Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

who else thinks the Ref's Get more involved to help NC win ?

Started by tophawg19, April 03, 2017, 09:33:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Dr. Starcs

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PonderinHog

razorbrass

Wonder how long before that program gets hammered with sanctions?  Total disbelief that they can have the academic fraud they have had in their program and not be on probation. 
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

razorbrass

These refs are more interested in everyone admiring their whistles than they are calling a good game.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

hoglady

Quote from: razorbrass on April 03, 2017, 10:20:10 pm
Wonder how long before that program gets hammered with sanctions?  Total disbelief that they can have the academic fraud they have had in their program and not be on probation. 

Don't hold your breath waiting for anything to happen to them.
The NCAA won't touch them unless they can put all the penalties on the football team.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Allhawgdawg

Is this the same crew that called our game? Cause these are the worst refs I have ever seen. Let's just line up and shoot free throws. Completely taking the flow out of the game.

Dr. Starcs

Mike Eades son of Tom "look at me" Eades close relative to Ted "I'm the stark Valentine.

Sho Nuff

It's really out of hand now.  I don't think I've seen a team be so protected throughout the entire tournament.  A team that is under NCAA investigation gets special treatment rather than justice - go figure.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Sho Nuff on April 03, 2017, 10:28:19 pm
It's really out of hand now.  I don't think I've seen a team be so protected throughout the entire tournament.  A team that is under NCAA investigation gets special treatment rather than justice - go figure.
Maybe it's a "last meal" type of gesture.

hogginbama

Should anyone expect anything less? They have been protected during the entire tournament.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

razorbrass

PonderinHog

Dr. Starcs

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

theFlyingHog

I'm pretty ignorant about basketball but is one of the players in a jump ball tie-up situation permitted to go out of bounds?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 03, 2017, 10:38:14 pm
Way too many missed opportunities.
Seven minute field goal drought when they could least afford it.  And the free throw shooting wasn't good.

razorbrass

razorbrass

ShadowHawg

I guess you have never seen a Duke Ncaa tournament game.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

onebadrubi

This game was awfully officiated from both sides.  It was not a protect UNC game, it was a completely awful
Officiated game all together.  The refs took over that game In the first ten minutes in the second half.  This could have been a fun a game to watch with a lot of shots dropping. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Breems on April 03, 2017, 10:42:40 pm
At least we lost to eventual national champs, again.
We should be ranked, based on how well we played them.

forrest city joe

People talk about Duke.but good lord UNC gets every big call and none call when it counts.when the game is on the line they never get a call against them. i had no dog in the fight tonight. but these refs were terrible.they were hell bent on getting UNC another NC.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Breems on April 03, 2017, 10:42:40 pm
At least we lost to eventual national champs, again.
We did not lose. the refs took the gave and gave it to UNC.

rtr

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 03, 2017, 10:30:32 pm
Maybe it's a "last meal" type of gesture.
I severely doubt it.  Don't hold your breath waiting for UNC to receive major punishment.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

PonderinHog

Quote from: rtr on April 03, 2017, 10:53:57 pm
I severely doubt it.  Don't hold your breath waiting for UNC to receive major punishment.
Yeah, me too, but damn. 

Dropkick

Looks like the teams were called for the same number of fouls and both shot 26 free throws. Gonzaga actually made 2 more than UNC.

Squints Pallaboarus

Same UNC team that had just 3 fouls in second half against Arkansas. Come on man!

Allhawgdawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 03, 2017, 10:44:14 pm
This game was awfully officiated from both sides.  It was not a protect UNC game, it was a completely awful
Officiated game all together.  The refs took over that game In the first ten minutes in the second half.  This could have been a fun a game to watch with a lot of shots dropping.

This!! They made the game hard to watch and neither team could get a good flow. This crew should never be able to ref a division 1 game again after tonight's performance but knowing the NCAA I'm sure they will be in the final 4 again next year.

cobra kai

I didn't think the calls favored one team over the other, but the whistle-happy refs completely dominated the game from the opening tip and both teams responded by playing about as bad as they could. This game was a disgrace to college basketball.

Kevin

Quote from: hoglady on April 03, 2017, 10:22:28 pm
Don't hold your breath waiting for anything to happen to them.
The NCAA won't touch them unless they can put all the penalties on the football team.

football
women's basketball
women's soccer.

staying clear of men's basketball is the goal
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Inhogswetrust

Hey look it's another Refs are terrible thread. Oh it's a fan board so I guess I'm not surprised.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Allhawgdawg on April 03, 2017, 11:32:23 pm
This!! They made the game hard to watch and neither team could get a good flow. This crew should never be able to ref a division 1 game again after tonight's performance but knowing the NCAA I'm sure they will be in the final 4 again next year.

Sad thing is that these refs are supposed to be the best because they supposedly earn the opportunity to call games in the final four.

For me, they have got to weed out the guys who get theatrical with their calls. You can't tell me guys like that aren't just dying to blow their whistles. Guys that blow the whistle four and five times just make an out of bounds call, gone. Guys who yell at the players what they got called for, gone.

