Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Johnny Gibson

Started by grayhawg, March 30, 2017, 09:06:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 10:59:59 am
Look the point is #51 should not be a starting O lineman. His play on the field thus far has made that very evident, but yet and still this coach reinserts him there again.

And on a side note is the QB from Greenwood's prospects so high, that we don't offer the kid from Earle at shot to be a Razorback QB? I mean why haven't coach B offered this kid an opportunity to play QB in his home state...quote, un quote the best player in the state of Arkansas... a potential real game changer and nothing....

This line of reasoning will not win him many games here in the SEC. It's the same mantra with this coach and it clearly hasn't produced so far. Difficult to see it happening this upcoming season either

#10 Pro-style, which is what we run.

http://247sports.com/Player/Connor-Noland-83740

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 10:24:59 am
Clearly the OL was an area of the team that needs much improvement. He's got options, will he use them properly.

Gibson - Ragnow - Rogers - Wallace - Jackson - Raulerson

Its a reoccurring theme. Coach plugs in players and leave them there despite their productivity. BA is an excellent example. We saw a huge drop off at mLB going from Speight to Ellis. Here's a guy who's been on the field since his freshman year and left as a senior, underachieved.

The laundry list goes on of players who "should have" acquired much more playing time and starting roles but I'll digress.

All kidding aside who was the better QB than Allen In your opinion, and who do you think should have been at middle linebacker?  I agree that Ellis was no Speight, but Speight graduated, so In your opinion who should have been there instead of Ellis?

onebadrubi

Look the point is #51 should not be a starting O lineman. His play on the field thus far has made that very evident, but yet and still this coach reinserts him there again.

And on a side note is the QB from Greenwood's prospects so high, that we don't offer the kid from Earle at shot to be a Razorback QB? I mean why haven't coach B offered this kid an opportunity to play QB in his home state...quote, un quote the best player in the state of Arkansas... a potential real game changer and nothing....

This line of reasoning will not win him many games here in the SEC. It's the same mantra with this coach and it clearly hasn't produced so far. Difficult to see it happening this upcoming season either

Wow, what do you ACTUALLY know about the Earle QB?  What do you ACTUALLY know about the greenwood QB?  I'm going to go out on one of those stupid tree limbs you hit on the fall down and say nothing from either.  You always come here to spew crap and can't even do it without incorrect info.  We've already accepted a commitment from the number one QB in the state. 

daBoar

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 11, 2017, 10:41:26 am
Yes he was. Your expectations don't mean anything.
Also I believe BA finished #2 in QBR behind Watson.  That's # 1 in the SEC, and anyone else living in or from Arkansas.

Sportster365

Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2017, 11:11:32 am
#10 Pro-style, which is what we run.

http://247sports.com/Player/Connor-Noland-83740

Its called adjusting. We're already a run first offense. Adding an additional run/pass threat like this kid could pay off huge for an offense which emphasizes the run.

Besides many coaches adjust, the championship winning Saban himself gradually sways from pro-style to dual-threat and vice versa... its called take advantage of the talent you have on hand.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 11:17:44 am
Its called adjusting. We're already a run first offense. Adding an additional run/pass threat like this kid could pay off huge for an offense which emphasizes the run.

Besides many coaches adjust, the championship winning Saban himself has gradually sways from pro-style to dual-threat and vice versa... its called take advantage of the talent you have on hand.

How did that mobile QB work for him?  It got him beat in the National Championship game because that QB could not make the throws. 

Sportster365

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 11, 2017, 11:18:39 am
How did that mobile QB work for him?  It got him beat in the National Championship game because that QB could not make the throws.

It got him there though and you can't lay the lost at the feet of a true freshman QB who had to deal with the sudden departure of his QB/OC coach. Nearly impossible and they still almost won the darn thing.

PorkRinds

Besides many coaches adjust, the championship winning Saban himself gradually sways from pro-style to dual-threat and vice versa... its called take advantage of the talent you have on hand.

We weren't a run first offense last season actually.

colbs

I hope you are the next coach at AR.  I mean you know how good every player is without going to practices.  And I doubt you have been to watch Noland and/or Bohannon and you know what the staff should do.  It's pretty impressive!

onebadrubi

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 11:20:32 am
It got him there though and you can't lay the lost at the feet of a true freshman QB who had to deal with the sudden departure of his QB/OC coach. Nearly impossible and they still almost won the darn thing.

