure in August they will get many game situation practices to ensure the players know what to do.

So the Open weekend could be a time for the coaches to show the game film of what went right and wrong. Then hit the practice field to correct the wrongs before heading into that long stretch of games.

I keep seeing people talk about the defense staying in their base like it's a terrible disappointment. Here's my question. What the hell did you think they would do? It's their first scrimmage for the new defense. Don't you think they NEED to spend some time in the base defense before they start adding new calls and stunt/blitz packages? After all you have to build on a solid foundation. They wanted to make sure all the guys understand their basic assignments before throwing wrinkles at them.  Which is what you have to do. It's like teaching a kid algebra before he knows multiplication and basic math.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

gchamblee

Quote from: LZH on April 06, 2017, 10:30:03 am
Well it godamn sure isn't BB.  Maybe Long needs to go, too.  I'm no expert, but I do know 10-3 from 7-6.  When BP was here we all were "Arkansas can win with the big boys" - when BB got here, it turned into "we can't compete with the blah, blah, blah".

You used to be on my side, buddy.  I'll throw this at ya....you ever been in a fistfight?  Did you play fair or did you try to kill the [CENSORED]?  We're in the SEC....not the AIC.

Who are these big boys we were winning against when Petrino was here?

gchamblee

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on April 06, 2017, 11:39:27 pm
Lol. Lets totally forget that onside kick they missed by HALF A YARD that would have made it a brand new ballgame.

Nevermind there was a freshman QB lighting up our defense out there like he was playing Madden.

Nevermind our offense had been known to lay eggs in crunch time and lay down when we needed yards or scores, especially in the 2nd half.

Yeah. No way we could've lost that game  ::)

We set a school record for offense in that game, and you are using our offense as a reason we could have lost that game? Get out of here with that weak crap.

Using your line of reasoning, if Drew Morgan hadn't fumbled the ball away down close to the endzone we wouldn't have lost to VT in the bowl game. But ya, his fumble is proof that our coaches cant make half time adjustments.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 10, 2017, 08:56:32 am

Any criticism CBB gets this year he will have brought on himself. Since the day he first stepped on campus as the new Hog football head coach, he has repeatedly stated that his 5th year at Arkansas will be "THE" year. When a coach makes comments like that as frequently as he has, he should be expected to back them up. If he can't then maybe it will be time for him to move on.

That being said, I have a feeling the Hogs will be better this year than some on this board expect them to be.

PorkRinds

Quote from: GuvHog on April 10, 2017, 11:26:12 am
Any criticism CBB gets this year he will have brought on himself. Since the day he first stepped on campus as the new Hog football head coach, he has repeatedly stated that his 5th year at Arkansas will be "THE" year. When a coach makes comments like that as frequently as he has, he should be expected to back them up. If he can't then maybe it will be time for him to move on.

That being said, I have a feeling the Hogs will be better this year than some on this board expect them to be.

I'd love to see a link to that quote.

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on April 10, 2017, 11:26:12 am

So you're saying if he doesn't deliver this year, you will be posting with the same tone you've been using for years lol.

LZH

Quote from: gchamblee on April 10, 2017, 09:42:02 am
Who are these big boys we were winning against when Petrino was here?

You don't remember the "we can play with anyone now" mentality back then?  BP changed the 'poor little Arkansas' culture....made us feel like we could beat anybody on any given Saturday.  These days all that has seemed to have been dumbed down.

hogcard1964

Quote from: LZH on April 10, 2017, 11:38:11 am
You don't remember the "we can play with anyone now" mentality back then?  BP changed the 'poor little Arkansas' culture....made us feel like we could beat anybody on any given Saturday.  These days all that has seemed to have been dumbed down.

+1000

We're essentially Texas Tech now.

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on April 10, 2017, 11:31:35 am
So you're saying if he doesn't deliver this year, you will be posting with the same tone you've been using for years lol.

No, Unless Bret chooses to leave on his own, he'll likely be here at least through the 2018 season so I won't be calling for his head.

I have a feeling that he's going to deliver though. Bret is a smart man and the off season defensive changes in coaching staff and scheme are signs that he senses the urgency of the situation along with the need to win. Ever hear the phrase "the team is playing to save their coach's job"?? That's probably not the case this year but it very well could be the mindset of the players.

GuvHog

Quote from: LZH on April 10, 2017, 11:38:11 am

Absolutely right. I don't give a tinkers you know what who the Hogs beat and didn't beat in the 2011 season, that final #5 national ranking means the Hogs were playing with the big boys. I agree with the "dumbed down" part too.