Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas basketball is deep with talent

Started by SportsLife, March 28, 2017, 05:32:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsLife

theFlyingHog

So, did you write that yourself and then come here saying it's a great piece? If that's how it works then, ladies, I have a great piece.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 28, 2017, 05:45:13 pm
So, did you write that yourself and then come here saying it's a great piece? If that's how it works then, ladies, I have a great piece.

If it's the chick in your avatar, then I agree.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

lakecityhog

Did you really expect him to come here and say " Here is another crappy write-up about the Hogs"?

daprospecta

Quote from: zuko on March 28, 2017, 10:24:35 pm
I don't look for Arkansas to repeat. The SEC was at it's weakest in years, lots of young teams. The top 5 were all alone and there were no teams below them that were playing .500 ball. Next year, experience will take hold and the league will be better. Frank Martin of SC is one of those guys that is keeping his promise and is right on schedule with his rebuild while Mike Anderson is what in his 7th year and had the benefit of a weak league to get in the NCAA. I don't think it's going to happen next year because the rest of the league will be better.
You do realize that USC-E played in the same SEC you down Mike Anderson for doing well in right? You also realize that Mike has made it to the SEC tourney final the last 2 out of 3 years right? You also realize that while Martin's run this year is impressive, this is his first year making the tournament in, like you said, six years.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: daprospecta on March 28, 2017, 10:52:13 pm
You do realize that USC-E played in the same SEC you down Mike Anderson for doing well in right? You also realize that Mike has made it to the SEC tourney final the last 2 out of 3 years right? You also realize that while Martin's run this year is impressive, this is his first year making the tournament in, like you said, six years.
I love these posts these idiots make. Trying to use SCs run in the tourney to make CMA look bad is so dumb, especially when we were a missed shot or a bad call away from our own run

moses_007

I wouldn't say Arkansas is deep with talent.  It needs to find players who can score 20+ points a game.  We need 5 of 'em and we'd be set.  Right now this club doesn't have great shooters. 

Hawg4life33

Quote from: moses_007 on March 29, 2017, 12:39:05 am
I wouldn't say Arkansas is deep with talent.  It needs to find players who can score 20+ points a game.  We need 5 of 'em and we'd be set.  Right now this club doesn't have great shooters.

How many teams in the country have five guys on their team who can realistically score 20+ points in a game? None of the Final 4 teams have that.

010HogFan

Quote from: moses_007 on March 29, 2017, 12:39:05 am

Don't think this thread is about our current team. It's about the amount of talent in Arkansas HS basketball

GuvHog

Quote from: daprospecta on March 28, 2017, 10:52:13 pm

No, this is Frank Martin's 5th year in South Carolina. They should have been in last year but got hosed and that's most likely why they were a 7 seed this year despite finishing 4th in the SEC while the Hogs who finished 3rd were an 8 seed.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HogFoo

I don't look for Arkansas to repeat. The SEC was at it's weakest in years, lots of young teams. The top 5 were all alone and there were no teams below them that were playing .500 ball. Next year, experience will take hold and the league will be better. Frank Martin of SC is one of those guys that is keeping his promise and is right on schedule with his rebuild while Mike Anderson is what in his 7th year and had the benefit of a weak league to get in the NCAA. I don't think it's going to happen next year because the rest of the league will be better.
dude.  What exactly are you talking about.  The league wasn't near as bad as what some were trying to say.  Heck, Vandy was one bad mistake by themselves away from all 5 of the SEC teams making it to the 2nd round.  And who knows what Vandy would have done from that point.  Heck, we were a ref aided bad calls from beating UNC and that would have put 4teams in the sweet16.  And I really believe had we beat UNC we would have beaten Butler and met UK again in the Elite 8.  We very well could have had 4 of the 8 teams in the elite8.  That's crazy for a "weak conference".   What's funny here is you give credit to Frank Martin and say he has it turned around even though this is his FIRST trip to the tourney and yet you fail to recognize Mike's accomplishments so far???  What is wrong with you man?    Well I got news for you dude.  Mike has some awesome talent coming over the next 4yrs from just within the state of Arkansas!  He is going to be here for quite a while.  So you might as well go back to where you came from or enjoy it or as FCJ so eloquently put it, cancel your acct!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

zebradynasty

Several questions:

So, why is it that only Mike has benefitted from a "weak league"? If Martin is so good why did it take him 6 years to make the NCAA in a "weak League"? If Martin is so much better coach why didn't he beat the hogs this year? Last year SC came to the Bud and beat the brakes off Arkansas. But Mike gets no credit for improving this year over last year. 

Letsroll1200

You do know that Arkansas beat South Carolina at South Carolina this season? South Carolina benefited by playing their first two NCAA games in the state of South Carolina.

010HogFan

stop it. this is a terrible take.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 28, 2017, 05:45:13 pm

No, the writer is HOGdayafternoon

PonderinHog

Youngsta71701

Troll alert?!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"