The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Coach Obvious

In before,

"So you're telling me there's a chance..."

HardingHog

Among SEC teams, we're behind Vandy, Bama, Florida, and UK

ShadowHawg

Looks like how recruiting rankings are done. Most recognizable names are given the best odds.

hogsanity

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 04, 2017, 06:47:48 am
Looks like how recruiting rankings are done. Most recognizable names are given the best odds.

3 replies before someone insinuated the Hogs were being kept down by some sort of veiled conspiracy.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on April 04, 2017, 08:38:35 am
3 replies before someone insinuated the Hogs were being kept down by some sort of veiled conspiracy.
And 0 replies before someone went against it. Now you know and I know rather you want to believe it or not that Lil Ole Arkansas never gets the benefit of the doubt on anything. If we do it has to be crystal clear. Like anything else we have to take our respect. That is the Arkansas way. :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on April 04, 2017, 08:38:35 am

What are you talking about?

You need to learn how to read. I made no tie to Arkansas at all.

If you read the article, you will see it's exactly as I said. For crying out  loud they have Kentucky as an odds on favorite and they don't even know who's declaring and who isn't.

Very dewshy on your part.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 04, 2017, 09:53:01 am

If you read the article, you will see it's exactly as I said. For crying out  loud they have Kentucky as an odds on favorite and they don't even know who's declaring and who isn't.

It's his schtick. Mentioning refs is also his bat signal.

hogsanity

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 04, 2017, 09:53:01 am

You didn't have to mention the Hogs, because every post you make is about how the refs are out to get them, or the sec, or the ncaa, or the aau coaches, or someone in black helicopters.

It very well could just be that the most recognizable names get the attention and the recruiting rankings because they get the best recruits, no conspiracies, no nefarious cabal planning to keep other teams down.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

phadedhawg

Where did all this conspiracy talk come from?  Maybe some posts were deleted because I don't see it.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on April 04, 2017, 11:25:55 am
You didn't have to mention the Hogs, because every post you make is about how the refs are out to get them, or the sec, or the ncaa, or the aau coaches, or someone in black helicopters.

It very well could just be that the most recognizable names get the attention and the recruiting rankings because they get the best recruits, no conspiracies, no nefarious cabal planning to keep other teams down.

You are full of expletive. You are annoying without being full of crap. You have stepped up your game to full on deluded cluelessness.

My statement about recruiting rankings has zero to do with what you are talking about. I think it's ridiculous that people believe that anyone or group of people can accurately "rank" thousands of players each year. Anyone can see who the top 20 are. After that it's pretty much a coin flip until you get to the much less talented. Has nothing to do with anyone out to get Arkansas. I guess you got this from not taking your schizophrenia meds? A voice in your head perhaps?

I don't think refs are out to get Arkansas. I think that the majority of refs suck in general and tend to make awful calls that benefit blue blood type programs across the board. It even happens at the high school level. It will happen again next season and the season after that and the season after that. If Arkansas were to quit fielding a team it will continue to happen.

AAU coaches in LR were put on notice by some of their sponsors for being perceived as being anti Arkansas. That's a fact. Sorry it hurt your feelings.

Call me hogsanity, but I think people should actually have to say what they are being accused of before you go off on them like some insecure child who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Or in your case, the KOOKIE jar.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: HardingHog on April 04, 2017, 12:27:07 am
Among SEC teams, we're behind Vandy, Bama, Florida, and UK

I really think we will be better then Vandy for sure and get over the jump on Florida next year. Bama is a wild card with those stupid recruits Avery Johnson is pulling in, fingers crossed that 5 star is a bust.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

root_hawg

I think I read where KY has a 5star recruit at every position coming in next year... of course stars don't matter...

WorfHog

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on April 04, 2017, 12:57:31 pm
I really think we will be better then Vandy for sure and get over the jump on Florida next year. Bama is a wild card with those stupid recruits Avery Johnson is pulling in, fingers crossed that 5 star is a bust.

Reminds me of LSU and Ben Simmons in 2015-2016, preseason world beaters.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: WorfHog on April 04, 2017, 08:07:37 pm
Reminds me of LSU and Ben Simmons in 2015-2016, preseason world beaters.

Avery Johnson > Johnny Jones
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: hogsanity on April 04, 2017, 11:25:55 am

I think the reasoning that Kentucky is the odds on favorite at 10-1 is because Vegas knows that all the stupid UK fans will still take the horrible odds thinking they will win the National Championship.
SCREW Vandy!