Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SB 724 Passes

Started by ricepig, March 30, 2017, 04:50:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

ricepig

Looks like the final tally was 71-20.

Hogs7672

What's amazing, 20 idiots voted against it.

Scott Marshall

March 30, 2017, 04:57:19 pm #3 Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 05:11:16 pm by Scott Marshall
Rep. Charlie Collins spoke for the bill on Thursday to the House, breaking down what the bill means and what it will amend. Collins called SB724 a change to a "sensible" law.

"Senate bill 724 allows college stadiums for games to submit a security plan to the Arkansas State Police and lay out here's what we're going to do to protect folks at the game," said Rep. Charlie Collins.

The bill passed the House 71-21 (and 1 present)

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/house-passes-bill-to-exempt-conceal-carry-at-sporting-events/683270854

factchecker

Release the names of the 20 idiots that picked the NRA vs. it's citizens.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawgwash

Quote from: factchecker on March 30, 2017, 05:01:20 pm
Agreed! 

a0ashle

Is tailgating open season still?

PonderinHog

Quote from: a0ashle on March 30, 2017, 05:04:08 pm
Is tailgating open season still?
You've got to kill it before you can grill it!

presidenthog

Quote from: ricepig on March 30, 2017, 04:50:11 pm
71-18, I believe

Yay now bo can shut up about it in 2 weeks, and stop going on OtL.

Scott Marshall

Click Image to make bigger

a0ashle

Quote from: presidenthog on March 30, 2017, 05:19:12 pm

Be honest is there any bigger story in Arkansas sports right now that he should talk about instead? The fact that OTL is talking about tells you this isn't a non-issue.

Ironhawg

Good.  Now we can discuss important stuff like whether or not we'll have new uniforms next season or whether CBB is going to lose some weight ever.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: presidenthog on March 30, 2017, 05:19:12 pm

Right, because the back-up tight end we saw stretching on video yesterday was really important. 

Bo was outstanding this week. 

ThisTeetsTaken

So, can I finally bring my AK to tailgate?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ricepig

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 30, 2017, 05:44:28 pm
So, can I finally bring my AK to tailgate?

You're bringing Alaska to the tailgate?

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 30, 2017, 05:47:40 pm
You're bringing Alaska to the tailgate?

That would be one great tailgate of about 700,000 people! Hope he has enough beer. Those are some drinking folks......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

elksnort

Quote from: Hogs7672 on March 30, 2017, 04:54:45 pm
What's amazing, 20 idiots voted against it.
Considering our state it's not that amazing

elksnort

Quote from: factchecker on March 30, 2017, 05:01:20 pm
Good call on your part.

They are self serving people. Just want to get elected.

hawgwash

Quote from: ricepig on March 30, 2017, 05:47:47 pm
https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/847579499826905088
Yeah it's not quite finished yet.  Apparently one or more amendments to the amendment were added by the House, so it has to go back to the Senate again.

rhames

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on March 30, 2017, 05:42:37 pm
Right, because the back-up tight end we saw stretching on video yesterday was really important. 

Bo was outstanding this week. 

Agreed.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hawgwash

Quote from: Scott Marshall on March 30, 2017, 05:27:06 pm

Click Image to make bigger
My representative voted "present".  I checked and he voted that way for the original bill as well.
:-\

factchecker

Quote from: elksnort on March 30, 2017, 06:13:21 pm
Good call on your part.

The whole system needs to be overhauled.  I don't have a side in this fight.  I just don't like the fact that lobbyist such as NRA have more pull than the citizens.  Aren't elected officials supposed to vote in the interests of the people?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: factchecker on March 30, 2017, 06:28:08 pm
The whole system needs to be overhauled.  I don't have a side in this fight.  I just don't like the fact that lobbyist such as NRA have more pull than the citizens.  Aren't elected officials supposed to vote in the interests of the people?

As I've become older and seen a lot of politics I'm becoming more convinced that organizations having paid lobbyist should be outlawed.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

cosmodrum

Quote from: hawgwash on March 30, 2017, 06:26:51 pm
My representative voted "present".  I checked and he voted that way for the original bill as well.

Reeks of punkbitchedness
Go away, batin'

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 30, 2017, 06:31:08 pm
Reeks of punkbitchedness

Or no gonads.....................

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

The Hawg Marshal

Mine voted against it.

The Hawg Marshal

In the immortal words of Mitt Romney "Corporations are people too".

goodguytex

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on March 30, 2017, 06:35:30 pm
Mine voted against it.
Mine voted for it. Carol Dalby. She replaced Prissy Hickerson who was a great representative.

jacobp

Quote from: elksnort on March 30, 2017, 06:13:21 pm
Good call on your part.

Was actually a mixture of Republican NRA supporters and others who didn't like the original bill and want to make more changes, not just this band aid.

Collins has been working on this for 6-8 years now; it's telling that he still couldn't get it right

(notOM)Rebel123

Now sit back and watch the Legislators smile for the camera and pat themselves on the back for another job well done.

