Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twitter Campaign to bring back Macon/Barford

Started by Hogs49ers, March 24, 2017, 07:20:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

I think it would be powerful to negate the negative tweets to Macon by having a bunch of people on Hogville bombarding Macon/Barford's twitter page with a positive, consistent message and hashtag, something like:

@YoD4, @JBarford1 - we need y'all to come back year to compete for a National Championship! #1MoreYear #WeNeedYou #Hogs18NCAAChampions

I really think Hogville is powerful enough to create quite a large twitter campaign and could prove to be very powerful to Macon and Barford with the fans showing how much we care about them.  What do y'all think?  Any thoughts or ideas?
SCREW Vandy!

BoarnSupremacy

We really need one of them back at least.  Neither are ready for NBA.  I don't know anything about twitter.

Letsroll1200

hogwood

What are the negative tweets that are going on?

BannerMountainMan

The negative tweets are the positive ones saying y'all won't make the NBA and y'all should come back. Which makes them want to prove y'all wrong even more
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Danny J

Quote from: hogwood on March 24, 2017, 07:47:57 pm
One tweet stated that if Macon left early he would only be able to find work at McDonalds

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogs49ers on March 24, 2017, 07:20:13 pm
I think it would be powerful to negate the negative tweets to Macon by having a bunch of people on Hogville bombarding Macon/Barford's twitter page with a positive, consistent message and hashtag, something like:

@YoD4, @JBarford1 - we need y'all to come back year to compete for a National Championship! #1MoreYear #WeNeedYou #Hogs18NCAAChampions

I really think Hogville is powerful enough to create quite a large twitter campaign and could prove to be very powerful to Macon and Barford with the fans showing how much we care about them.  What do y'all think?  Any thoughts or ideas?

Wouldn't it be easier to ask them to check out Jumpball on HV?  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hogs49ers

Yah, I am not talking about tweeting anything that would make them think that they cannot make it in the NBA and that they would end up at McDonalds (that is ridiculous).  I am just talking about tweeting them to show our support for wanting them back to make a difference next year.  You cannot tell me that 2 young guys at the age of 20-21 would not appreciate a bunch of their fans showing their appreciation and support of wanting them to come play 1 more year as a Hog.
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 24, 2017, 07:58:12 pm
Wouldn't it be easier to ask them to check out Jumpball on HV?

Kids these days love Twitter and love retweeting positive tweets about them on their own twitter page so that all their friends and family can see.  Twitter is and will continue to be a major tool in recruiting and showing players support going forward.
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Hogs49ers on March 24, 2017, 08:01:29 pm
Kids these days love Twitter and love retweeting positive tweets about them on their own twitter page so that all their friends and family can see.  Twitter is and will continue to be a major tool in recruiting and showing players support going forward.

Plus, I am not sure I would want to send any player or recruit to Hogville with all the negative posts bashing players.
SCREW Vandy!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogs49ers on March 24, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
Plus, I am not sure I would want to send any player or recruit to Hogville with all the negative posts bashing players.

I'm well aware of the impact of twitter. Calm down. I was just kidding. Geez. Tweet on.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

(notOM)Rebel123

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: hogwood on March 24, 2017, 07:47:57 pm

My first--and only--question. How could anyone have anything negative to say about either one of those guys? Unless it's an opponent.

Hog Fan from Camden

Does every fan base shoot their selves in the head like we do?  WOW!

reddawg213

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 24, 2017, 08:24:20 pm

This right here...

Agreed. I don't think either of them is so weak minded that a handful of tweets would sway them making such a life-changing decision. They will ultimately make the best choice for them, their family and their future and we should respect that and wish them well.

That being said, we all want them back

Hogs49ers

Alright, so no twitter campaign.  Thanks for y'alls opinions, this is why I asked him first to see what y'all thought.
SCREW Vandy!

Hollywood_HOGan45

3kgthog

forrest city joe

Leave these young men alone. let them make their decision with their family without pressure from people from the outside.leave these young men alone on twitter and else where.BACK OFF!

elksnort

(notOM)Rebel123

Rawker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 24, 2017, 07:39:06 pm
Just leave them alone.

Agreed.  It's one thing to pontificate on boards like this about what they might do, but when you start pestering them about these matters - not knowing them personally or being related to them by virtue of family - it SEVERELY crosses a line that you should not cross in this arena and many others.  I'm a huge fan that still can't get over a game played over a week ago, which is a type of mental sickness in itself, and in my opinion, what you're suggesting is REALLY sicko.

logic

Quote from: elksnort on March 25, 2017, 07:07:24 pm
Help me out? Where are they going?
They might play in the European league and make at least twice as much as playing the D-League.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 24, 2017, 07:58:12 pm
Wouldn't it be easier to ask them to check out Jumpball on HV?  ;)

Well played sir.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

bolo1010

I don't know why it wont load my first tweet but ya'll get the point.  Let em know that Hog Nation and the state of Arkansas has their back if they come back and put in one more year.  If Macon does come back and they put in the work this summer (which I know they will)  Could be one of the best seasons we have had in a long time.

So glad basketball is trending back up!

bolo1010

Quote from: Hogs49ers on March 24, 2017, 08:42:00 pm
Alright, so no twitter campaign.  Thanks for y'alls opinions, this is why I asked him first to see what y'all thought.

Funk it.  Aint nothing wrong with some encouraging words from some proud hog fans.  Be thankful what they did this year,  understand they have big decisions to make, let them know Hog Nation and the state of Arkansas is behind them 100% on any decision they make and let them know how much it would mean to us, as fans, if they came back for 1 more year and did something special. 

As long as you're not straight up begging them to come back then I dont see whats wrong with showing them recognition on twitter and how much they mean to our state and what kind of special season they could have.  If you do it, let them know that you care about their future like we all should.  These are some good kids and whatever they do decide I'll support them.

But damn I would love to have everybody back.  Of course Macon and Barford but CJ Jones, Bailey, Thompson, Beard, Thomas ( if he works hard this summer I can see him making big strides) Cook, Hazen, then with the studs we are bringing in next year!  It could be a special season.   

micali

This type of shite is why I hate social media. If that person was face to face with Macon I bet he wouldn't say that. Act like an adult and don't tweet anything if you can't be nice. #commensence

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: micali on March 30, 2017, 07:19:58 am
This type of shite is why I hate social media. If that person was face to face with Macon I bet he wouldn't say that. Act like an adult and don't tweet anything if you can't be nice. #commensence

Before social media it was fan mail.  Chill out gramps

BigD94

Just leave players and recruits alone and let them make their own decision.
WOO PIG!

hogsanity

The fact that grown men would take the time to contact players a basically beg them to stay is just beyond sad, and that some would say derogatory things to them is even worse.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogFansReunited

I would love to have both of them back and I honestly think it would be in their best interest to come back.  It is their decision to make though and we as fans should respect whatever they decide to do.  I personally won't go on twitter but if other fans wish to tweet the players, hopefully they will be respectful and won't insult them in any way.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Little Lady Back

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 30, 2017, 10:07:14 am
I would love to have both of them back and I honestly think it would be in their best interest to come back.  It is their decision to make though and we as fans should respect whatever they decide to do.  I personally won't go on twitter but if other fans wish to tweet the players, hopefully they will be respectful and won't insult them in any way.

I agree with you.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

ATU HOG

They'll be back.  Neither would get drafted but could play overseas if they wanted.  At the end of the day, I see them trying to improve their chances of getting drafted and if that doesn't happen they'll both be overseas.  I don't see them going anywhere this year though.

hogsanity

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 30, 2017, 10:07:14 am

I honestly think it would be in their best interest to come back. 

How do you know what is in their best interest? I do not know what is in their best interest any more than I know what is in your best interest or you know mine.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogFansReunited

Quote from: hogsanity on March 30, 2017, 10:53:41 am
How do you know what is in their best interest? I do not know what is in their best interest any more than I know what is in your best interest or you know mine.

Yeah they might need the money now but by staying for one more year, they could make much more.  Pretty simple concept for most people to grasp.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

micali

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 30, 2017, 07:27:36 am
Before social media it was fan mail.  Chill out gramps
so your saying it's ok? Far from a gramps. Just because I hate this part of SM makes me old? Thanks for pointing that out.

hogsanity

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 30, 2017, 11:07:59 am
Yeah they might need the money now but by staying for one more year, they could make much more.  Pretty simple concept for most people to grasp.

Well, they could quit basketball all together, get a degree and work somewhere for 40 years with great benefits, etc, so I think it is in their best interest to quit basketball. See how that works.

Everyone wants them to stay because they think they will help the Hogs win games, plain and simple.

popcornhog

Quote from: Hogs49ers on March 24, 2017, 07:20:13 pm

I didn't realize that either of them was even considering leaving early.
WPS

PharmacistHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 25, 2017, 06:25:49 pm
Leave these young men alone. let them make their decision with their family without pressure from people from the outside.leave these young men alone on twitter and else where.BACK OFF!

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

rude1

I will believe this stuff matters when I hear a player say "I was ready to go to the NBA, but then there was this great twitter campaign wanting me to return so I did." When a player decides he is either leaving or staying, I find it very very very doubtful it has anything to do with what's going on in social media of any form.

PORKULATOR

I want them both back, but I'm giving them the privacy they deserve to finish the semester and so should all of us. However, it does not hurt to twee a little positive stuff to them if you follow them on twitter
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

TomasPistola

I think just like we don't let kids drive cars without lessons and a test, older people shouldn't be allowed to use social media without training and a test. If one of both of those kids decides to leave they'll see the ass end of the State of Arkansas so fast...
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogsanity on March 30, 2017, 02:57:10 pm
Well, they could quit basketball all together, get a degree and work somewhere for 40 years with great benefits, etc, so I think it is in their best interest to quit basketball. See how that works.

Everyone wants them to stay because they think they will help the Hogs win games, plain and simple.

I agree, however, I do think it is ok to congratulate them on twitter and also mention that they are much appreciated. Anything more should probably be avoided, especially opining about their prospects and the wisdom of their choice to stay or go.

Some people are commenting that they are going to have to stay here because they aren't talented enough to make it in the NBA. I mean, wow, really? You suck so you might as well stay and play for us, huh.

Such an ungrateful fan base. I hope none of you have kids because some of you might find some suicide notes.
Hogs up! Covid down!

reddawg213

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 31, 2017, 10:44:42 am

Such an ungrateful fan base. I hope none of you have kids because some of you might find some suicide notes.

311Hog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 31, 2017, 10:44:42 am
I agree, however, I do think it is ok to congratulate them on twitter and also mention that they are much appreciated. Anything more should probably be avoided, especially opining about their prospects and the wisdom of their choice to stay or go.

Some people are commenting that they are going to have to stay here because they aren't talented enough to make it in the NBA. I mean, wow, really? You suck so you might as well stay and play for us, huh.

eh this is pretty radical post.  I do not think it is a 'stretch" by any means for people to be pretty dang sure neither of these kids is getting drafted.

It isn't that they don't have the talent, they do, but only a blind man would look at the situation and honestly think "oh yeah based on this body of work and compared to the other 2 guards available they will surely be drafted" no i dont think anyone would.

I am not saying that would change if they came back, but i think it would be a pretty good possibility especially if they went further than this past year.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 311Hog on March 31, 2017, 01:18:32 pm
eh this is pretty radical post.  I do not think it is a 'stretch" by any means for people to be pretty dang sure neither of these kids is getting drafted.

It isn't that they don't have the talent, they do, but only a blind man would look at the situation and honestly think "oh yeah based on this body of work and compared to the other 2 guards available they will surely be drafted" no i dont think anyone would.

I am not saying that would change if they came back, but i think it would be a pretty good possibility especially if they went further than this past year.

I'm saying it is not appropriate to second guess the dreams and aspirations of young folks, even when we think we know better.
Hogs up! Covid down!

311Hog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 31, 2017, 01:32:04 pm
I'm saying it is not appropriate to second guess the dreams and aspirations of young folks, even when we think we know better.

Well if someone is saying they should give up on ever playing in the NBA i might agree with you, but telling a kid/young man that the prospects of them being drafted and actually sticking with an NBA team are almost non existent when that is absolutely the truth is what people need more of not less.

I just took a quick look at the "top" guards for upcoming draft on CBS and 36 players were listed and Barford and Macon were not among them.  As i said being honest and second guessing dreams are not the same thing.