Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ronnie to Utah!

Started by Hog Belly, June 28, 2006, 08:01:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Belly

edmo

Zen_Hog

Zen_Hog

He was wearing the Jazz blue suit also...

hawgfan_18

so i don't guess he's coming back

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

3kgthog

I am positive I heard a gigantic groan from the entire Razorback community when RB went to Utah. That is just disgusting. I could've pulled for him in Chicago, Nawlins/OKC, Orlando, or even Philly. But Utah? No way will I ever buy a hat with a stinking musical symbol on it. It also doesn't help that Utah is a media market of death and we'll never get to see him play unless we pony up the cash for the overpriced NBA tv package. So from all of us in Arkansas: Ronnie, we are so very sorry. Thank the Lord you are getting paid millions because that's the only thing that makes Salt Lake City look special.

noprayerfornutt

Josef

I dont like Utah....Wish the Magic would have taken him. Ronnie brewer will be the minority lol.

Hogz87

Even Deron Williams(Utah's "black" guy) isn't even black.  He'll be a good fit to run alongside AK47 and Deron Williams in Utah.

edmo

I sure didn't see him going there.

Hogz87

Quote from: edmo on June 28, 2006, 08:26:53 pm
I sure didn't see him going there.

I actually figured that's where he'd be going for quite sometime. 

FayettenamVeteran

Utah is the worst media market in the NBA and by far the most boring Western Conference team there is.  Brewer will be one of their better players along with Carlos Boozer.  At least he can wake up and look out over the Wasatch most mornings.   ;D

sasnakrafan

is that a lottery pick??? what numbers are considered lottery picks?

edmo

3kgthog

I was just numb upon the words coming from David Stern's mouth. It's like RB has just been drafted by another country. I'm trying very hard to find some way to become like .01% Jazz fan, but I simply cannot do it. Is this wrong of me or are some of you having the same problem?

Hogz87

1-14 are considered the lottery picks now.  Used to be 1-13 before the Bobcats were added to the league.

Zen_Hog

Jazz never play on ABC/ESPN :( maybe TNT?

Hogz87

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on June 28, 2006, 08:31:30 pm
Utah is the worst media market in the NBA and by far the most boring Western Conference team there is.  Brewer will be one of their better players along with Carlos Boozer.  At least he can wake up and look out over the Wasatch most mornings.   ;D

Boozer isn't their best player.  Andrei Kirilenko is a super star and their best player.

Zen_Hog

Utah is the worst media market in the NBA and by far the most boring Western Conference team there is.  Brewer will be one of their better players along with Carlos Boozer.  At least he can wake up and look out over the Wasatch most mornings.   ;D

Boozer isn't that good.

noprayerfornutt

June 28, 2006, 08:35:29 pm #20 Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:37:29 pm by noprayerfornutt
At least he did not go to the Lakers--or to the Knicks.  Definately do not want Zeke ruining his career.

three

This is actually a great position for him.  He won't be too scruitinized early on if he isn't blowing people away.  He and Kirielinko will cause havoc on opposing 2s and 3s with their length and athleticism, and Deron Williams is a very good young PG.  I like the pick, though I hate he is in Utah.  Jerry Sloan will turn him into an All-star, and I don't think he'd be an All-Star anywhere else.  But Sloan will give him the coaching and direction he did not get from Heath.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

Kodiak

My wife and I noticed that RB didn't look to happy with the pick.
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

cmakrzrbak

I absolutely hate the Jazz.  However, now that Ronnie has to play there, I will root for them like they are the Hogs of the NBA.  Kirlinko is the man.   GO JAZZ! 
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

noprayerfornutt

Quote from: Kodiak on June 28, 2006, 08:43:45 pm
My wife and I noticed that RB didn't look to happy with the pick.

Neither did Ron Sr.

PigDaddyKane

In today's NBA its not a life sentence.  How many players drafted tonight have already changed teams.  Look at Joe Johnson, he was in Boston for half a year before he was traded.  Three years most and he will move on to some place where we can watch him play.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

pfrg999

I HOPE He is Traded...to Dallas, Miami, Detroit, Chicago Damn really just anywhere
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Craig O Squeal

Utah isn't a death sentence. John Stockton and Karl Malone had very good careers there, while they didn't win championships there, they were still solid players there. Also, players there are revered in town like gods, because it's all they have there. Maybe it will be a good fit for the early portion of his career, and not be the pressure cooker that a Philly or NY or someplace like that would've been. A good place to get his NBA feet wet. JMO.

dirthog

I was in salt lake last fall they have the widest city streets ive ever seen, about as wide as the street is at the 71 and joyce intersection, in dowtown salt lake.
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

bigred7987

only reason they are revered like gods is because they are mormon lol.  I can't pull myself to root for them either.  Hate it for Ronnie

Calling All Hogs

J.J. Redick goes 11th? What a big time mistake for the Orlando Magic. Their general manager
must have been drunker than JJ behind the wheel. LOL

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Hogz87 on June 28, 2006, 08:34:41 pm
Utah is the worst media market in the NBA and by far the most boring Western Conference team there is.  Brewer will be one of their better players along with Carlos Boozer.  At least he can wake up and look out over the Wasatch most mornings.   ;D

Andrei Kirilenko is a super star and their best player.

Kirilenko is good, but not quite a superstar.  I'd say he's comparable to Detlef Schrempf in many ways.  

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

FayettenamVeteran

If you have any of the Fox Sports channels, be it on satellite or cable, you'll be able to watch him play when he comes to Houston or Dallas on Fox SW.  TNT normally shows a few Jazz games. 

nwarazfan

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on June 28, 2006, 08:34:49 pm

Boozer isn't that good.

He only avg 16.3 ppg and 8.6 rpg - that sucks.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: edmo on June 28, 2006, 08:33:30 pm
Look over the what?

The Wasatch Mtns. behind the Salt Lake City skyline. 

SiriusHog™

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on June 28, 2006, 09:36:08 pm

Kirilenko is good, but not quite a superstar.  I'd say he's comparable to Detlef Schrempf in many ways.  

kirilenko's wife is the superstar... she gives him a great 'allowance'

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635189228,00.html

allyoucaneatbuffet

I'm being serious here, could it be Ronnie just doesn't want to live in Utah?  isn't it one of the whitest, most republican, right wing places around?   Not saying Ronnie's a communist :), but if he isn't "Utahish", he may not enjoy the, um, "environment"????

Or is Salt Lake different from the rest of Utah?

SiriusHog™

uhm... he's lived in NWA for most of his life... which is also mostly white, and republican and right wing... whats the major difference?  karl malone did it for years and years..

JIHawg

Great article, Cirius.  Arkansas players in the NBA draft never make any sense.  Corless to Sacremento, Joe to the Celtics, and now Brewer to Utah-you could make a case for any player going to any school, but we always speculate our Hawg players going to LA, Chi, NY, or a nearby city team, and it always turns out some way off place of little significance in the NBA, and there never seems to be any real logic to why they go where they go.

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: CallMeHog on June 28, 2006, 09:02:37 pm
J.J. Redick goes 11th? What a big time mistake for the Orlando Magic. Their general manager
must have been drunker than JJ behind the wheel. LOL

no kidding, and was it just me or did Reddick seem a little arrogant in his interview with Stu Scott? I think RB really thought he would land in Orlando.

HOGLUVIN

I cant remember, but didn't another black fella... Karl "The Mailman" Malone do pretty well in that whitey town? Why must it come down to this. I seriously doubt that RB would bich about whatever team took him #14 in the NBA Draft.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SiriusHog on June 28, 2006, 09:51:15 pm

That's sad, isn't it? Is that what we want our kids to read and/or emulate?  Athletes have to be among the stupidest people on the face of the earth.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

SiriusHog™

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 28, 2006, 10:17:53 pm

That's sad, isn't it? Is that what we want our kids to read and/or emulate?  Athletes have to be among the stupidest people on the face of the earth.

its his wife who does this... he says in the article he doesnt take her up on it..

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SiriusHog on June 28, 2006, 10:18:49 pm

its his wife who does this... he says in the article he doesnt take her up on it..

He didn't exactly say that. Besides, do you want your daughter saying that to her husband? I can't believe those two guys condoned it, Kornheiser and the other loser columnist.

SiriusHog™

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 28, 2006, 10:21:46 pm

He didn't exactly say that. Besides, do you want your daughter saying that to her husband? I can't believe those two guys condoned it, Kornheiser and the other loser columnist.

i'm not too worried about it... i dont depend on athletes to raise my kids... i do it myself...

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SiriusHog on June 28, 2006, 10:22:58 pm

i'm not too worried about it... i dont depend on athletes to raise my kids... i do it myself...

Just a shame it's being talked about on sports shows that teen boys watch or listen to. Not the message you want them to hear even if you're doing the parenting.

SiriusHog™

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 28, 2006, 10:26:45 pm

Just a shame it's being talked about on sports shows that teen boys watch or listen to. Not the message you want them to hear even if you're doing the parenting.

are you one of those guys who also thinks violent video games lead kids to shoot people?? lol

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SiriusHog on June 28, 2006, 10:27:44 pm
Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 28, 2006, 10:26:45 pm

are you one of those guys who also thinks violent video games lead kids to shoot people?? lol

How do violent video games compare to real life in which a wife is telling her NBA husband you can have sex with any woman one night a year?