No their defense got them there.  Their defense was outscoring teams all on their own last year.  He was missing just as many throws with Kiffin as he was after Kiffin.  And when Bo Scarbough went down, that offense shut down.

colbs

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on April 11, 2017, 11:13:15 am
All kidding aside who was the better QB than Allen In your opinion, and who do you think should have been at middle linebacker?  I agree that Ellis was no Speight, but Speight graduated, so In your opinion who should have been there instead of Ellis?
He never answered this.  It's funny because he wants the Bohannon because he is highly rated.  Gibson was a walk on though.  I'm sure he would complain regardless.

ricepig

Maybe you need to adjust, have you thought of that?

Pork Twain

I see you are attempting to replace Robert Shields as the worst poster on the board, but it is going to take more than this one ridiculous thread.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

At least try to be correct on one or two points.  Even RS does that.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

factchecker

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 10:24:59 am
Clearly the OL was an area of the team that needs much improvement. He's got options, will he use them properly.

Gibson - Ragnow - Rogers - Wallace - Jackson - Raulerson

Its a reoccurring theme. Coach plugs in players and leave them there despite their productivity. BA is an excellent example. We saw a huge drop off at mLB going from Speight to Ellis. Here's a guy who's been on the field since his freshman year and left as a senior, underachieved.

The laundry list goes on of players who "should have" acquired much more playing time and starting roles but I'll digress.

1. HIS NAME IS S-P-A-I-G-H-T

2. Spaight didn't play Middle Linebacker (MLB).  Spaight was Weakside Linebacker (WLB) and played next to Brooks.  How can you make any statements about this team when you don't know how to spell the player's names and you don't know what position they played.  Here is the game notes from the Texas Bowl: http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf/football/2014/2014-Texas-Bowl-Guide.pdf
The depth chart is on page 8.  IF you can read you will see that Spaight is WLB and Ellis is MLB.

3. Brandon Allen was not only the best QB on this team but one of the best in the SEC his senior year.  Here you can check for yourself: http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/911/player/split01/category02/sort02.html

Moreso, we don't know the reason behind Gibson's punishment.  I'm glad we run a tight ship.  I'd rather be too strict than too loose.  It's scumbag "fans" like you who enabled Joe Paterno and Art Briles to build their empire of filth.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: colbs on April 11, 2017, 11:38:56 am
He never answered this.  It's funny because he wants the Bohannon because he is highly rated.  Gibson was a walk on though.  I'm sure he would complain regardless.

Well It was always my opinion that Ellis was good to very good a the beginning of games but would wear down by the fourth quarter because he played so much leading me to assume that if there were a better player there they would be playing. I can't see any QB on the roster that should have played over BA, even during the times he struggled, but I don't have any inside info so maybe one of the other qb's on the roster can throw it on a rope for 75 yards.

hawginbigd1

Look the point is #51 should not be have been a starting O lineman.
FIFY.
He will play on Sundays, and will be drafted high. This season you will see why, prototypical NFL guard just lacking knowledge.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: colbs on April 11, 2017, 11:38:56 am
Well not surprising he didn't answer your question because he never answered mine or anyone else's. This guy is the quintessential "shoot from the lip" and throw total crapola up against the wall to see if any of it has enough substance to stick. Gee, guess what......none of it does, surprise, surprise.

I do think that the poster who mentioned ole little Bobby Shields may have hit on something though. If he isn't actually the "man" himself, it's the ghost of RS past. Ugh!!!!!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 11, 2017, 01:43:16 pm
Well not surprising he didn't answer your question because he never answered mine or anyone else's. This guy is the quintessential "shoot from the lip" and throw total crapola up against the wall to see if any of it has enough substance to stick. Gee, guess what......none of it does, surprise, surprise.

I do think that the poster who mentioned ole little Bobby Shields may have hit on something though. If he isn't actually the "man" himself, it's the ghost of RS past. Ugh!!!!!!!

