Center Recruit

Started by HAM ELLIOT, March 20, 2017, 12:01:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HAM ELLIOT

HossHog

Quote from: HAM ELLIOT on March 20, 2017, 12:01:14 am
Anyone know anything about this guy?

http://247sports.com/player/connor-vanover-85013
from my understanding he is not interested in running up and down the floor. He likes Bama who plays very slowly, I have seen him play and I'm honestly not impressed. I'm not sure his ppg but it should be a lot higher than what it is. I am by no means bashing him he has a beautiful stroke from 3 but he's in love with shooting the 3 and does not go in the post a lot. Again this is all I saw from 2 or 3 games.

passinghog

It's not like we have a top 35 player nationally signed for next year or anything that plays the same position...

HAM ELLIOT

Quote from: Showtimehog on March 20, 2017, 12:18:31 am
It's not like we have a top 35 player nationally signed for next year or anything that plays the same position...
Oh, I apologize.  I wasnt aware that we couldnt sign 2 at the same position.  Thanks for the clarification!

hawgwild child

Quote from: HossHog on March 20, 2017, 12:05:04 am
from my understanding he is not interested in running up and down the floor. He likes Bama who plays very slowly, I have seen him play and I'm honestly not impressed. I'm not sure his ppg but it should be a lot higher than what it is. I am by no means bashing him he has a beautiful stroke from 3 but he's in love with shooting the 3 and does not go in the post a lot. Again this is all I saw from 2 or 3 games.
Ive heard the same, and from someone who has had to coach against him.  With that said, if we could take a chance and had room, he may be a 4 year guy who could develop into a great player

Inhogswetrust

My nephew used to teach there. I've seen him play. Tall but vey skinny. Needs to work in the weight room a lot. He does not want to be known strictly as a prototypical center. Likes to move out side when he can. Doesn't want to play with his back to the basket like a lot of kids don't nowadays. He obviously is so tall for such a small school clarification that he can pretty much do whatever he wants. IF he played in a bigger classification or against stronger competition he'd need to really get stronger. He has potential if he will work at it. He's a really nice kid. Good luck to him. I'v heard he is leaning towards Kansas.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ShadowHawg

He is  way too slow and not very strong. Taco Falls would destroy him and Taco ain't all that.

VivanLosCaniches!

Quote from: Showtimehog on March 20, 2017, 12:18:31 am

Yeah who needs depth at a height sensitive position, after all, we looked great at the 5 spot this year when Moses took a seat  ::) .............

rude1

Quote from: VivanLosCaniches! on March 20, 2017, 12:34:00 am
Yeah who needs depth at a height sensitive position, after all, we looked great at the 5 spot this year when Moses took a seat  ::) .............
Who needs a 5 that the other teams 5 is going to torch getting back down the court on every trip? Better have some strong 4s or guys who can cover 2 men while you wait on your big man to catchup with everyone else.

BannerMountainMan

I have seen him play about 20 times and In no way shape or form can he play for Mike Anderson, he can't play a whole quarter because he's so slow and his knees are real bad...from growing to tall to fast.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

passinghog

Spring signing session is a "best available player/best available at need position" situation. He's way, way, way down the totem pole, putting it nicely.