Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this the most painful MBB loss of the 21st century?

Started by TebowHater, March 19, 2017, 07:36:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

It is for me. Would have been a program defining/changing win and we had it in our hands. Only to lock up on O and suffer from numerous bad calls. So sad

40MINSOFHELL

Yes because we haven't been to the sweet 16 since 1996 and it was right there in our hands.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Danny J

LRHawg

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

RaisinHog

It hurt but it also shows we are on the way back we have a 1 seed all they wanted and then some ...I think we earned alot of respect from the national.media tonight but yes I did tear up a lil when we lost the lead very painful

oldbear

It was an incredibly painful loss, but also one that can be turned into a positive. It really is us against the world and CMA can use it as motivation to come back stronger next year. I would make a highlight reel of the calls in this and the SEC championship game and set it on a loop anytime I wanted to make the players mad. Loved the effort today.

passinghog

This and the 2001 loss to Georgetown, though this bigger due to the opponent and location we would've beaten them at.

EastMemphisHog

It hurts. But it's also the most encouraged I've been about the program in a very long time.

The Hogfather

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 19, 2017, 09:01:04 pm
Just can't get over the hump.

This hump was a #1 seed. No shame for this loss. Showed tremendous heart.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 19, 2017, 09:01:04 pm
Just can't get over the hump.

This felt similar to the football team's 14-13 loss to Bama in 2014. 

WorfHog

TebowHater

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on March 19, 2017, 09:14:27 pm
This felt similar to the football team's 14-13 loss to Bama in 2014.

Excellent comparison. Excellent. So close.

The_Iceman

You said we locked up on O, but we also faced an excellent defensive team. Give credit to UNC for their defense.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 19, 2017, 09:22:02 pm
You said we locked up on O, but we also faced an excellent defensive team. Give credit to UNC for their defense.

I think the injuries hurt us on O down the stretch. We weren't able to penetrate after we had 3 of our ball handlers go out with injuries.

bigyellowdog

Quote from: cshivley1 on March 19, 2017, 08:59:38 pm
It hurts. But it's also the most encouraged I've been about the program in a very long time.

Agreed.   We played really well today.   If we had not dug ourselves such a hole in the first half, things may have also turned out differently.

Hogz87

Yes, most painful loss since '95 in my opinion.  At the same time, it was an extremely encouraging loss.  I wish we could get one more year of Kingsley and Hannahs. If we could bring this team back next year we'd be a top 15 team.  Regardless, it was a painful, yet encouraging loss that gives me hope for the first tim in forever that Arkansas basketball is on the right path.