Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lunney gets a $50,000 bump in salary.

Started by ricepig, March 31, 2017, 01:45:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Well deserved.  He's been money in the bank for us. His position groupnis great and in state recruiting has been going well.  I feel like he is one that could move up the ranks within our program.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HighcountryHog

Very happy for him.  This is long past due. 

DVH and Lunney Jr. are the two most undervalued coaches on campus, imo.
no bumps, no fat chicks

HogBreath

I've always been a big fan of Barry Lunney, as a both a player and as a coach.  Glad to hear he's getting a raise.  Very well deserved I'd say.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

The Hawg Marshal

Sivad

Good for him and it's good for the Hogs.

Sho Nuff

It's funny how 50 grand seems small when speaking of coaches salaries.  A 50k raise to most of us would be yuuuuuge!

HogBreath

Quote from: Sho Nuff on April 01, 2017, 10:37:50 am
It's funny how 50 grand seems small when speaking of coaches salaries.  A 50k raise to most of us would be yuuuuuge!
Sho nuff.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

onebadrubi

Quote from: HighcountryHog on March 31, 2017, 02:54:49 pm
Very happy for him.  This is long past due. 

DVH and Lunney Jr. are the two most undervalued coaches on campus, imo.

I don't think DVH is undervalued?  He's known as one of the top coaches in NCAA baseball

goodguytex

The TE position has been consistently a strength at Arkansas every year Lunney has been there. A salary bump is very much deserved.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: goodguytex on April 02, 2017, 12:27:15 pm
The TE position has been consistently a strength at Arkansas every year Lunney has been there. A salary bump is very much deserved.
True; in addition there have been a number of comments from recruits, especially in-state, that have cited Barry's very positive approach and vibe when it comes to the program.

TebowHater

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 01, 2017, 05:35:19 pm
I don't think DVH is undervalued?  He's known as one of the top coaches in NCAA baseball

I think he means we kind of take him for granted. He also is paid less than assistant football coaches and possibly now our WBB coach (yes, we do understand the concept of revenue-generating sports and that football bankrolls the rest - just saying).

ricepig

Quote from: TebowHater on April 03, 2017, 07:46:37 pm
I think he means we kind of take him for granted. He also is paid less than assistant football coaches and possibly now our WBB coach (yes, we do understand the concept of revenue-generating sports and that football bankrolls the rest - just saying).

He makes more than our WBB coach.

LZH

I wonder if he's in line for the OC if/when Enos takes another head coaching gig?

onebadrubi

Quote from: TebowHater on April 03, 2017, 07:46:37 pm

I still disagree.  And baseball is actually a revenue generating/profitable sport at Arkansas.  I believe van horn is top 3 paid in the sec, not including Vandy who doesn't release their coaches salaries. 

That's about right where he should be, wouldn't you agree?

onebadrubi

Quote from: LZH on April 03, 2017, 10:20:20 pm
I wonder if he's in line for the OC if/when Enos takes another head coaching gig?

He might be, but my guess is he would have to go else where to do it first.

LZH

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 04, 2017, 09:49:45 pm
He might be, but my guess is he would have to go else where to do it first.

No doubt....but from all I gather he's a sharp cat.  I think he'd be a good one.....learned from his daddy, ya know.  So did I, and look how smart I am.

DeltaBoy

He been as good as the come for our Program as a Player and Coach.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.