No way. Robert was way more credible.

theFlyingHog

ricepig

gmarv

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 11, 2017, 10:29:14 am
Your last posts in this thread fell out of the dumb tree and hit every limb on the way down.
Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 10:32:52 am
BA was not the best QB on the Arkansas roster and Ellis played four years and never met expectations.
Seems like ole sportster decided to one up himself .???

Sportster365

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on April 11, 2017, 11:13:15 am

Austin's a natural gamer, in 2015 he was a Sophomore, Bielema should have given him the opportunity to show he could lead this team as its starting QB. BA was terrible, much of his Senior year attributions can be heavily accredited to Dan Enos.

Do I think AA benefits from the coaching of Enos, sure I do. Yet I also believe that the intangibles Austing brings would have helped this team further along under the tutelage of Jim Chaney.

Austin's ability to drive the ball down the field in key possessions is something BA couldn't manage to do even in his Senior season.  Austin would have had the privilege of playing behind one of the biggest and best Olines in the country that year and an awesome 1-2 combo in the backfield. I could go much further in depth in this reasoning but do not wish to make super lengthy post to make obvious points. Some of you simply choose to ignore.

PorkSoda

AA still hasn't proven he is better than his brother yet.  BA was practically on crutches and they were not confident enough in AA to put him in.

I am unconvinced that he is better than BA.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Sportster365

Its a little more difficult to gauge the LB position because all but #51 that year seemed to have rotated in and out. LB in the SEC is a position that generally takes a player time to settle into and become productive in the defense. Personally from what little I've taken in, K. Hackett impressed me the most. Here's a kid who simply has a nose for finding the ball in open field and making the hit.

Exactly what you want surveying the center of your defense. Since the departure of Spaight, they've rotated various different players in and out in what I suspect to succumb for the lack of production they were getting from the mLB position.

I saw huge question marks at the receiver and on the defensive line as well. We've got a talent as good as a kid like T. Agim on the roster playing tackle, when aside from Ledbetter, we've got ends who couldn't manage to lay a finger on the QB or RB in the backfield.  As for receiver I think we failed to use a talent as good as D. Reed and his 4.3 speed properly. A kid who killed it at Coffeyville, came to Arkansas to almost disappear behind slot receivers. Sprinkle clearly wasn't used to the best of his ability in this Arkansas offense, a guy with his size, his speed, with hands is a mixmatch nightmare for defensive coordinators. When you have potential playmakers, its imperative you do what's necessary to find a way to get the ball in their hands.

Hammonds is another prime example, this kids acceleration and footwork is second to none. His ability to change pace and direction in mid-field screams feed him the rock. And to the credit of this staff, it appears they have to some degree have tried. But a play here or there or here a game, maybe there a game won't cut it. This potential needs to become a focal point of your offensive weaponry and used as such.

Sportster365

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 11, 2017, 04:10:34 pm
AA still hasn't proven he is better than his brother yet.  BA was practically on crutches and they were not confident enough in AA to put him in.

How many times in BA's career, prior to Enos and post Chaney did we see BA fail to make the first down when the team needed it the most....time and time again. How many close games did Arkansas lose because our offense couldn't move the chains to save their lives? How many times did we see BA bail out early on a play just the sail the ball onto the sidelines? Face it, the kid was not a very popular Razorback QB, and its all because of his lack of play on the football field. Hard to find a more disliked Razorback QB in Arkansas history.

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 11, 2017, 04:10:34 pm

I don't believe AA's 2nd half numbers were very good last year.  This year will be very telling.

ricepig

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 04:19:17 pm
How many times in BA's career, prior to Enos and post Chaney did we see BA fail to make the first down when the team needed it the most....time and time again. How many close games did Arkansas lose because our offense couldn't move the chains to save their lives? How many times did we see BA bail out early on a play just the sail the ball onto the sidelines? Face it, the kid was not a very popular Razorback QB, and its all because of his lack of play on the football field. Hard to find a more disliked Razorback QB in Arkansas history.

The only fair comparison would be with both QB's under the same OC. I don't think those stats paint the picture you think they do.

onebadrubi

Someone want to help me locate the stats of that season between Chaney and Enos?

Sportster, you are off your rocker.  BA was throwing the ball in the stands to not get leveled early on.  Look how that worked out for Austin last year?  He held the ball too long.  I can't believe anyone in their right mind can say Austin in 2016 proved to be better than Brandon in 2015. Absolutely mind numbing. 

