Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scott Pagano Watch

Started by East TN HAWG, March 27, 2017, 09:42:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

East TN HAWG

March 27, 2017, 09:42:45 am Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 10:08:39 am by East TN HAWG
He visited ND this past weekend.  Not a whole lot of buzz around the visit.  Hopefully, this is good news for us.  We need him to come in, and coach a few of our young DL on how to run the 3-4. 

ND- Mar 4- Done
OU- Mar 31
Hogs- April 7
TX- Apr 14
OR- Apr 21

ricepig

East TN HAWG

I actually read that article, but did not pick up on the date.  Thanks for correction.

ricepig

Pagano cancels OU and Arkansas visits.

LJHOG

ricepig

LJHOG

ricepig

presidenthog

Quote from: ricepig on March 27, 2017, 08:08:26 pm
Likes another better.

Well that sucks. Would have felt much better about this defense with him.

onebadrubi

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: presidenthog on March 27, 2017, 08:25:17 pm
Well that sucks. Would have felt much better about this defense with him.
The NG is too important in a 3-4 defense to be dependent on someone from outside. I think Bijhon Jackson will step up and do just fine, the new scheme is geared towards his skill set anyway
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Steef

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 28, 2017, 08:19:43 am
The NG is too important in a 3-4 defense to be dependent on someone from outside. I think Bijhon Jackson will step up and do just fine, the new scheme is geared towards his skill set anyway

Agree. Long as he stays healthy. A lot is riding on him this year.

navyhog24

I think it helps that Tayland Humphrey is coming to visit with Gabe Richardson. They were teammates in Juco. Humphrey is 6'5" 350lb NT that we need for the 3-4. Otis even cb'd him to the Hogs as well.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 28, 2017, 08:19:43 am

Bijhon hasn't proven that he can go several plays in a row, Pagano would have been proven depth. Just like right now, Bijhon is hampered with a quad/hamstring issue, we need interior help for this season. Marshall and Guidry are slated to get some time there, along with Capps, but I wouldn't have turned him down for being an "outsider", lol.

colbs

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 28, 2017, 08:33:48 am
I think it helps that Tayland Humphrey is coming to visit with Gabe Richardson. They were teammates in Juco. Humphrey is 6'5" 350lb NT that we need for the 3-4. Otis even cb'd him to the Hogs as well.
Would be a nice pick-up.  He is not rated yet but you have to believe with his offer list he will probably be a 4*.

bennyl08

Quote from: Steef on March 28, 2017, 08:24:33 am
Agree. Long as he stays healthy. A lot is riding on him this year.

Biggest issue with Jackson is the same issues we saw with Hodge. Finding a big NT is somewhat hard, but finding one who can play an entire game due to good conditioning is harder.

On the bright side, Hodge made a huge leap his senior year and was finally able to take most the snaps as a starter. Furthermore, coach has previously called out Bijhon in previous years about his lack of conditioning. This year, coach praised him for how lean he is coming out of the winter program. So, things are taking a good shape.

We currently have 2 guys that are more than ready to play the NT position for us (Jackson and Capps), but as of the roster we had last year and who we've added in this recruiting class, I'm not sure we have somebody ready to give us a third. Obviously, plenty of time for people to add more weight or if we are not running a 2-gap 3-4 a whole lot, Sosa could even be an effective NT in a 1-gap 3-4 where the goal is quickness rather than eating up blockers.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 29, 2017, 01:14:00 am
Biggest issue with Jackson is the same issues we saw with Hodge. Finding a big NT is somewhat hard, but finding one who can play an entire game due to good conditioning is harder.

On the bright side, Hodge made a huge leap his senior year and was finally able to take most the snaps as a starter. Furthermore, coach has previously called out Bijhon in previous years about his lack of conditioning. This year, coach praised him for how lean he is coming out of the winter program. So, things are taking a good shape.

We currently have 2 guys that are more than ready to play the NT position for us (Jackson and Capps), but as of the roster we had last year and who we've added in this recruiting class, I'm not sure we have somebody ready to give us a third. Obviously, plenty of time for people to add more weight or if we are not running a 2-gap 3-4 a whole lot, Sosa could even be an effective NT in a 1-gap 3-4 where the goal is quickness rather than eating up blockers.
What in the world happened to Armon Watts? Hes 6'5 and easily our biggest defensive lineman but has hardly touched the field in this 3 years
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

New article about Bijhon Jackson just dropped on Whole hog sports. Heres part of what Frank Ragnow had to say about Jackson, "Bijhon has always been a freak. And he's different now. He changed his body. You will see. Quicker than ever. He went on a diet. He's more explosive and this is the perfect defense for that kind of player."

bennyl08

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 29, 2017, 07:00:11 am
What in the world happened to Armon Watts? Hes 6'5 and easily our biggest defensive lineman but has hardly touched the field in this 3 years

Easily?

As of last summer which is the last official weights we have
Jackson: 6'2 335
Caps: 6'4 309
Marshall: 6'4 299
Guidry 6'3 294
Watts 6'5 293
Agim: 6'3 289
Smith 6'3 285
Dean 6'3 281

After that, the next heaviest listed DL is Hall at 6'5 but only 266. So, Watts is the tallest of the 280+'ers, but if by big you mean how much mass they have, he's only 5th among DL players with several others that could potentially pass him in size depending on this weight season went.

Watts will only be a junior next season so he still has two more years to make an impact. He redshirted in 2014, saw action in 11 games in 2015 and made 2 tackles, but then only saw action against MSU last year and made one tackle.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

presidenthog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 29, 2017, 07:00:11 am

He was a reach. Always was one. I thought this was established as mainstream thought.

Pig in the Pokey

Capps is going to be a star for us at NG.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 30, 2017, 02:26:58 pm
Capps is going to be a star for us at NG.

Yep between he and Jackson we should have a good two deep there for sure.

Oklahawg

Quote from: presidenthog on March 30, 2017, 03:50:55 am
He was a reach. Always was one. I thought this was established as mainstream thought.

What stream is your main stream?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Muskliketusk

He ain't cancelled on OU. He is their today. Might mean will be on the Hill next weekend and there is a buncha bad info out their.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

ricepig

Quote from: Muskliketusk on April 01, 2017, 04:20:02 pm
He ain't cancelled on OU. He is their today. Might mean will be on the Hill next weekend and there is a buncha bad info out their.

He supposedly is going to Oregon next weekend, now.

Muskliketusk

Don't make no sense. He's right here might as well give us a look if you done said you would. How'd OU get him to visit if he did cancel? Feels like getting out worked. If they can change his mind HCBB can to.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

870rzrback

We already filled the roster spot they were saving for him. Gave one of the kids that was gonna blue shirt that scholarship instead of blue shirting him when Pagano announced he wasn't gonna visit

secneahog

This is very old news to me. Greatest 100 dollars I ever spent, was joining rivals.  My gosh, if you aren't on a paid site, your waisting your time. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: secneahog on April 03, 2017, 08:17:20 pm
This is very old news to me. Greatest 100 dollars I ever spent, was joining rivals.  My gosh, if you aren't on a paid site, your waisting your time.
I may be waisting time but at least my waste is getting smaller

CDBHawg

At least a week old.

Quote from: ricepig on March 27, 2017, 07:13:18 pm
Pagano cancels OU and Arkansas visits.

navyhog24

Lol you pay to listen to Trey Biddy or even used to pay to listen to Otis. Worst investment ever.

ADavisTheGOAT

Rumor is that he'll be staying at Clemson.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech