Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michael Taylor

Started by Rock City Razorback, April 04, 2017, 11:24:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock City Razorback

Will he be a Junior or Sophomore this year? Online roster lists him as a Junior, but I keep hearing he 'redshirted' last year. I have also previously seen where he had 3 to play 3. I know he started out as a track athlete, went to Coffeyville, then Riverside and transferred here last year as a Sophomore, but wasn't able to play. Article on WholeHog today said he has 3 years to contribute. So I'm hearing conflicting stories from various outlets. Did he use a year of eligibility last year sitting out and they're referring to that as a redshirt? 3 to play 3 or 2 to play 2?

FANONTHEHILL

Mike will be a RS Soph in 2017.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MS_HogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 05, 2017, 02:32:13 am
Mike will be a RS Soph in 2017.

You would know more than me, but in his video he said they were not sure yet. He said he was going in as a junior and hopefully they would get that year back.

Unless something has changed recently
SOOIE

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: MS_HogFan on April 05, 2017, 08:39:43 am
You would know more than me, but in his video he said they were not sure yet. He said he was going in as a junior and hopefully they would get that year back.

Unless something has changed recently

I could be wrong, but when I talked to my son about how much time Mike had left, he told me three years remaining.  My son shares an apartment with Mike and Paul Ramirez, so I'll ask him directly the next time I see him.  It will either be at practice tomorrow or Saturday.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MS_HogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 05, 2017, 08:53:50 am
I could be wrong, but when I talked to my son about how much time Mike had left, he told me three years remaining.  My son shares an apartment with Mike and Paul Ramirez, so I'll ask him directly the next time I see him.  It will either be at practice tomorrow or Saturday.

Sounds good.

In his video he said they were still working on it. He said he hoped to get that year back.
SOOIE

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: MS_HogFan on April 05, 2017, 09:05:39 am
Sounds good.

In his video he said they were still working on it. He said he hoped to get that year back.

I think it comes down to the amount of "academic progress" towards his degree combined with the fact that his JUCO was late getting his transcript out in time for him to see action last year.  I may have gotten the optimistic version.  Either way, we need to enjoy Mike as long as we have him.  Great kid and unique talent.  Watching him Saturday and yesterday running at 260 with a RB 25 yards down field on a wheel route is impressive.  He's a freak.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 05, 2017, 09:20:04 am
I think it comes down to the amount of "academic progress" towards his degree combined with the fact that his JUCO was late getting his transcript out in time for him to see action last year.  I may have gotten the optimistic version.  Either way, we need to enjoy Mike as long as we have him.  Great kid and unique talent.  Watching him Saturday and yesterday running at 260 with a RB 25 yards down field on a wheel route is impressive.  He's a freak.

Im excited to see him play
SOOIE

The NewEra

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 05, 2017, 09:20:04 am

I was very impressed with his calm demeanor, personality and intelligence in his interview.

FANONTHEHILL

Texted my son between classes and here's the update.  Officially two years left, but can petition for 3rd year and is in great standing to do so and have it approved.  So the correct answer to the question is it two or three years is -- Maybe and Maybe!

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 05, 2017, 10:21:38 am
Texted my son between classes and here's the update.  Officially two years left, but can petition for 3rd year and is in great standing to do so and have it approved.  So the correct answer to the question is it two or three years is -- Maybe and Maybe!

Haha.  Thanks for the effort. 

onebadrubi

Let's hope he's first or second round drafted and doesn't even need to petition. 

ricepig

I think that's been the official line of thinking, and that he stands a real good chance of getting that extra year. I mean, they gave Kody 10-12 years to play.

ARtillahog

Quote from: ricepig on April 05, 2017, 11:07:46 am
I think that's been the official line of thinking, and that he stands a real good chance of getting that extra year. I mean, they gave Kody 10-12 years to play.

Didn't he end up with a pension from the U of A?  ;D

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ARtillahog on April 05, 2017, 12:28:41 pm
Hah, however, he WAS eligible for Social Security.  ;)

azhog10

Quote from: ARtillahog on April 05, 2017, 12:28:41 pm
If NFL teams sign him they have to sign him to the veteran league minimum.......

hawginbigd1

Ok fan you did great on that so can you clear up Ramirez situation? Maybe it has been answered but is he officially a SR?

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 06, 2017, 06:05:30 pm
Ok fan you did great on that so can you clear up Ramirez situation? Maybe it has been answered but is he officially a SR?

I believe that Paul played two years in JUCO and only has 2017 remaining.  I don't know whether or not he will petition for an extra year since he was hurt last season.  I'll ask him the next time I see him.

secneahog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 06, 2017, 06:05:30 pm

Arkansas redshirted Paul Ramirez and Deion Malone, both juco guys.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

carolinahogger

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 05, 2017, 08:53:50 am

So at this point you're just guessing.

Just kidding.  Thanks for the info that you bring to the board.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on April 13, 2017, 07:30:57 am
Arkansas redshirted Paul Ramirez and Deion Malone, both juco guys.

Paul Ramirez played in 4 games last year, according to the NCAA. Has he been granted a Medical R/S for the 2016 season?

Here's more on Ramirez.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626889.50
Go Hogs Go!