They love starting fires and then bragging on themselves for putting it out.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

PossumFan

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 30, 2017, 07:25:33 pm

They love starting fires and then bragging on themselves for putting it out.

This might be the truest statement I've ever read on here, including my own brilliant ones. :-) Kudos.

hawgwash

Anybody know what the amendment was that got added by the House?

elksnort

factchecker

Quote from: hawgwash on March 30, 2017, 08:24:21 pm

I think they are adding provisions that require the state police to sign off on the security level of your stadium.

In other words, there are benchmarks each stadium/facility must pass in order to prohibit (ban/disallow) guns.

I've heard from multiple people that we are beefing up security with the stadium expansion.  We are going to be installing metal detectors or at least giving security staff the metal detecting wands.

Razorback Stadium will have the funds necessary to make the improvements.  I'm sure the other in state schools will  have enough money to reach the benchmarks.  Will WMS have the funds to do so?  Will they increase the tax needed to fund the stadium in order to do so?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Sivad

My representative voted "present". 
The worst kind of fraud.

a0ashle

Quote from: factchecker on March 30, 2017, 08:32:20 pm
I think they are adding provisions that require the state police to sign off on the security level of your stadium.

In other words, there are benchmarks each stadium/facility must pass in order to prohibit (ban/disallow) guns.

I've heard from multiple people that we are beefing up security with the stadium expansion.  We are going to be installing metal detectors or at least giving security staff the metal detecting wands.

Razorback Stadium will have the funds necessary to make the improvements.  I'm sure the other in state schools will  have enough money to reach the benchmarks.  Will WMS have the funds to do so?  Will they increase the tax needed to fund the stadium in order to do so?

Beef up security in order to ban guns, lol. The more I think about the more ridiculous it is. It's as if they feel they NEED ALL THE GUNS to make it safe in the stadium.

Hogsmoke

I was against carrying at games and told my representative this in an email.  I have a concealed carry and normally do carry, but do not think games are the place for it, and imo 25 should be the minimum age for concealed carry.

With that said, not everyone agrees and are strong 2nd admendment people.  I will not fault them for that or how they voted.

factchecker

Quote from: a0ashle on March 30, 2017, 08:46:59 pm
Beef up security in order to ban guns, lol. The more I think about the more ridiculous it is. It's as if they feel they NEED ALL THE GUNS to make it safe in the stadium.

How does metal detectors and stricter entry policies put "ALL THE GUNS" in the stadium?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

theFlyingHog

Just think of it as a union. That's basically what it is. Paid membership, fights for the members in an outrageous manner. Yeah, a union.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgwash on March 30, 2017, 08:24:21 pm

I think they added day cares, and maybe another place as being exempt.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 30, 2017, 06:30:59 pm
As I've become older and seen a lot of politics I'm becoming more convinced that organizations having paid lobbyist should be outlawed.
Try to take away the unions and they will end you.

a0ashle

Quote from: factchecker on March 30, 2017, 08:52:31 pm
How does metal detectors and stricter entry policies put "ALL THE GUNS" in the stadium?

Did I misread? I thought you said that they imposed stricter security guidelines in order to ban guns, which means that you can get away with less strict security if you let people CCL. To me that tells me they are trying to say that stadium are inherently dangerous as is and we need CCL or beefed up security to make up the difference.

("ALL THE GUNS" was silly hyperbole on my part)

(notOM)Rebel123

The whole system needs to be overhauled.  I don't have a side in this fight.  I just don't like the fact that lobbyist such as NRA have more pull than the citizens. Aren't elected officials supposed to vote in the interests of the people?

https://youtu.be/LbaBkDlo1e4

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: a0ashle on March 30, 2017, 09:02:56 pm
Did I misread? I thought you said that they imposed stricter security guidelines in order to ban guns, which means that you can get away with less strict security if you let people CCL. To me that tells me they are trying to say that stadium are inherently dangerous as is and we need CCL or beefed up security to make up the difference.

Don't overthink the issue.

factchecker

Quote from: a0ashle on March 30, 2017, 09:02:56 pm

I misread you.  We are on the same page.

I think they are essentially saying that if you have adequate security then the citizens don't need to arm themselves.

I don't know.  It seems like a whole lot of legislators wanted to keep that NRA cashflow but then realized that they could hurt the only self sufficient athletic department in state.  I'm happy to hear that the Razorbacks are worth more than lobbyists.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

a0ashle

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 30, 2017, 09:06:06 pm
Don't overthink the issue.

You mean like the AR legislature did?

(notOM)Rebel123

a0ashle

Quote from: factchecker on March 30, 2017, 09:07:00 pm
I misread you.  We are on the same page.

I think they are essentially saying that if you have adequate security then the citizens don't need to arm themselves.

I don't know.  It seems like a whole lot of legislators wanted to keep that NRA cashflow but then realized that they could hurt the only self sufficient athletic department in state.  I'm happy to hear that the Razorbacks are worth more than lobbyists.

The provision was only a way to save face and claim it's about safety and not $$. What I don't get is what is in it for NRA? Will this increase gun sales?