Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Johnny Gibson

Started by grayhawg, March 30, 2017, 09:06:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 04:50:51 pm
He literally had a lifetime to make a play back there. In fact in years under Pittman Arkansas' Oline averaged the fewest sacks in the SEC. 1.8 in 14' - 0.67 in 13' - 0.67 in 12'. Give a credible QB this type of protection and he ensues damage.

His scrambling and then throwing it away helped those  numbers.  Geeze, no wonder we end up with such bad politicians... look at the inteligence of hte voting public

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 11, 2017, 05:34:04 pm
His scrambling and then throwing it away helped those  numbers.  Geeze, no wonder we end up with such bad politicians... look at the inteligence of hte voting public
Well look no further than the "intelligence" of said poster. All the proof one would ever need or want.

factchecker

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 04:12:51 pm
We've got a talent as good as a kid like T. Agim on the roster playing tackle

Who is T. Agim?

His name is M-C-T-E-L-V-I-N.  Not Telvin.  His nickname is Sosa.  NOT TELVIN.  McTelvin Agim:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/mctelvin-agim/

Austin's ability to drive the ball down the field in key possessions is something BA couldn't manage to do even in his Senior season.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

theFlyingHog

Ah the joys of the offseason

Pork Twain

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 04:19:17 pm
How many times in BA's career, prior to Enos and post Chaney did we see BA fail to make the first down when the team needed it the most....time and time again.
I am pretty sure that, that time literally does not exist.  I take that back, prior to Enos (hired on 22 Jan 15) and post Chaney (12 Jan 15), there was a 10 day window of which you speak.  Hell at least you were finally right on something in this post, because it is very doubtful that BA made any first downs during this 10 day window.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 12, 2017, 06:25:11 am
I am pretty sure that, that time literally does not exist.  I take that back, prior to Enos (hired on 22 Jan 15) and post Chaney (12 Jan 15), there was a 10 day window of which you speak.  Hell at least you were finally right on something in this post, because it is very doubtful that BA made any first downs during this 10 day window.

So the answer to his question is literally none. We didn't see that a single time.

Pork Twain

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 12, 2017, 07:39:48 am
So the answer to his question is literally none. We didn't see that a single time.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DaRazorback

Its a little more difficult to gauge the LB position because all but #51 that year seemed to have rotated in and out. LB in the SEC is a position that generally takes a player time to settle into and become productive in the defense. Personally from what little I've taken in, K. Hackett impressed me the most. Here's a kid who simply has a nose for finding the ball in open field and making the hit.

Exactly what you want surveying the center of your defense. Since the departure of Spaight, they've rotated various different players in and out in what I suspect to succumb for the lack of production they were getting from the mLB position.

I saw huge question marks at the receiver and on the defensive line as well. We've got a talent as good as a kid like T. Agim on the roster playing tackle, when aside from Ledbetter, we've got ends who couldn't manage to lay a finger on the QB or RB in the backfield.  As for receiver I think we failed to use a talent as good as D. Reed and his 4.3 speed properly. A kid who killed it at Coffeyville, came to Arkansas to almost disappear behind slot receivers. Sprinkle clearly wasn't used to the best of his ability in this Arkansas offense, a guy with his size, his speed, with hands is a mixmatch nightmare for defensive coordinators. When you have potential playmakers, its imperative you do what's necessary to find a way to get the ball in their hands.

Hammonds is another prime example, this kids acceleration and footwork is second to none. His ability to change pace and direction in mid-field screams feed him the rock. And to the credit of this staff, it appears they have to some degree have tried. But a play here or there or here a game, maybe there a game won't cut it. This potential needs to become a focal point of your offensive weaponry and used as such.

Who in the world is T. Agim. We've never had a player with those initials. Man you are horrible. I'm new here and I can tell that.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DaRazorback on April 12, 2017, 01:36:51 pm
Who in the world is T. Agim. We've never had a player with those initials. Man you are horrible. I'm new here and I can tell that.
Guy's the king total wacko of HV; I can promise you that's saying something.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 11, 2017, 11:20:32 am
It got him there though and you can't lay the lost at the feet of a true freshman QB who had to deal with the sudden departure of his QB/OC coach. Nearly impossible and they still almost won the darn thing.

Alabama's defense is what got him there, not the offense. Recall how many times early Alabama's defense was under the gun at LSU because of QB's mistakes.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

bennyl08

Quote from: Jim Harris on April 12, 2017, 02:04:16 pm
Alabama's defense is what got him there, not the offense. Recall how many times early Alabama's defense was under the gun at LSU because of QB's mistakes.

Pre-playoffs at least, so through 13 games (including the SECCG), Alabama scored 13 non-offensive touchdowns.

Alabama scored 21 points off of a punt return2 and and 2 fumble returns against OM in a game they won by 5 points.

Against Arkansas, Alabama won by 19 points. 14 of those came from defensive touchdowns, which if you take that away, would have been a 5 point victory. Add in that one of those scores was a 100 yard interception return while we were in their redzone on an impressive offensive streak and that defensive scoring kept them out of a tight spot again.

The defense did not guarantee the Arkansas win, but without a doubt they were the reason for the win against OM. Remove their scoring prowess and Bama is a 1 loss team after the SECCG. Recall the controversy of who gets in, who is left out at the end of last season. Now, Bama isn't likely to have been left out, even with one loss. However, it could have easily worked out that Bama played Clemson in the semi-finals and would have lost before making it to the natty.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Sportster365

Quote from: factchecker on April 11, 2017, 06:22:07 pm
Who is T. Agim?

His name is M-C-T-E-L-V-I-N.  Not Telvin.  His nickname is Sosa.  NOT TELVIN.  McTelvin Agim:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/mctelvin-agim/

Its apparent who won the debate when reply's like this is the best response one can come up with.

Besides you take this stuff too seriously... it's only a screen name.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 12, 2017, 03:33:50 pm
Its apparent who won the debate when reply's like this is the best response one can come up with.

Besides you take this stuff too seriously... it's only a screen name.
so why did you steal your screen name from kia?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Sportster365

Its hard to reason with those of a defeatist mindset. Many of CBB fanboys claim he's the right fit for the program and coach will return Arkansas back to relevance, while at the same time doubting CBB will ever be able to sustain 8 - 9 - 10+ win seasons. If you're not winning 8+ games a season, you're not even in consideration of being relevant.

If he fails to win 8 or more this year, which should be his best shot at it, I doubt he will be able to anytime in the near future. Considering this will likely be Austin's last year barring no major injuries and next year he will be starting another first year starter and we're back at square 1 again saying, we'll get em' next year. 

This will definitely be his best chance to date

Florida AM- W

TCU - W

Texax A&M - W (This is the only year since the Sumlin/Bielema rivalry, I see Arkansas having a chance to win)

New Mexico St. - W

South Carolina - W

Alabama - L (Although a road game, should be interesting seeing Bama's new look under a new coordinator - Bielema's best chance since arriving )

Auburn - L (Home game for the Hogs, legit 50/50 chance here, considering how the first half of the sched plays out)

Ole Miss - W ( Too much turmoil surrounding the program, would be surprised if Ole Miss comes our firing on all cylinders next year)

Coastal Carolina - W

LSU - L   (Here's another one of those 50/50 matchups, I think a lot of this will depend on QB play for LSU, will also be interesting to see Orgeron's true fingerprint on this program)

Miss. ST - W

Missouri - W ( Barring no major injuries, if Bielema fails to win more than 7 games this year and some how loses to Missouri, he should fired immediately)

I got them winning 9 games here and a possible 2 more. But given this regimes history... will probably find a way to top out at 7 reg. season wins.