Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Video: Bielema Breaks Down Week One of Spring Practice

Started by Jason Carroll, April 01, 2017, 03:34:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

Arkansas head football coach Bret Bielema met with the media on Saturday after the Hogs completed week one of spring practice.

Hear from coach Bielema on Saturday's first full pad practice, how the defense and offense are adjusting and get his thoughts on specific players.

Also hear coach's thoughts on the passing of the gun legislation this past week in Little Rock and more in this uncut press conference.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/bielema-talks-week-one-of-spring-football-2017/684308779

MuskogeeHogFan

I have no idea what the challenges are that are involved with the sports information department getting the media microphones so you can make sense of their questions that are being asked, but it seems as though other SID's at other schools find a way to get it done. Can some of you Media types let us know what the issue is with getting you guys a microphone when you ask questions in press conferences like these? Thanks in advance.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 01, 2017, 04:29:24 pm
I have no idea what the challenges are that are involved with the sports information department getting the media microphones so you can make sense of their questions that are being asked, but it seems as though other SID's at other schools find a way to get it done. Can some of you Media types let us know what the issue is with getting you guys a microphone when you ask questions in press conferences like these? Thanks in advance.

I was just thinking the exact same thing.  Surely the media could get this fixed with ease??
SCREW Vandy!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogs49ers on April 01, 2017, 04:32:57 pm
I was just thinking the exact same thing.  Surely the media could get this fixed with ease??

It's not up to the Media, it is the responsibility of the SID's office, I believe.
Go Hogs Go!

azhog10

Ironically in Mike Andersons conferences they typically do have microphones. Not sure why football has a hard time with this.

Arazorbackguy1

The old John White rule of answer the questions you wished they'd asked.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

DeltaBoy

Yep the SID needs to get this issue of not hearing the reporters questions FIXED!!!!...
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkSoda

Mike Irwin has addressed this before.  SEC Network (ESPN) has the mics set up for them, and no own is allowed to touch them.  the money the university makes from ESPN is exponentially greater than what local media may pay for access.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogfan870

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 03, 2017, 01:45:38 pm
Mike Irwin has addressed this before.  SEC Network (ESPN) has the mics set up for them, and no own is allowed to touch them.  the money the university makes from ESPN is exponentially greater than what local media may pay for access.

This would make sense if it weren't for the fact that when you watch other SEC coaches press conferences (sometime - I don't watch all of them), they have (a) mic(s) for the reporters questions.   

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogfan870 on April 07, 2017, 10:50:30 am
This would make sense if it weren't for the fact that when you watch other SEC coaches press conferences (sometime - I don't watch all of them), they have (a) mic(s) for the reporters questions.   
do you watch them on SECN?

Quote from: Surfing8 on April 07, 2017, 11:05:18 am
So the assumption is other SEC programs experience the same issues.

Not going to hunt it down atm, but I have a general impression other SEC programs usually have more polished presentations when it comes to stuff such as this.  Could be wrong, but it's the impression I have based on years of watching amateur hour Razorback media from a larger market.

I hear you there, its been a point of annoyance for years.  I assume if there was an easy fix it would be fixed.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Tejano Jawg

Muskogee, great point. You know, I get used to our pressers, where you can barely hear a question being asked—and it may be a long, involved question—only to hear CBB nod and say 'yes, exactly.' You can sorta get the context, but it's still frustrating.

Then, I'm almost shocked when I hear someone else's presser, where I can hear the reporter. It's almost disorienting. It's crazy, man!

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 01, 2017, 10:58:29 pm
The old John White rule of answer the questions you wished they'd asked.

This is funny.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork