Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next year's hogs=this year's gamecocks?

Started by Waldron_Hog, March 20, 2017, 05:08:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Waldron_Hog

I see some similarities with the way the talent on the floor looks.

Gafford would be like silva.
Barford would be the thornwell.
Macon would cover notice/dozier contributions.
Thompson is better than their other big.
Don't know if we have a pg like their frosh pg.
I like our bench a lot better.

Thoughts?

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on March 20, 2017, 05:08:57 pm
I see some similarities with the way the talent on the floor looks.

Gafford would be like silva.
Barford would be the thornwell.
Macon would cover notice/dozier contributions.
Thompson is better than their other big.
Don't know if we have a pg like their frosh pg.
I like our bench a lot better.

Thoughts?

May already be better...

Better question:  what if Arkansas had been the 7 and SC the 8 seed?   

wavybone

Think our defense could reach their level. One thing I like is that we have two legitimate scorers coming back (Barford and Macon). Will be interesting to see how Jones develops. If he can fill Dusty's role, I think we could be a legit top 25 team. Our defense next year is going to be really good with all the length and talent we'll have.

Wanted to add that one good reason I think CJ will fill that role is his ceiling. Jimmy Carter said he thought he had the highest NBA ceiling on this team at the beginning of the year and Mike has a proven track record when it comes to player development. If CJ reaches that potential, look out.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: wavybone on March 20, 2017, 05:14:19 pm
Think our defense could reach their level. One thing I like is that we have two legitimate scorers coming back (Barford and Macon). Will be interesting to see how Jones develops. If he can fill Dusty's role, I think we could be a legit top 25 team. Our defense next year is going to be really good with all the length and talent we'll have.

Wanted to add that one good reason I think CJ will fill that role is his ceiling. Jimmy Carter said he thought he had the highest NBA ceiling on this team at the beginning of the year and Mike has a proven track record when it comes to player development. If CJ reaches that potential, look out.

We'll see on Macon. Hope he does come back.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

lynbug

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 20, 2017, 05:23:26 pm
We'll see on Macon. Hope he does come back.
What's the scoop on Macon?  Transfer?  Euro-route?  Mad because he didn't start?  What?

Rawker

Screw the Cocks.  We're already better.  We got screwed in the tourney and they didn't.  Only diff.  And yes, in reference to an earlier reply, it makes no sense why the Hogs didn't get the 7 seed and they got the 8th.  I take this season's Hog team over the Cocks any day.  We fought like Hell to win several games in a row to end the year, while they pissed several away and still ended up with a better seed.  Why do I even watch this sport?  It's littered with cheating and bullcrap!!

ShadowHawg

We were better than SC this season. I hope we don't take a step back.