I am sure there are more examples. It gets clearer every year that these guys think they are a part of the show. They aren't.

jgphillips3

Four straight games with critical no calls/bad calls in the final minute all favoring the blue blood team from the blue blood conference.  UNC shouldn't have even been playing in that game. 

FineAsSwine

FineAsSwine

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 03, 2017, 10:40:01 pm
Seven minute field goal drought when they could least afford it.  And the free throw shooting wasn't good.

Does Few teach his team any set plays?

Seven minutes without a bucket can mean only one thing, he is lazy, needs to recruit a point guard, learn some in game coaching and make adjustments, stop being stubborn and fire some assistants!

hoglady

The announcers even got in on it.
They were not happy - I liked the line "The refs have got to let these teams breathe".
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ATU HOG

Horrible officiating on both sides.  Playing in a football stadium usually results in lower field goal %.  Both of these made the game dreadful to watch until the last 3 minutes.

hogsanity

Go back and look at the fouls called, every one of them was a foul under the rules in the book. Most had a lot of contact. This is the kind of game you get when they start calling the pushing and shoving and hacking most fans whine about when it is not called. Mark Few said last night he thought the game was well called on both ends. He said both teams were forcing it inside and both teams guards play downhill. Collins, one of the Zags big men said he has had foul trouble all season, he said " you'd think I would learn, but I guess I just don't ".

What I am tired of is the reviews on fouls. The call on Karnowski where he gets fouled ( which was called on NC ) , then in the scrap for the ball before the whistle his hand gets around the head of the much shorter NC player was nothing in real speed. But when they go to slow motion it looks much worse and he gets a f1.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Atlhogfan1

Karnowski flagrant shouldn't have been called.  I thought most of the fouls called were fouls.  Neither team helped with the flow with all of the very makeable missed shots.  CBS wore out the "haven't scored in -:-- minutes" display.  "UNC hasn't scored in 3:00 minutes" to "Gonzaga hasn't scored in 3:00 minutes" back to UNC back to "Gonzaga hasn't made a FG in 7:00 minutes".  And both teams were horrible from the line.  After the last 2 CG's, this one was bad in comparison.  What hurt Gonzaga from the officiating was the bigs in foul trouble.   They still missed too many offensive opportunities. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

theFlyingHog

That flagrant call on the big guy was horsecrap. Those kind of calls make me not want to watch

latrops

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 03, 2017, 10:44:14 pm

This.  It could be argued that had the refs swallowed the whistle and let them play, that would have benefited the bigger, more physical team...UNC.  The strange thing was how much quicker they were with the whistle in the 2nd half.  The seeming inconsistency in how it was officiated between halves was surprising.

All in all it was a fitting end to the poorest officiated tournament I can remember.

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 04, 2017, 08:19:21 am
Karnowski flagrant shouldn't have been called.  I thought most of the fouls called were fouls.  Neither team helped with the flow with all of the very makeable missed shots.  CBS wore out the "haven't scored in -:-- minutes" display.  "UNC hasn't scored in 3:00 minutes" to "Gonzaga hasn't scored in 3:00 minutes" back to UNC back to "Gonzaga hasn't made a FG in 7:00 minutes".  And both teams were horrible from the line.  After the last 2 CG's, this one was bad in comparison.  What hurt Gonzaga from the officiating was the bigs in foul trouble.   They still missed too many offensive opportunities. 

Most of the fouls were definitely fouls. They could not stop hacking and swatting at everything. People are going to have to decide if they want whistle fests or if they want no hold barred in the lane, both of which make for ugly basketball. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogsanity on April 04, 2017, 08:30:42 am
Most of the fouls were definitely fouls. They could not stop hacking and swatting at everything. People are going to have to decide if they want whistle fests or if they want no hold barred in the lane, both of which make for ugly basketball.

It's how Butler went to back to back CG's.  A reason the freedom of movement emphasis was started. It helped with SC having success.  UNC used their hands a lot on defense to try and restrict movement and direct Gonzaga players to spots and got called for it a few times.  On the play Williams Goss turned his ankle, looked like Pinson hand checked him when he tried to come around.  Pinson definitely made contact to slow him and redirect him.  Few was right in how these teams played. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

azhog10

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 03, 2017, 10:39:53 pm
I'm pretty ignorant about basketball but is one of the players in a jump ball tie-up situation permitted to go out of bounds?
No....apparently the official never even thought to review it.

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on April 04, 2017, 08:30:42 am
So when Ark does it, it's shame on us. When UNC does it and the refs allow it, you are saying no one wants a whistle fest.....hmmm okay.

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on April 04, 2017, 08:47:11 am
So when Ark does it, it's shame on us. When UNC does it and the refs allow it, you are saying no one wants a whistle fest.....hmmm okay.

Not what I am saying at all. The refs did not allow anything last night. Both teams were in the bonus after only 4:37 of the 2nd half had been played. And of those fouls that got both teams to that point, they were all fouls.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.