PorkSoda

sure early in his career, but the second half of his junior year saw him completing over 60% and his senior year he was clutch city.

I have yet to see AA play like BA did his senior year.  This is his year to do it, and I hope that he surpasses what BA was able to accomplish.  but he hasn't done that yet.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HogHomer

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 04:12:51 pm
Its a little more difficult to gauge the LB position because all but #51 that year seemed to have rotated in and out. LB in the SEC is a position that generally takes a player time to settle into and become productive in the defense. Personally from what little I've taken in, K. Hackett impressed me the most. Here's a kid who simply has a nose for finding the ball in open field and making the hit.

Exactly what you want surveying the center of your defense. Since the departure of Spaight, they've rotated various different players in and out in what I suspect to succumb for the lack of production they were getting from the mLB position.

I saw huge question marks at the receiver and on the defensive line as well. We've got a talent as good as a kid like T. Agim on the roster playing tackle, when aside from Ledbetter, we've got ends who couldn't manage to lay a finger on the QB or RB in the backfield.  As for receiver I think we failed to use a talent as good as D. Reed and his 4.3 speed properly. A kid who killed it at Coffeyville, came to Arkansas to almost disappear behind slot receivers. Sprinkle clearly wasn't used to the best of his ability in this Arkansas offense, a guy with his size, his speed, with hands is a mixmatch nightmare for defensive coordinators. When you have potential playmakers, its imperative you do what's necessary to find a way to get the ball in their hands.

Hammonds is another prime example, this kids acceleration and footwork is second to none. His ability to change pace and direction in mid-field screams feed him the rock. And to the credit of this staff, it appears they have to some degree have tried. But a play here or there or here a game, maybe there a game won't cut it. This potential needs to become a focal point of your offensive weaponry and used as such.
Everyone of those players that you named that didn't get a fair shot or was held back had deficiencies in their game or didn't take care of things off the field. I can name a reason why each one of those players were back ups this previous year and years previous. I'm not going to because you are never going to change your narrative no matter the facts you are provided with.

gchamblee

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 10:32:52 am
BA was not the best QB on the Arkansas roster and Ellis played four years and never met expectations.

Who was better? Austin who still hasn't matched his brothers numbers or was there someone else?

Vantage 8 dude

Guys and gals, just in case you haven't quite figured it out old Sportster365 is the site's biggest troll. He throws out total nonsense, doesn't back a thing up with actual FACTS (gee, who could have guessed that) and last, but not least, he never bothers to creditably or factually answer or address any of the questions/statements from various posters who actually challenge his garbage. The guy's a total tool.

One thing we should have all learned by now is "never feed the trolls". 

gchamblee

You should take advantage of youtube and educate yourself

gchamblee

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 03:40:08 pm
Austin's a natural gamer, in 2015 he was a Sophomore, Bielema should have given him the opportunity to show he could lead this team as its starting QB. BA was terrible, much of his Senior year attributions can be heavily accredited to Dan Enos.

Do I think AA benefits from the coaching of Enos, sure I do. Yet I also believe that the intangibles Austing brings would have helped this team further along under the tutelage of Jim Chaney.

Austin's ability to drive the ball down the field in key possessions is something BA couldn't manage to do even in his Senior season.  Austin would have had the privilege of playing behind one of the biggest and best Olines in the country that year and an awesome 1-2 combo in the backfield. I could go much further in depth in this reasoning but do not wish to make super lengthy post to make obvious points. Some of you simply choose to ignore.

OMG lol

PorkRinds

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 11, 2017, 04:42:41 pm
Guys and gals, just in case you haven't quite figured it out old Sportster365 is the site's biggest troll. He throws out total nonsense, doesn't back a thing up with actual FACTS (gee, who could have guessed that) and last, but not least, he never bothers to creditably or factually answer or address any of the questions/statements from various posters who actually challenge his garbage. The guy's a total tool.

One thing we should have all learned by now is "never feed the trolls".

It's uncanny. Either you're right or he's nuts.

Sportster365

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 11, 2017, 04:27:48 pm
Someone want to help me locate the stats of that season between Chaney and Enos?

Sportster, you are off your rocker.  BA was throwing the ball in the stands to not get leveled early on.  Look how that worked out for Austin last year?  He held the ball too long.  I can't believe anyone in their right mind can say Austin in 2016 proved to be better than Brandon in 2015. Absolutely mind numbing.

He literally had a lifetime to make a play back there. In fact in years under Pittman Arkansas' Oline averaged the fewest sacks in the SEC. 1.8 in 14' - 0.67 in 13' - 0.67 in 12'. Give a credible QB this type of protection and he ensues damage.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 11, 2017, 04:49:43 pm
It's uncanny. Either you're right or he's nuts.
What??????Not both!!!!?????

gchamblee

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 03:40:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpwsfwRpvW8

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 04:50:51 pm
He literally had a lifetime to make a play back there. In fact in years under Pittman Arkansas' Oline averaged the fewest sacks in the SEC. 1.8 in 14' - 0.67 in 13' - 0.67 in 12'. Give a credible QB this type of protection and he ensues damage.
Come on, dude. Is that honestly the best you have to offer.....yeah, on second thought what a dumb question :( ::)

gchamblee

Im sorry but BA was a beast and if I had to choose between Mallet, BA and Wilson I would take BA every time and twice on Sundays

Sportster365

This is bizarre, much of the reason I choose not to address non-sense. When questions are addressed instead of a rebuttal with actual substance, adults choose to hurl insults. I'm not surprised at all, nor do I think it strange when considering where much of this is coming from.  I haven't directly insulted anyone's person, but I'm the troll here...

PorkRinds

Quote from: gchamblee on April 11, 2017, 04:56:42 pm
Im sorry but BA was a beast and if I had to choose between Mallet, BA and Wilson I would take BA every time and twice on Sundays

I'm not sure I'd go that far but BA was a beast his senior year.

thebignasty

Lol how did this thread turn in to arguing with a guy who doesn't like fayetteville and thinks the appropriate way to express that is to bitch about the kids who are razorbacks and are from fayetteville.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

PorkRinds

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 05:00:28 pm
This is bizarre, much of the reason I choose not to address non-sense. When questions are addressed instead of a rebuttal with actual substance, adults choose to hurl insults. I'm not surprised at all, nor do I think it strange when considering where much of this is coming from.  I haven't directly insulted anyone's person, but I'm the troll here...

Dude it's just that you keep saying things that can be easily proven false over and over.  You claimed Spaight was a MLB and built a point off of that misunderstanding of reality. That's where it's come from. It's staggering to see someone say the things you say repeatedly and get called out and shown how wrong you are and keep going like it never happened.

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 11, 2017, 05:00:32 pm
I'm not sure I'd go that far but BA was a beast his senior year.

Im saying, right now today, I would take BA over any of them. That dude evolved into a beast that could make impossible throws that other higher rated QB's could only dream of making. I think back to how many times in his senior year announcers would say "How in the world did he make that throw" and I really miss him being in the huddle.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: gchamblee on April 11, 2017, 04:56:42 pm
Interesting, but not surprising in the least, how this whole thread which started out as a weeping taking-to-task the staff concerning the alleged inconceivable, unreasonable discipline of Gibson this spring has morphed into his thorough analysis, criticism and insight into all things football including LB play of Ellis and company, QB play of BA and AA amongst others, as well as a must see to be believed breakdown of the various offensive schemes by Chaney versus Enos. Man, where else can we get such hard hitting nonsense but right here on HV?

HogHomer

When you come back with actually concrete stats to back up your claim instead of going on your gut feeling or your knowledge of the game (or lack there of ) then we will come back with a sound logical rebuttal. But for now we're not going to waste time with a great response to your obvious troll attempt

Vantage 8 dude

Besides checking your facts when it comes to various players, etc. you might also want to use the "Spell Check" feature so that such words as "nonsense" are not spelled "non-sense" in your weak and futile attempts at a rebuttal. 

tophawg19

Quote from: RazrRila99 on April 11, 2017, 10:44:18 am
If not BA - WHO?  You mean the same BA who is in the NFL who will probably get significant minutes this season?  That BA? 
BA is in the NFL and Ellis has a chance to make a team . but the failed his standards . not worth it to explain to him
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins